Week of 8/21/19
• *ALCOHOL PROBLEM with family member or friend? Holton Al-ANON family group, Wednesdays, 7p.m., Evangel United Methodist Church, East door, go to Library, Rm.104.
• *Hours at the JCMA New Hope Center Food Pantry, located at Fifth Street and Wisconsin Avenue in the Holton First Christian Church basement, are from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursdays. For more information, call 362-7021.
• *NEED A BANKRUPTCY? Payment options available. Paperwork can be done by mail. Free information. Euler Law Offices, LLP, Troy, KS 66087. Call (785)985-3561. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
• A consistent advertising plan with your local newspaper, informing your customers about how you can serve them, builds consumer confidence and trust in your business. Visit with The Holton Recorder advertising experts about how to grow your successful business. Simply call us at 785-364-3141. We are here to help your business reach your goals!
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is a local dealer for Superior Rubber Stamp and Seal Company of Wichita. Contact The Recorder for the following supplies: Pre-inked stamps, self-inking stamps, daters, markers, name tags, awards, wall signs, plaques. 364-3141, 109 W.4th St., firstname.lastname@example.org
• *The Heart of Jackson Humane Society shelter is located at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton and is open from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday and at other times by appointment. For more information, call 364-5156.
• NET-WRAPPED STRAW BALES for sale, 1,050-lbs., (785)617-0881.
• WANT TO BUY: Old, flat-top guitars, any condition. Please call 364-3800 evenings.
At Your Service
• AAA MICK TREE SERVICE. Kansas Certified Arborist. Aerial equipped. Stump Removal. Insured. Free estimates. Holton, Kan., 785-383-6670.
• CHRIS WOLTJE CONSTRUCTION: Specializing in replacement windows, vinyl siding, room additions, decks and any other Interior or Exterior work, large or small. Call for Estimate, 785-633-4429.
• EASTSIDE STORAGE, Fourth and Vermont, Holton, (785)364-3404. Storage compartments for rent.
• MASTIFF PAINTING: General Construction, building/home repair/maintenance, power washing. No-Job-Too-Small, 30-Years-Experience. Free Estimates. 785-851-0911.
• The Heart of Jackson Humane Society is seeking donations of several items for continued operations, as well as more volunteers to walk dogs at the shelter. For more information, call the shelter at 364-5156 or stop by the shelter at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton.
• AVOID BEING TAKEN! Before investing in classified ads on work-at-home opportunities, "Too Good To Be True" business opportunities, or advance fee loans, The Holton Recorder urges readers to visit the consumer protection website at www.InYourCornerKansas.org or call 1-800-432-2310.
• FISCAL MANAGER: The Northeast Kansas Area Agency on Aging is accepting applications for the position of Fiscal Manager. Applicant will be responsible for all fiscal operations of the agency including grant monitoring, budgeting, analyzing, and reporting. The Fiscal Manager also oversees accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll. The successful candidate will posses a bachelor's degree in business or a minimum of five years experience in accounting. EOE. Submit resumes to: Executive Director, Northeast Kansas Area Agency on Aging, 1803 Oregon Street, Hiawatha, KS 66434, or email to: email@example.com.
• HOLTON DAIRY QUEEN - Now Hiring day shift. Must be available weekdays. We offer competitive wages, paid vacation, 401K Plan, meal discounts, tuition assistance, advancement opportunities, and a positive family oriented environment. Apply in person at 915 W. 4th St., Holton or online at recruiting.talentreef.com/dairy-queen
• NEEDED: HOUSE CLEANED a couple of times/month. Please call (785)554-0776. Circleville/Holton area.
• WASH BAY ATTENDANTS: Part-time. Long Haul Truck Wash, Fairview. Open 7am-5pm Monday-Friday, 8am-noon Saturday. Apply at Jct.36/75, Fairview, big building w/blue roof.
• NEW AC, 5,200-BTU, $110; SPT Countertop Dishwasher,$150; Frigidaire Electric Kitchen Stove, $160; Westinghouse Apartment-size Freezer, $80; Samsung front-load Washer $200; Adair Portable Washer, $100; Plastic and Steel Barrels. (785)969-9167-Holton.
• We have appliance parts in stock. Call Jayhawk TV & Appliance at 364-2241.
Lawn & Garden
• BULK 100% Decorative river rock. 785-851-0053.
• NICE CHILD'S Saddle, $100; Adult Western Saddle w/breast collar, saddle blanket, stand, $250; Camping Wood; 275-Gallon Water Tank, $100. (785)969-9167/Holton.
• RED NECK ROOSTER, $10; Young Ducklings, $5-$10/each; Barrels. 785-969-9167, Holton.
• HUGE GARAGE - CANOPY Sale and Food by PowWow Cuisine: 8196 156th Lane (3rd cluster of houses), Mayetta. Friday through Monday, Aug. 23, 24, 25, 26, 8a.m.-7p.m.
• K ROAD SALES - Friday, Aug. 23, 8a.m.-6p.m. & Saturday, Aug. 24, 8a.m.-2p.m. 6 Miles West on Hwy. 16, turn south on K Road, 4 miles of Sales. Watch for signs. Vintage furniture, animal hutch, steel wheels, old pumps, school desks, storm windows. Something for everyone.
• UHL'S SECOND HAND Thrift: Commercial Piano Movers Dolley, $200; barrels; appliances; furniture; quilting rack, $100; handi-cap equipment; plumbing; electrical; chain-link fence supplies; steel warehouse pallet racks; doors; windows; sinks. (785)969-9167/Holton.
• SCHWARTZ Wide-front DFF AC WD 45, good. $350. 785-845-5181.
• COAST-TO-COAST: Order Now For Summer! Carports, garages, storage sheds, barns, livestock shelters, motor home carports, commercial buildings. Dealer: George Uhl, Sr. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• MacBook Pro (15 inch, late 2011) for sale. OS:macOS High Sierra Version: 10.13.6, Processor: 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7, Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB, HD: 500 GB SATA. Comes with: Charger on a charger reel, Magic Mouse, Video adapter to us HDMI, Pink Keyboard Cover (optional), Flower plastic body case (optional). Asking $600. Please contact via text: (785)640-9240 for pictures or other questions.
• 3-BEDROOM, 2-BATH house: 409 Illinois Ave./Holton. Hardwood, all appliances, central heat/air, large fenced yard. No smoking/pets. $825/month. 785-364-9068.
• 2005 CHRYSLER 300 Touring. Dark green, 107,000-miles only, 2-owners. Excellent condition inside-&-out. Premium wheels, sharp! $4,800/OBO. 785-221-2269.
• FOR SALE: 1997 5th-Wheel Camper. Very good condition. (785)924-3397.