Week of 9/19/18
• *ALCOHOL PROBLEM with family member or friend? Holton Al-ANON family group, Wednesdays, 7p.m., Evangel United Methodist Church, East door, go to Library, Rm.104.
• *Hours at the JCMA New Hope Center Food Pantry, located at Fifth Street and Wisconsin Avenue in the Holton First Christian Church basement, are from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursdays. For more information, call 362-7021.
• *NEED A BANKRUPTCY? Payment options available. Paperwork can be done by mail. Free information. Euler Law Offices, LLP, Troy, KS 66087. Call (785)985-3561. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
• A consistent advertising plan with your local newspaper, informing your customers about how you can serve them, builds consumer confidence and trust in your business. Visit with The Holton Recorder advertising experts about how to grow your successful business. Simply call us at 785-364-3141. We are here to help your business reach your goals!
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is a local dealer for Superior Rubber Stamp and Seal Company of Wichita. Contact The Recorder for the following supplies: Pre-inked stamps, self-inking stamps, daters, markers, name tags, awards, wall signs, plaques. 364-3141, 109 W.4th St., email@example.com
• *The Heart of Jackson Humane Society shelter is located at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton and is open from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday and at other times by appointment. For more information, call 364-5156.
• SMALL SQUARE BALES of Straw for sale, (785)364-7109.
• WANT TO BUY: Old, flat-top guitars, any condition. Please call 364-3800 evenings.
At Your Service
• AAA MICK TREE SERVICE. Kansas Certified Arborist. Aerial equipped. Stump Removal. Insured. Free estimates. Holton, Kan., 785-383-6670.
• CHRIS WOLTJE CONSTRUCTION: Specializing in replacement windows, vinyl siding, room additions, decks and any other Interior or Exterior work, large or small. Call for Estimate, 785-633-4429.
• CUSTOM DRILLING: $16/ACRE. Have CrustBuster no-till drill, 30'. (785)633-8374.
• EASTSIDE STORAGE, Fourth and Vermont, Holton, (785)364-3404. Storage compartments for rent.
• MASTIFF PAINTING: General Construction, building/home repair/maintenance, power washing. No-Job-Too-Small, 30-Years-Experience. Free Estimates. 785-851-0911.
• TREE TRIMMING & Removal, aerial equipment, stump removal, free estimates, insured. KCAT Tree Service, 785-305-0295.
• FREE KITTENS & Cats!!! (931)627-6418.
• The Heart of Jackson Humane Society is seeking donations of several items for continued operations, as well as more volunteers to walk dogs at the shelter. For more information, call the shelter at 364-5156 or stop by the shelter at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton.
• AVOID BEING TAKEN! Before investing in classified ads on work-at-home opportunities, "Too Good To Be True" business opportunities, or advance fee loans, The Holton Recorder urges readers to visit the consumer protection website at www.InYourCornerKansas.org or call 1-800-432-2310.
• DAIRY QUEEN OF Holton is hiring. $200 Sign-On Bonus! Weekdays, Monday-Friday day shift. We offer competitive pay, positive/respectful work environment, paid vacation, tuition assistance, free meals and discounts, 401K. Apply in person at 915 W. 4th St., Holton, or visit our Facebook page.
• IMMEDIATE OPENING: Part-time employment, 16 hours a week, 8:30a.m.-2p.m. Must have reliable transportation, valid DL, & must be able to pass background checks, (785)872-3200.
• We have appliance parts in stock. Call Jayhawk TV & Appliance at 364-2241.
Lawn & Garden
• BULK 100% Decorative river rock. 785-851-0053.
• OPEN TOP PLASTIC BARRELS, $10; plastic feed barrel w/lid, $20; steel oil barrels, $20; Burn barrels, $25; 40-lb. bags coal, $15; Eggs; ducks, roosters, female rabbits. Holton, 785-969-9167.
• KIND-OF-A-GARAGE SALE: 2 Stihl Chain Saws: 1 - 039 model, $180, 1 - 028 model, $130; 1 28-ft Werner Aluminum extension ladder, $75. (785)383-4906.
• UHL'S WAREHOUSE-APPLIANCES, FURNITURE: Refrigerators; Freezers; Washers; Dryers; Microwave ovens; Kitchen stoves as low as $100; doors; windows; sinks; handicap mobility chairs; scooters; hospital beds as low as $100; electric lift chairs; recliners; barrels as low as $10. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• COAST-TO-COAST: Carports (order before Fall!), garages, storage sheds, barns, livestock shelters, motor home carports, commercial buildings. Dealer: George Uhl, Sr. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• 1-BEDROOM APARTMENT: Furnished, deposit required, no pets. 785-364-4676/785-408-3261.
• FOR RENT in Holton: 3-Bedroom, 1-bathroom, CA/CH, basement, lots of storage, $700/month, $700/deposit. (785)945-6629 or (785)256-5429.
• HOUSE FOR RENT: Country home in Wetmore; 4 Bedrooms, one bathroom; with detached garage. Call (785)741-4463.
• MOBILE HOME FOR RENT located in Holton with 3-bedrooms, 2-bathrooms, washer/dryer and all kitchen appliances included. If interested, please call Dave at (785)410-8442.
• RENTAL AVAILABLE Oct. 1st: In Holton, 3-bedroom home on corner lot. All appliances including washer & dryer, CA/CH, $700/month, $700/deposit, no pets, (785)924-3775.
• RENTAL: 2-BEDROOM, 1-bath in Holton, stove/refrigerator, single-garage, $650/rent, $650/deposit, (785)945-6629, (785)256-5429.
• FOR-SALE: 41.5 acres of pasture at 218th/V Road. $2,900/acre. 785-851-7210.
• HOUSE-FOR-SALE in Soldier. 2-Bedroom, 1.5-bath, 2-story, renovated, appliances included. Large lot with outbuildings. Call (785)834-5522 after 5p.m.
• ’85 FORD F-150: 2-WD, runs good. Make offer, 364-5119.