Week of 4/26/17
• *ALCOHOL PROBLEM with family member or friend? Holton Al-ANON family group, Wednesdays, 7p.m., Evangel United Methodist Church, East door, go to Library, Rm.104.
• *Hours at the JCMA New Hope Center Food Pantry, located at Fifth Street and Wisconsin Avenue in the Holton First Christian Church basement, are from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursdays. For more information, call 362-7021.
• *NEED A BANKRUPTCY? Payment options available. Paperwork can be done by mail. Free information. Euler Law Offices, LLP, Troy, KS 66087. Call (785)985-3561. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
• A consistent advertising plan with your local newspaper, informing your customers about how you can serve them, builds consumer confidence and trust in your business. Visit with The Holton Recorder advertising experts about how to grow your successful business. Simply call us at 785-364-3141. We are here to help your business reach your goals!
• NOTICE: Don't forget to order your Holton Recorder! Subscriptions start at 42 cents per issue!
• NOTICE: Spring is a good time to sell unwanted items here in The Holton Recorder classified section!
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is a local dealer for Superior Rubber Stamp and Seal Company of Wichita. Contact The Recorder for the following supplies: Pre-inked stamps, self-inking stamps, daters, markers, name tags, awards, wall signs, plaques. 364-3141, 109 W.4th St., email@example.com
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is responsible for errors in ads/legals for one time ONLY! If you see a mistake in your ad/legal, please contact us before the next scheduled run so that we may correct the error. Thank you.
• NOTICE: You will be amazed at the response you get when you place an ad on this page! Prices start at just $3.55!
• *The Heart of Jackson Humane Society shelter is located at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton and is open from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday and at other times by appointment. For more information, call 364-5156.
At Your Service
• AAA MICK TREE SERVICE. Kansas Certified Arborist. Tree care and removal. Aerial equipped. Stump Removal. Insured. Free estimates. Holton, Kan., 785-364-5088 or 785-383-6670.
• ALTERATIONS: Prom, bridal or any kind of sewing. Call Cindy Meyer, 966-2492.
• CHRIS WOLTJE CONSTRUCTION: Specializing in replacement windows, vinyl siding, room additions, decks and any other Interior or Exterior work, large or small. Call for Estimate, 785-633-4429.
• DAVIDSON EXCAVATING/Dump Trucking: Top-soil, fill-dirt, fill-sand, deco rock, pea gravel, driveway rock. Available 7-days/week. Call 785-935-2441.
• EASTSIDE STORAGE, Fourth and Vermont, Holton, (785)364-3404. Storage compartments for rent.
• JASON HILL FENCING: Repair or build barbwire fence. 785-364-6217.
• MASTIFF PAINTING: General Construction, building/home repair/maintenance, power washing. No-Job-Too-Small, 30-Years-Experience. Free Estimates. (785)851-0911.
• TREE TRIMMING & REMOVAL, aerial equipment, stump removal, free estimates, insured. Larrison Tree Service, 785-364-3743. Call anytime.
Local Youth At Your Service
• Teenager looking for yards to mow in Holton. Call Taygen, 785-364-7747.
Lost & Found
• FOUND: English Setter, middle-aged, male, found at 200 block of West 5th Street, Holton. Call Banner Creek Animal Hospital, 364-4560.
• FOUND: Yellow/white cat, 1-to-3-years-old, male, has collar, found at 300 block of Ohio Ave./Holton. Call Banner Creek Animal Hospital, 364-4560.
• FOR-ADOPTION: (1)Grey kitten, 3-to-4-months-old; (1)Black/tan Coonhound, 2-to-3-years-old, male; (1)Black Lab mix, 1-to-2-years-old, female; (2)Black Lab mix, 1-year-old, female; (1)Pit Bull mix, 2-to-3-years-old, male; (1)Black/tan Coonhound, under 1-year, male; (1)Bull Terrier, 1-to-2-years-old, female. Call Banner Creek Animal Hospital, 364-4560.
• ANGUS BULLS FOR-SALE: 15-months. Ron Kuglin, 364-7458.
• FOR-SALE: Horned, polled bulls. Davis Hereford, Maple Hill, Kansas, 785-256-4643.
• FOR-SALE: Excellent quality Hereford bulls. Broken-B Herefords, Holton. 785-458-2145
• The Heart of Jackson Humane Society is seeking donations of several items for continued operations, as well as more volunteers to walk dogs at the shelter. For more information, call the shelter at 364-5156 or stop by the shelter at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton.
• TILLABLE ACRES to rent: Growing family farm expanding operation. 316-680-1254
• AVOID BEING TAKEN! Before investing in classified ads on work-at-home opportunities, "Too Good To Be True" business opportunities, or advance fee loans, The Holton Recorder urges readers to visit the consumer protection website at www.InYourCornerKansas.org or call 1-800-432-2310.
• DOUG RICHERT Chevrolet Buick is hiring for a full-time car wash/lot attendant. Apply in person at 306 New York Ave./Holton.
• WANTED: Young man, 12-to-14-years of age, to pull weeds, sweep patio and other miscellaneous jobs. Pay based on quality of work. Call 364-5334.
• We have an opening for an Assistant Teacher in Jefferson County- Meriden Head Start. Salary range is $8.86-$13.91. Please go to www.nekcap.org for job description and application. Please submit application and proof of education to firstname.lastname@example.org. NEK-CAP, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
• DESK-FOR-SALE: "L"-shaped desk, oak finish, excellent condition, non-smoking house. 785-383-5035, $60.
• UHL-FURNITURE: Nice brown swede couch w/2 electric recliners, $400; nice large La-Z-Boy electric lift chair w/heat controls, $400; mobility chairs/scooters w/new batteries, $400-$500; hospital beds, $400-$750. Call after 9am, 785-969-9167.
• UHL-FURNITURE: Beds; single, twin, full, queen, king, bunk-beds, dressers, tables, chairs, divans, couches, love seat, recliners. Call after 9am, 785-969-9167.
• UHL-APPLIANCES/FURNITURE: Washers, dryers, electric/gas ranges, parts. Call after 9am, 785-969-9167/Holton.
• We have appliance parts in stock. Call Jayhawk TV & Appliance at 364-2241.
Lawn & Garden
• BULK 100% Decorative river rock. 785-851-0053.
• FOR-SALE: All-natural Angus beef. Locker date May-1. Home-raised, corn-fed for 120-days. No shots/hormones. 785-966-2342
• 122 E.5TH ST./HOLTON (Susan Mencl): Thursday, April-27, 7am-4pm/Friday, April-28, 7am-4pm/Saturday, April-29, 7am-noon. Lamps, small table, tennis rackets, some clothes, coats, decor, new items, old horse harness.
• 204 S.TOPEKA, HOLTON: Friday, April-28, 9am-3pm/Saturday, April-29, 8am-noon.
• 20585 R4-ROAD, HOLTON: Friday-Saturday, April 28-29, 7:30am-? Huge selection of rods/reels/sinkers. Handmade rag rugs, lots of this and that, some tires.
• 22089 P-ROAD/HOLTON: April 28-29, 8am-6pm. Tools, oil lamps, snap-on collectibles, motorcycle jackets, misc., 2008 Harley Classic.
• 303 EASTERN ST./DENISON: Friday/Saturday, April 28-29, 8am-3pm. Hand-wrenches, Bolens 36" riding mower, full-size pickup took box, furniture, lots of other miscellaneous.
• 304 WISCONSIN AVE./HOLTON: Friday-Saturday, April 28-29, 8am-3pm. Baby girl clothes (newborn-size 5), household items, some miscellaneous, kitchen items, food processor, food streamer.
• 403 BUTLER/CIRCLEVILLE (follow signs): April 27-28-29, 8am-5pm. Lots of liquor items, T-shirts, caps, mirrors, metal signs, lights, glasses, (2)cycle (tailgate) blender, electric guitar, bread machine, Jack La Lann power juicer, Showtime rotisserie/BBQ oven, tires, Craftsman chipper shredder machine and lots of miscellaneous.
Don't forget Boy Scouts at the corner of Idaho/Sixth Street! We've got a lot of good stuff! Saturday, April-29, 7am-5pm.
• FRIDAY, APRIL-28 ONLY: 7am-5pm, 115 E.5th St./Holton, alley behind St. Dominic's. One set of French doors, 15-lite, pine wood/trim and hardware; one single French inside door, 15-lite, pine wood w/hardware; two heavy ext.doors, one with 12-lites on top, (4)wood panels on bottom and wooden screen door; misc. plywood, wood, foam/batt, insulation, (1)wood blind; outdoor lighted nativity scene; beauty shop hair dryer chair; metal drum roller lawn packer and 50-gallon steel trash barrel; misc. hand/garden tools and supplies, ladder jacks, cross-cut saws, limb saws, shovels, etc.; (4)galv. washtubs, round/square; (2)lighted metal cabinets w/glass mirrors; lots of other miscellaneous. Proceeds of sale go to St. Dominic's Youth Group.
• HUGE 5-FAMILY GARAGE SALE: 107 Karen Dr./Holton. Friday, April-28, 7am-?/Saturday, April-29, 7am-11am. Furniture, Coach purses, Silpada, home decor. Beth Mitchell/Shirley Pool
• INSIDE-HOUSE-SALE: 501 Butler Ave., Circleville. Friday/Saturday, April 28-29, 8am-4pm. Collectible sale: Starting Line-ups, Beanie Babies, porcelain dolls, lots of Barbie dolls, Halloween decor, Christmas decor, old Wheaties boxes, sport rider, heavy tomato cages, kerosene heater, Sears washer and lots of miscellaneous. Proceeds from Beanie Babies will be given to Heart of Jackson Humane Society.
• MULTI-FAMILY GARAGE SALE: 404 Circle Dr./Holton. Thursday, April-27, 8am-5pm/Friday, April-28, 8am-5pm/Saturday, April-29, 8am-4pm. Swain bike, men's/women's clothes (Miss Me, Under Armour, Niki), shoes, sword collection, toys, Hot Wheels, Vera Bradley/Coach purses, baseball items, lots of miscellaneous.
• ONAGA CITYWIDE GARAGE SALE: Saturday, April-29, 8am-4pm. 321 Leonard entrance in alley. Clothes by the bag, furniture, much more.
• YARD SALE: 818 New Jersey/Holton: Friday, April-28, 1pm-6:30pm/Saturday, April-29, 9am-2:30pm. Love seats, kitchen table/chairs, bunk beds, TV stand, desk, knickknacks, toys. No clothes. If raining, items will be inside.
• YARD-SALE: 701 Kansas Ave./Holton. Friday, April-28/Saturday, April-29, 8am-5pm.
• EXERCISE-MACHINE: Nordick Track Pro-skier ski machine, like-new, $250. 785-217-7819
• COAST-TO-COAST: Carports, garages, storage sheds, barns, livestock shelters, motor home carports, commercial buildings. Dealer: George Uhl, Sr. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• MIXED CAMPING WOOD and oak, hickory wood for smoking meats, any amount. 785-969-9167
• 1-BEDROOM UPSTAIRS apartment: No pets/smokers. $390/month. 785-935-2390
• 1-BEDROOM downstairs apartment: Furnished, washer/dryer hookup, central heat/AC. 785-364-6325
• 1-BEDROOM APARTMENT: Furnished, deposit required, no pets. 785-364-4676/785-408-3261
• 2-BEDROOM, 1-BATHROOM DUPLEX in Mayetta: $550/month, $550/deposit. Available end of May/first of June. Appliances furnished. 785-966-2217
• 3-BEDROOM, 1-BATHROOM HOUSE north of Denison in country, $700/month. 785-741-0744
• NICE, FRESHLY PAINTED 2-bedroom home in Holton. $495/month plus deposit. Credit report required. No pets/smoking. Call Terry, 785-207-0457.
• OFFICE SPACE at 104 W.5th Street: Utilities included in rent. Renovated building, only $295/month. Available July-1. 785-364-7153
• 3-BEDROOM, 2-BATHROOM house: Full basement, attached 2-car garage, remodeled, granite countertops, hardwood floors/tile throughout. Located in Rossville. Call Mary Chris Myers, 785-580-7702.
• OFFICE FOR RENT: Call 364-3394.
• FOR-SALE: 14-foot aluminum V-Boat trailer. 6-horse motor, tank/lines, oars, $499. 785-305-1473
• SAILBOAT-FOR-SALE: Lighting #9025 19-foot, fiberglass, wood mast, sails and trailer, $1,800 firm. 785-217-7819
• This is a public notice to Jeff Daugherty that the vehicle abandoned at 200 S.Highway K214, Hoyt, KS 66440, will be moved/disposed of/donated if not removed from the property by May 17, 2017. Please call 785-422-6377.