Week of 11/29/23
At Your Service
• AAA MICK TREE SERVICE. Kansas Certified Arborist. Aerial equipped. Stump Removal. Insured. Free estimates. Holton, Kan., 785-383-6670.
• HOLTON AUTO PARTS, Inc. (NAPA) is open 7 days a week - 8a.m.-6p.m. Monday-Friday, 8a.m.-2p.m. Saturday and 10a.m.-2p.m. Sunday. 364-3136.
Local Youth At Your Service
• FALL YARD CLEANUP & gutters. Kolton & Landon 785-364-7292.
• *ALCOHOL PROBLEM with family member or friend? Holton Al-ANON family group, Wednesdays, 7pm, Evangel church, across from church library.
• *Hours at the JCMA New Hope Center Food Pantry, located at Fifth Street and Wisconsin Avenue in the Holton First Christian Church basement, are from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Thursdays. For more information, call 362-7021.
• *The Heart of Jackson Humane Society shelter is located at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton and is open from 1p.m. to 4p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays. We are closed Sundays and Mondays. For more information, call 364-5156.
• NEED A RUBBER STAMP? The Holton Recorder is a local dealer for Superior Rubber Stamp and Seal Company of Wichita. Contact The Recorder for the following supplies: Pre-inked stamps, self-inking stamps, daters, markers, name tags, awards, wall signs, plaques. 364-3141, 109 W.4th St., firstname.lastname@example.org
• AUSTRALIAN SHEPHERD Puppies for sale. 785-364-6633/Betsy Zibell.
• CK-POO PUPPIES, cute & playful. S/W. 870-450-1830.
• The Heart of Jackson Humane Society is collecting aluminum cans to recycle. Please place bags of aluminum cans on the West side of the van garage at the shelter. Aluminum cans only. (No aluminum foil or aluminum trays, please, as they can not be recycled). Also needed are volunteers to walk dogs and assist with fund-raising. For more information call the Shelter at 785-364-5156 or stop by the Shelter at 414 E 8th Street in Holton.
• CAREER POSITION - CHR/SDPI Coordinator. The Sac and Fox Nation has an immediate opening for a full time Director/Coordinator position (working four 10 hour days Monday - Thursday) with attractive benefits package offered. This position, officed in Reserve, KS will be responsible for directing the two separate but interrelated programs: Community Health Representative (CHR) and the Special Diabetes Program for Indians (SDPI). This supervisory position will provide high quality service to the members of the Sac and Fox Nation while meeting specific agency program requirements. Knowledge, supervisory skills, and abilities required include: Knowledge of principles and practices of project/program administration and financial management; ability to create, read, and amend budgets; ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with the general public, staff and officials, and outside agency personnel; proficient in computer use to include word processing and collecting/managing data using spreadsheets and databases. $16 to $22 per hour depending upon qualifications. This position requires a high school diploma or GED certificate and one (1) or more years of prior medical background experience and you must be able to attend required CHR training when necessary to fulfill the grant requirements. Must have a valid driver's license. Native preference does apply. Application form and a more complete job description can be picked up at the Sac and Fox Tribal Administrative Office, 305 North Main Street, Reserve, KS or requested via phone at (785)742-7471 Ext 2500 or via email email@example.com. Submit application form, cover letter, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (785) 742-3785 no later than 2 PM Thursday 01/01/2024.
• GAMING COMMISSIONER - Sac and Fox Nation - Full Time Position. The Sac and Fox Nation has an immediate opening for a full time Gaming Commissioner. Working four days (8-4:30) - 32 hours a week with attractive benefits package offered. Pay range is $18.00 per hour. Officed at 1324 US Hwy. 75 in Powhattan, KS, 66527 the purpose of this position is to assure that the Tribal Gaming Operation is in compliance with the Tribal Gaming Ordinance, Gaming Commission regulations, as well as applicable Federal and state regulations. Shall have the primary responsibility for enforcing Tribal Law with respect to each tribal gaming activity or operations conducted on the Reservation pursuant to the Gaming Compact, including regulation of any management contractors, manufacturer/distributors and all gaming employees. The Tribal Gaming Commission shall also receive consumer complaints within the gaming facility and shall assist in seeking voluntary resolution of such complaints. Indian Preference does apply. The position requires a high school diploma or GED certificate. The appointed Gaming Commissioner must be able to qualify for a Category 1 gaming license. Preferred qualifications include 3 years previous Indian gaming experience. Application form and more complete job descriptions can be picked up at the Sac and Fox Tribal Administrative Office, 305 North Main Street, Reserve, KS or requested via phone at (785)742-7471 Ext 2500 or via email email@example.com. Submit the application form, cover letter, and resume, outlining your skills, background, and interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a paper copy of the application form, cover letter, and resume, to Julie Simmons, 305 N. Main, Reserve, KS 66434 or fax to (785)742-3785 no later than 2 PM Thursday 01/04/2024.
• TRUCK STOP ASSISTANT MANAGER: Sac and Fox Nation - Full Time Position. The Sac and Fox Nation has an opening for a full time Truck Stop Assistant Manager with full BCBS & other attractive benefits offered. Officed at the Truck Stop, 1324 US Hwy.75, Powhattan, KS, this position is responsible for the overall operation of the Truck Stop. Must be able to work days, nights and weekends. This position requires six (6) months previous experience in a similar position that included supervisory responsibilities, inventory, ordering, reports and promoting superior customer relations. Must have a valid driver's license. Native American preference is given. Tentative pay range is $15 to $18 per hour depending upon qualifications. For additional information, call Theresa Armbruster, 402-245-1236. Application and full job description available at the Sac and Fox Admin. Office, 305 North Main St., Reserve, KS 68434 or (785)742-7471 Ext.2500 or email@example.com. May submit application, resume & cover letter by mail at the address above or in person or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply 12-28-2023 at 2pm.
• WATER QUALITY COORDINATOR. The Sac and Fox Nation has an immediate full time opening for a Water Quality Coordinator. The Coordinator is responsible for conducting surface water sampling, data assessment, research, developing and writing monitoring strategies, quality assurance project plans and grants. The applicant must have computer skills, ability to work outdoors and with community, a degree in Science or related field is preferred. Experience may be substituted. Must possess a valid driver's license. $17 to $20 per hour. Working four 10 hour days: 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday - Thursday. May require travel and training. Indian preference does apply. Application and information available at the Sac and Fox Admin Office, 305 North Main St., Reserve, KS 68434 or (785)742-7471 Ext 2500 or email@example.com. May submit in person or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply 12-28-2023 at 2p.m.
• We have appliance parts in stock. Call Jayhawk TV & Appliance at 364-2241.
• LIVING ESTATE SALE: 322 Kansas St., Netawaka, Friday-Saturday-Sunday, Dec. 1-3, 9a.m.-5p.m.. Everything must go! Special collector items, antiques, etc.
• BLACK AMERICANA, 6-month-old, tame Rooster, $10; Pearl, 2-month-old, Guineas, $15-each; white female 1-year-old Goat, $150; other goats available. 785-969-9167, Holton.
• FOR SALE: Heavy-Duty Steel Double Decker Smoker, $300; Household Appliances; Handi-Cap Equipment; 14ft. Ladders, $25/each; Barrels; Doors; Windows; Sinks. 785-969-9167, Holton.
• OUR AWARD-WINNING journalism is focused on serving our community. Focus on your business...Advertise local in The Holton Recorder, 785-364-3141.
• WORD CLASSIFIED ADS in The Holton Recorder are placed FREE online at www.holtonrecorder.net!
• SEASONED Hedge, Locust, Ash, Mulberry, Walnut, mixed Wood. 785-969-9167, Holton.
• IF YOU BELIEVE you have been the victim of identity theft, robocall scam or an ad scam, you can file a report online with the Consumer Protection Division at www.InYourCornerKansas.org or call 1-800-432-2310. Any questionable ads in The Holton Recorder please call, 364-3141.