Week of 7/28/21
• *ALCOHOL PROBLEM with family member or friend? Holton Al-ANON family group, Wednesdays, 7pm, Evangel United Methodist Church, across from church library.
• *Hours at the JCMA New Hope Center Food Pantry, located at Fifth Street and Wisconsin Avenue in the Holton First Christian Church basement, are from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Thursdays. For more information, call 362-7021.
• *NEED A BANKRUPTCY? Payment options available. Paperwork can be done by mail. Free information. Euler Law Offices, LLP, Troy, KS 66087. Call (785)985-3561. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
• A CONSISTENT advertising plan with your local newspaper, informing your customers about how you can serve them, builds consumer confidence and trust in your business. Visit with The Holton Recorder advertising experts about how to grow your successful business. Simply call us at 785-364-3141.
• ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS Meeting, 7p.m. Thursdays at EUM Church Library, 3rd & Pennsylvania, Holton.
• NEED A RUBBER STAMP? The Holton Recorder is a local dealer for Superior Rubber Stamp and Seal Company of Wichita. Contact The Recorder for the following supplies: Pre-inked stamps, self-inking stamps, daters, markers, name tags, awards, wall signs, plaques. 364-3141, 109 W.4th St., email@example.com
• SAVE THE DATE: Joel Tay with Creation Ministries International will be in Havensville on Saturday, Aug. 28, to give presentations on Biblical Creationism. More information on Creation Ministries International, Creation Science and Mr. Tay can be found on www.creation.com .
• *The Heart of Jackson Humane Society shelter is located at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton and is open from 10a.m. to 5p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays. We are closed Sundays and Mondays. For more information, call 364-5156.
At Your Service
• AAA MICK TREE SERVICE. Kansas Certified Arborist. Aerial equipped. Stump Removal. Insured. Free estimates. Holton, Kan., 785-383-6670.
• CHRIS WOLTJE CONSTRUCTION: Specializing in replacement windows, vinyl siding, room additions, decks and any other Interior or Exterior work, large or small. Call for Estimate, 785-633-4429.
• HOLTON AUTO PARTS, Inc. (NAPA) is open 7 days a week - 8a.m.-6p.m. Monday-Friday, 8a.m.-2p.m. Saturday and 10a.m.-2p.m. Sunday. 364-3136.
• LIGHT MECHANICAL WORK done in Soldier! Call Mr. Jones, 913-904-6983.
• ODD JOBS WANTED. 913-904-6983 (just retired), Mr. Jones.
• WORKIN MANS FRIEND: Lawn care and Handyman work. Mowing, weed eating, trimming, sheetrocking, paint, too many things to list. Just call for estimate and see if we can help! 816-689-8210 or 785-364-5958.
Local Youth At Your Service
• LAWN CARE: Mowing & edging; gutter cleaning; spraying; yard cleanup. Contact for more information, Caleb & Landon Hernandez, 364-7797.
• FREE KITTENS, (785)364-5822.
• The Heart of Jackson Humane Society is seeking donations of several items for continued operations, as well as more volunteers to walk dogs at the shelter. For more information, call the shelter at 364-5156 or stop by the shelter at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton.
• IF YOU BELIEVE you have been the victim of identity theft, robocall scam or an ad scam, you can file a report online with the Consumer Protection Division at www.InYourCornerKansas.org or call 1-800-432-2310. Any questionable ads in The Holton Recorder please call, 364-3141.
• EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Apply in person at Super 8 Motel in Holton for the following position: part-time housekeeper, weekends necessary. Must have reliable transportation.
• FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT: Construction/remodeling position. Must have D.L. and own transportation. Please contact Kyle Construction at (785)364-3606.
• NOW HIRING: Apply at Holton 66. Full-time and part-time positions. 917 4th St., Holton.
• We have appliance parts in stock. Call Jayhawk TV & Appliance at 364-2241.
Lawn & Garden
• BULK 100% Decorative river rock. 785-851-0053.
• ESTATE SALE August 5, 7:30a.m.-5:30p.m.; August 6, 8a.m.-5p.m.; August 7, 8a.m.-2p.m: 403 K214 Hwy, Hoyt. Furniture, Decor, Household Items, Antiques, Collectibles, Purses, Toys And More!
• MOVING SALE: This Friday & Saturday, 8a.m.-6p.m. at 417 Wisconsin Ave., Holton. 220 AC 18,000BTU; large compressor; impact drill; drywall & drywall lifter; power washer 3100PSI; electric mower; aluminum attic stairs; new doors; microwave; large kerosene heaters; kitchen counters w/tops; piano; organ; clothes; puzzles; cast iron sink; stainless steel sinks; insulation; bathtub; Corolla wheels (4); porch flooring T&G & rails; vice & table; stock racks; scaffolding-5'long; twin beds; dresser.
• MULTIPLE GARAGE SALES in Soldier, Kansas this Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Lots of little girl's clothing, antiques and misc.
• COAST-TO-COAST: Order Now For Summer! Carports, garages, storage sheds, barns, livestock shelters, motor home carports, commercial buildings. Dealer: George Uhl, Sr. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• FOR SALE: Two burial lots in Holton Cemetery (Section-D, Lot W5 and Lot 88, Spaces 3-4). $700-for-both. Leave message at (785)230-0996.
• FOR SALE: Barn Boards, (785)224-8523.
• IN-VAC-CARE Hospital Bed, $400; Burn Barrels, Plastic Storage/Feed Barrels; Camping Firewood; Butcher Goats; Doors, windows, sinks; (785)969-9167, Holton.
• WORD CLASSIFIED ADS in The Holton Recorder are placed FREE online at www.holtonrecorder.net!
• 2-BEDROOM HOUSE in Holton. CA/CH, $700/rent, $700/deposit. Lease & references required. For application call (785)851-1392.
• HOUSE FOR RENT: North of Denison, (785)851-7711.