Week of 12/13/17
• *ALCOHOL PROBLEM with family member or friend? Holton Al-ANON family group, Wednesdays, 7p.m., Evangel United Methodist Church, East door, go to Library, Rm.104.
• *Hours at the JCMA New Hope Center Food Pantry, located at Fifth Street and Wisconsin Avenue in the Holton First Christian Church basement, are from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursdays. For more information, call 362-7021.
• *NEED A BANKRUPTCY? Payment options available. Paperwork can be done by mail. Free information. Euler Law Offices, LLP, Troy, KS 66087. Call (785)985-3561. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
• A consistent advertising plan with your local newspaper, informing your customers about how you can serve them, builds consumer confidence and trust in your business. Visit with The Holton Recorder advertising experts about how to grow your successful business. Simply call us at 785-364-3141. We are here to help your business reach your goals!
• NOTICE: Don't forget to order your Holton Recorder! Subscriptions start at 42 cents per issue!
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is a local dealer for Superior Rubber Stamp and Seal Company of Wichita. Contact The Recorder for the following supplies: Pre-inked stamps, self-inking stamps, daters, markers, name tags, awards, wall signs, plaques. 364-3141, 109 W.4th St., firstname.lastname@example.org
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is responsible for errors in ads for one time only. If you see a mistake in your ad, please contact us before the next scheduled run so that we may correct the error. Thank you.
• NOTICE: You will be amazed at the response you get when you place an ad on this page! Prices start at just $3.55!
• *The Heart of Jackson Humane Society shelter is located at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton and is open from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday and at other times by appointment. For more information, call 364-5156.
• YOU ARE INVITED! Beck-Bookman Library's Christmas Boutique/Membership Drive. Dec.2-30, open during regular library hours. Novelties/keepsakes for holiday game prizes! Lovables, keepables and new items at great prices!
• FOR-SALE: Small square bales of straw and prairie hay. 785-364-7109.
At Your Service
• AAA MICK TREE SERVICE. Kansas Certified Arborist. Aerial equipped. Stump Removal. Insured. Free estimates. Holton, Kan., 785-383-6670.
• CHRIS WOLTJE CONSTRUCTION: Specializing in replacement windows, vinyl siding, room additions, decks and any other Interior or Exterior work, large or small. Call for Estimate, 785-633-4429.
• EASTSIDE STORAGE, Fourth and Vermont, Holton, (785)364-3404. Storage compartments for rent.
• MASTIFF PAINTING: General Construction, building/home repair/maintenance, power washing. No-Job-Too-Small, 3-Years-Experience. Free Estimates. 785-851-0911.
• TREE TRIMMING & REMOVAL, aerial equipment, stump removal, free estimates, insured. Larrison Tree Service, 785-364-3743. Call anytime.
• The Heart of Jackson Humane Society is seeking donations of several items for continued operations, as well as more volunteers to walk dogs at the shelter. For more information, call the shelter at 364-5156 or stop by the shelter at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton.
• AVOID BEING TAKEN! Before investing in classified ads on work-at-home opportunities, "Too Good To Be True" business opportunities, or advance fee loans, The Holton Recorder urges readers to visit the consumer protection website at www.InYourCornerKansas.org or call 1-800-432-2310.
• Drivers: CDL-A: $2,000 sign-on bonus! Make $80K/year+. Family benefits only $75/month! Weekends off! No-slip seat. Flexible runs. Part-timers welcome! 855-599-4608.
• FULL-TIME CLERK/CASHIER needed: Weekends included. Cash register experience. Pick up application at Holton Farm-&-Home.
• PERMANENT FULL-TIME OFFICE ASSISTANT: Apply in person, Advanced Chiropractic Services, 123 Dakota Ave./Holton, Monday/Wednesday/Friday, 8am-4pm.
• HELP-WANTED: Full-Time, weekends included. Must be able to lift 80-pounds, stock shelves, customer service. Includes benefits. Hours 9am-6pm. Pick up application at Holton Farm-&-Home.
• Work in a job that changes the lives of little children. We have an opening for a Program Aide in Jackson County Head Start. Starting salary is $8.70/hour. Please go to www.nekcap.org for job description and application. Please submit application and proof of education to email@example.com. NEK-CAP, inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
• FOR-SALE: Table w/4 chairs, (2)bar stools. 785-364-6271.
• UHL-FURNITURE: Royalty beauty chair, $50; nice queen bed, $300; nice full bed, $200; bunk beds, $100-$250; twin bed, $100; dressers, $60; handicap hospital bed, $400; electric mobility chair/scooter, $400; nice electric lift-chair, $250; recliners, $40-$75; other equipment. Holton, 785-969-9167.
• UHL-APPLIANCES: Pennsylvania Anthracite Forging Coal, 40lb.-bag, $15; Vintage cast-iron claw-foot tub, $200; GE refrigerator, 14-cu.ft., $150; Maytag dryer, $200; GE electric range, $100; Maytag stackable washer/dryer, $300; gas ranges; parts. Holton, 785-969-9167.
• We have appliance parts in stock. Call Jayhawk TV & Appliance at 364-2241.
Lawn & Garden
• BULK 100% Decorative river rock. 785-851-0053.
• OPEN TOP PLASTIC BARREL, $10; half barrel planter/water/feeder, $10; plastic feed barrel w/lid, $20; steel oil barrels, $20; heavy duty burn barrels, $25; steel warehouse racks. Holton, 785-969-9167.
• DUCK EGGS, $2.50/dz. for great baking and eating! 785-969-9167/Holton.
• FARM-FRESH-EGGS: Range-free, brown, $2/dozen. Will deliver to Holton area. Call 364-2006.
• COAST-TO-COAST: Carports (order early before winter!), garages, storage sheds, barns, livestock shelters, motor home carports, commercial buildings. Dealer: George Uhl, Sr. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• 1 CORD OF SEASONED HEDGE. $160, no low balling. (785)966-2306.
• FOR-SALE: Seasoned firewood, 20-cords hedge, 9-cords oak, 10-cords hackberry. 785-933-2171.
• SEASONED ash, oak, hackberry, hedge, locust, mulberry, mixed woods. 785-969-9167.
Want To Rent
• Young farmer in search of pasture to rent. Will maintain fences and good steward of the land. Call 402-540-7733.
• 1-BEDROOM APARTMENT: Furnished, deposit required, no pets. 785-364-4676/785-408-3261.
• 1-OR-2-BEDROOM APARTMENT with stove, refrigerator, new flooring/paint. Outside porch, laundry available on-site. $450/rent, includes heat/water bill. No smoking/pets. 785-341-8198
• MOBILE HOME for rent located in Holton with 3-bedrooms/2-bathrooms, washer and dryer hookups, all kitchen appliances included. If interested please call Dave at 785-410-8442.
• NEW 2-BEDROOM Mobile home in Holton. Never lived in! Appliances, trash paid. $550/deposit, $550/rent, 785-383-6683.
• OFFICE FOR RENT: Call 364-3394.