Section of sewer line to be replaced in Holton
The Holton City Commission on Monday evening approved a bid to replace a problematic section of the city’s sewer line in order to prepare the line for an upgrade.
A 70-foot section of a north-south main sewer line in the 600 block between New York and Pennsylvania avenues — “the one that we’ve had so much trouble with,” Holton City Manager Kerwin McKee said — will be replaced by Haug Construction of Holton, which bid $17,355 for the work, commissioners noted.
Holton Water and Sewer Superintendent Dennis Ashcraft said there was “a collapse” at the deep end of that particular 70-foot section of sewer main, where two sewer line taps are being requested for residential use. Haug Construction had already been tapped to prepare the taps, McKee added, so the repaired line will “give them something to tap.”