Week of 6/7/23
• *ALCOHOL PROBLEM with family member or friend? Holton Al-ANON family group, Wednesdays, 7pm, Evangel church, across from church library.
• *Hours at the JCMA New Hope Center Food Pantry, located at Fifth Street and Wisconsin Avenue in the Holton First Christian Church basement, are from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Thursdays. For more information, call 362-7021.
• NEED A RUBBER STAMP? The Holton Recorder is a local dealer for Superior Rubber Stamp and Seal Company of Wichita. Contact The Recorder for the following supplies: Pre-inked stamps, self-inking stamps, daters, markers, name tags, awards, wall signs, plaques. 364-3141, 109 W.4th St., firstname.lastname@example.org
• *The Heart of Jackson Humane Society shelter is located at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton and is open from 1p.m. to 4p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays. We are closed Sundays and Mondays. For more information, call 364-5156.
At Your Service
• AAA MICK TREE SERVICE. Kansas Certified Arborist. Aerial equipped. Stump Removal. Insured. Free estimates. Holton, Kan., 785-383-6670.
• BRICKLAYER: 23 YEARS Experience, 18 years self-employed. Insured. All Brick, Block, Stone, New Construction and Repairs. Holton and surrounding areas. Matt (970)297-8812.
• HOLTON AUTO PARTS, Inc. (NAPA) is open 7 days a week - 8a.m.-6p.m. Monday-Friday, 8a.m.-2p.m. Saturday and 10a.m.-2p.m. Sunday. 364-3136.
• OUR AWARD-WINNING journalism is focused on serving our community. Focus on your business...Advertise local in The Holton Recorder, 785-364-3141.
• The Heart of Jackson Humane Society is collecting aluminum cans to recycle. Please place bags of aluminum cans on the West side of the van garage at the shelter. Aluminum cans only. (No aluminum foil or aluminum trays, please, as they cannot be recycled.) Also needed are volunteers to walk dogs and assist with fund-raising. For more information call the Shelter at 785-364-5156 or stop by the Shelter at 414 E 8th Street in Holton.
• IF YOU BELIEVE you have been the victim of identity theft, robocall scam or an ad scam, you can file a report online with the Consumer Protection Division at www.InYourCornerKansas.org or call 1-800-432-2310. Any questionable ads in The Holton Recorder please call, 364-3141.
• TOMATO CAGES; State Select 40-gallon propane hot water heater, clean tank, $300; Admiral Electric Dryer, $150; Frigidaire Glass-Top stove, never used, $200; Kitchen-Aid Combo microwave and electric oven, $200, like-new; nice Amana 20" electric stove, 4-burner/oven, works great, $125; Kenmore N. Gas Dryer $150; Whirlpool N. Gas Stove, $175. 785-969-9167, Holton.
• We have appliance parts in stock. Call Jayhawk TV & Appliance at 364-2241.
• HAVING A GARAGE SALE is work. Make sure you advertise it here to bring more people to your sale! 10 Words or less just $4!
• COAST TO COAST INC. Carports, garages, livestock shelters, barns, storage sheds, RV/motor home carports, commercial buildings, up to 100' span. Dealer George Uhl, Sr., 785-969-9167, Holton.
• JOHN DEERE galva. 6-compartment nesting box, $100; Burn Barrels, $20; vinegar/water barrels, $25; fuel/oil barrels, $25; doors, windows, sinks, shutters, steel warehouse racking. 785-969-9167.
• FOR SALE: Samsung Air Conditioner, 18,000-BTU, 230-volt; a large Gas BBQ Grill w/side burner; Training Wheels for a kid's bike. Please call 816-536-0162.
• WORD CLASSIFIED ADS in The Holton Recorder are placed FREE online at www.holtonrecorder.net!