Week of Aug. 16, 2017
• *ALCOHOL PROBLEM with family member or friend? Holton Al-ANON family group, Wednesdays, 7p.m., Evangel United Methodist Church, East door, go to Library, Rm.104.
• *Hours at the JCMA New Hope Center Food Pantry, located at Fifth Street and Wisconsin Avenue in the Holton First Christian Church basement, are from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursdays. For more information, call 362-7021.
• *NEED A BANKRUPTCY? Payment options available. Paperwork can be done by mail. Free information. Euler Law Offices, LLP, Troy, KS 66087. Call (785)985-3561. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
• A consistent advertising plan with your local newspaper, informing your customers about how you can serve them, builds consumer confidence and trust in your business. Visit with The Holton Recorder advertising experts about how to grow your successful business. Simply call us at 785-364-3141. We are here to help your business reach your goals!
• NOTICE: Don't forget to order your Holton Recorder! Subscriptions start at 42 cents per issue!
• NOTICE: Summer is a good time to sell unwanted items here in The Holton Recorder classified section!
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is a local dealer for Superior Rubber Stamp and Seal Company of Wichita. Contact The Recorder for the following supplies: Pre-inked stamps, self-inking stamps, daters, markers, name tags, awards, wall signs, plaques. 364-3141, 109 W.4th St., email@example.com
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is responsible for errors in ads/legals for one time ONLY! If you see a mistake in your ad/legal, please contact us before the next scheduled run so that we may correct the error. Thank you.
• NOTICE: You will be amazed at the response you get when you place an ad on this page! Prices start at just $3.55!
• *The Heart of Jackson Humane Society shelter is located at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton and is open from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday and at other times by appointment. For more information, call 364-5156.
At Your Service
• AAA MICK TREE SERVICE. Kansas Certified Arborist. Aerial equipped. Stump Removal. Insured. Free estimates. Holton, Kan., 785-383-6670.
• CHRIS WOLTJE CONSTRUCTION: Specializing in replacement windows, vinyl siding, room additions, decks and any other Interior or Exterior work, large or small. Call for Estimate, 785-633-4429.
• EASTSIDE STORAGE, Fourth and Vermont, Holton, (785)364-3404. Storage compartments for rent.
• MASTIFF PAINTING: General Construction, building/home repair/maintenance, power washing. No-Job-Too-Small, 3-Years-Experience. Free Estimates. 785-851-0911.
• TREE TRIMMING & REMOVAL, aerial equipment, stump removal, free estimates, insured. Larrison Tree Service, 785-364-3743. Call anytime.
Lost & Found
• FOUND: Hound, tri-color, female, approximately 1-year-old, at Nebo State Fishing Lake east of Holton. Call Banner Creek Animal Hospital, 364-4560.
• LOST: Black Mosher bull, ear tag #3732, from pasture located at K-Road/174th Road, Mayetta. Call 785-966-2417, leave message.
• FOR-ADOPTION: (1)Brindle mixed breed, female, 2-to-3-years-old; (1)Terrier mix, male, 10-to-12-years-old; (1)Pointer puppy, 5-to-6-months-old; (1)Wire-haired terrier, female, 1-year-old; (1)Black Lab puppy, female, 5-months-old; multiple cats/kittens, male/female, various ages. Call Banner Creek Animal Hospital, 364-4560.
• The Heart of Jackson Humane Society is seeking donations of several items for continued operations, as well as more volunteers to walk dogs at the shelter. For more information, call the shelter at 364-5156 or stop by the shelter at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton.
• AVOID BEING TAKEN! Before investing in classified ads on work-at-home opportunities, "Too Good To Be True" business opportunities, or advance fee loans, The Holton Recorder urges readers to visit the consumer protection website at www.InYourCornerKansas.org or call 1-800-432-2310.
• DAIRY LABORER: We need night shift milker, work from 10pm-? Approximately 3-to-4-hour shift, must be reliable and able to pass drug test. 785-364-7074/785-364-6080.
• FULL-TIME OFFICE ASSISTANT: Apply in person, Advanced Chiropractic Services, 123 Dakota Ave./Holton, Monday/Wednesday/Friday, 8am-4pm.
• McElroy's, Inc. is currently seeking a Service/Project Plumber for work in the Manhattan, Topeka, and Lawrence areas. This position installs, repairs, and maintains all plumbing systems, equipment, fixtures and piping. Knowledge in plumbing systems, code compliance, and excellent communication skills required. Pay commensurate with experience. Applicants are encouraged to apply in person at 3310 SW Topeka Blvd., Topeka, Kansas between 8am-4pm Monday-Friday or call 785-267-9046.
• NEED SOMEONE to mow my yard with my mower as soon as possible. 785-305-0813.
• NEK-CAP, Inc. is looking for quality staff to work in their Head Start centers. The following positions are now available: Assistant Teacher in Holton; Program Support Coordinator in Hiawatha or Horton; Child/Family Advocate in Pottawatomie County. Numerous benefits. Job descriptions/application can be seen on the web at www.nekcap.org.
• UHL-FURNITURE: Handicap; hospital bed, $200; electric mobility chair/scooter, $400; lumbar electric lift chair, $200; recliners, $40; other equipment. Holton, 785-969-9167.
• FOR-SALE: Coleman 5,000-watt generator, runs good, $300, located in Holton. 319-350-3188.
• UHL-APPLIANCES: Air conditioner, $70; dryer, $150; GE electric range, $100; gas ranges; parts. Holton, 785-969-9167.
• We have appliance parts in stock. Call Jayhawk TV & Appliance at 364-2241.
Lawn & Garden
• BULK 100% Decorative river rock. 785-851-0053.
• OPEN TOP PLASTIC BARREL, $10; half barrel planter/water/feeder, $10; steel oil barrels, $20; heavy duty burn barrels, $25; steel warehouse racks. Holton, 785-969-9167.
• Stop by and visit our roadside farmers' market! 4-miles west on Hwy.16. Fresh eggs! "Self-serve" produce as it becomes available. 364-6633
• ESTATE SALE of "man stuff": Tools, chains, shelving, lawn equipment, etc. 102-Karen Dr./Holton. Thursday, Aug.17, 5pm-7pm/Friday, Aug.18, 7am-11am.
• COAST-TO-COAST: Carports, garages, storage sheds, barns, livestock shelters, motor home carports, commercial buildings. Dealer: George Uhl, Sr. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• TWO OLDER FARM BUILDINGS in Pottawatomie County to be moved or salvaged. Price is negotiable. Call 785-844-2725 for more information.
• MIXED CAMPING WOOD and oak, hickory wood for smoking meats, any amount. 785-969-9167
• 1-BEDROOM DOWNSTAIRS APARTMENT in Holton: Available now! Close to swimming pool. 785-364-6325.
• 1-BEDROOM APARTMENT/Holton. Available Sept. 1st. No smokers/pets. $390/rent. (785)935-2390.
• 1-BEDROOM APARTMENT: Furnished, deposit required, no pets. 785-364-4676/785-408-3261
• FOR RENT/SALE: 3-bedroom duplex, 524 Ohio Ave./Holton. No smoking/pets, nice. 785-294-1896.
• FOR-RENT/SALE: 2-bedroom, 1-bathroom house, oversized garage, Circleville, $575/month. 785-268-0118.
• FOR-RENT: Shop/storage building, 3,200-sq.ft., business district, Mayetta. 785-845-4397, text/leave message.
• OFFICE SPACE at 104 W.5th Street: Utilities included in rent. Renovated building, only $295/month. Available now! 785-364-7153
• PRIME OFFICE SPACE for-rent: 102 W.5th St./Holton. Contact 364-3302. Available Aug.1.
• UPSTAIRS APARTMENT: $350/month plus deposit. 785-260-1923
• VERY NICE, very rural, newly remodeled 1999 2-bedroom berm home with attached garage. Appliances included. USD-335. Long driveway shared by owner for access to cattle. Up to three horses allowed. NO PETS/SMOKING IN HOUSE. Outside dog allowed only on approval of owner. On gravel road, 11-miles northeast of Holton. $900/rent plus deposit. 785-851-7227/7319.
• OFFICE FOR RENT: Call 364-3394.
• FOR-SALE: (1)1997 Suzuki Intruder 750, low miles; (1)1995 Honda Shadow 600, low miles, clean w/extras. $1,800 each/$3,000 for pair. Call Greg, 541-218-3880.