Week of 10/18/17
• *ALCOHOL PROBLEM with family member or friend? Holton Al-ANON family group, Wednesdays, 7p.m., Evangel United Methodist Church, East door, go to Library, Rm.104.
• *Hours at the JCMA New Hope Center Food Pantry, located at Fifth Street and Wisconsin Avenue in the Holton First Christian Church basement, are from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursdays. For more information, call 362-7021.
• *NEED A BANKRUPTCY? Payment options available. Paperwork can be done by mail. Free information. Euler Law Offices, LLP, Troy, KS 66087. Call (785)985-3561. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
• A consistent advertising plan with your local newspaper, informing your customers about how you can serve them, builds consumer confidence and trust in your business. Visit with The Holton Recorder advertising experts about how to grow your successful business. Simply call us at 785-364-3141. We are here to help your business reach your goals!
• FISH DAY: Now is the time for stocking! Thursday, Oct.26, 8am-9am. Jackson Farmers Inc. in Holton, KS. Arkansas Pondstockers, Inc. 870-578-9773.
• NOTICE: Don't forget to order your Holton Recorder! Subscriptions start at 42 cents per issue!
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is a local dealer for Superior Rubber Stamp and Seal Company of Wichita. Contact The Recorder for the following supplies: Pre-inked stamps, self-inking stamps, daters, markers, name tags, awards, wall signs, plaques. 364-3141, 109 W.4th St., email@example.com
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is responsible for errors in ads for one time only. If you see a mistake in your ad, please contact us before the next scheduled run so that we may correct the error. Thank you.
• NOTICE: You will be amazed at the response you get when you place an ad on this page! Prices start at just $3.55!
• *The Heart of Jackson Humane Society shelter is located at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton and is open from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday and at other times by appointment. For more information, call 364-5156.
• FOR-SALE: Small square bales of straw. 785-364-7109.
At Your Service
• AAA MICK TREE SERVICE. Kansas Certified Arborist. Aerial equipped. Stump Removal. Insured. Free estimates. Holton, Kan., 785-383-6670.
• CHRIS WOLTJE CONSTRUCTION: Specializing in replacement windows, vinyl siding, room additions, decks and any other Interior or Exterior work, large or small. Call for Estimate, 785-633-4429.
• CORN CRIB CATERING: We cater to large and small parties! 785-868-2460.
• EASTSIDE STORAGE, Fourth and Vermont, Holton, (785)364-3404. Storage compartments for rent.
• MASTIFF PAINTING: General Construction, building/home repair/maintenance, power washing. No-Job-Too-Small, 3-Years-Experience. Free Estimates. 785-851-0911.
• TREE TRIMMING & REMOVAL, aerial equipment, stump removal, free estimates, insured. Larrison Tree Service, 785-364-3743. Call anytime.
Lost & Found
• FOUND: Australian Shepherd, tri-colored, male, 5-to-6-years-old, at Prairie Band Casino. Call Banner Creek Animal Hospital, 364-4560.
• FREE KITTENS. 785-364-2863.
• The Heart of Jackson Humane Society is seeking donations of several items for continued operations, as well as more volunteers to walk dogs at the shelter. For more information, call the shelter at 364-5156 or stop by the shelter at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton.
• AVOID BEING TAKEN! Before investing in classified ads on work-at-home opportunities, "Too Good To Be True" business opportunities, or advance fee loans, The Holton Recorder urges readers to visit the consumer protection website at www.InYourCornerKansas.org or call 1-800-432-2310.
• NEK-CAP, Inc. is looking for quality staff to work in their Head Start centers. The following positions are now available: Program Aide in Holton. Numerous benefits. Job descriptions/application can be seen on the web at www.nekcap.org.
• RN's up to $45/hour! LPN's up to $37.50/hour! Free gas, weekly pay! $2,000 Bonus! AACO Nursing Agency, 877-352-7182 X1.
• We are looking for an Administrative Clerk, and a Transportation Coordinator to work in our Hiawatha office. Starting salary is adjustable by education and experience. Please go to www.nekcap.org for job description and application. Please submit application and proof of education to firstname.lastname@example.org. NEK-CAP, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
• Work in a job that changes the lives of little children. We have an opening for a Child and Family Advocate 0-5 to work in Jackson County. Starting salary is $17.00/hour, and must have a BA in Social Work or Early Childhood Education. Please go to www.nekcap.org for job description and application. NEK-CAP, Inc. is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
• Work in a job that changes the lives of little children. We have an opening for a Nutrition Provider in North Pottawatomie County Head Start Center. Starting salary is $10.55/hour. Please go to www.nekcap.org for job description and application. NEK-CAP, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
• UHL-FURNITURE: Royalty beauty chair, $50; nice queen bed, $300; nice full bed, $200; bunk beds, $200-$250; twin bed, $150; dressers, $60; handicap; hospital bed, $200; electric mobility chair/scooter, $350; lumbar electric lift chair, $200; recliners, $40; other equipment. Holton, 785-969-9167.
• UHL-APPLIANCES: GE refrigerator, 14-cu.ft., $150; Maytag washer, $200; Kenmore dryer, $150; GE electric range, $100; Maytag stackable washer/dryer, $300; gas ranges; parts. Holton, 785-969-9167.
• We have appliance parts in stock. Call Jayhawk TV & Appliance at 364-2241.
Lawn & Garden
• BULK 100% Decorative river rock. 785-851-0053.
• OPEN TOP PLASTIC BARREL, $10; half barrel planter/water/feeder, $10; plastic feed barrel w/lid, $20; steel oil barrels, $20; heavy duty burn barrels, $25; steel warehouse racks. Holton, 785-969-9167.
• FREE-RANGE EGGS: $2/dozen, deliver to Mayetta/Holton. 785-504-5063.
• $2-BUCKET SALE: 24042 V-Road, Holton. Saturday, Oct.21, 9am-3pm. Buckets with assorted tools, hardware, knick knacks, kitchen utensils, etc. Larger tagged items: Dresser, kitchen table, curio cabinet, more. Moving sale.
• 2-PARTY GARAGE SALE: 201 Dakota Ave./Holton. Saturday, Oct.21, all-day. Miscellaneous clothes, roto-tiller, small dog kennel.
• 725 IDAHO AVE./HOLTON: Thursday, Oct.19, 9am-5pm/Friday, Oct.20, 8am-12pm.
• FINAL SALE BEFORE MOVING: 102 Karen Dr./Holton. Oct.19-20, 5pm-7pm. Hand tools, mini fridge, trash cans, storage units, collectibles, miscellaneous.
• FOR-SALE: Ferguson 35-tractor w/blade, lift, homemade plow. 12V system added. Great shape, runs good. $4,500. 785-230-7416.
• COAST-TO-COAST: Carports (order early before winter!), garages, storage sheds, barns, livestock shelters, motor home carports, commercial buildings. Dealer: George Uhl, Sr. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• FOR-SALE: Diamond ring purchased at Briman's, $1,000 (1/2 off purchase price). For details, call 785-230-7416.
• FOR-SALE: (4)Tires, radial XSE p235/55R17; (1)unvented room heater. 785-364-4411.
• SEASONED ash, oak, hackberry, hedge, locust, mulberry, mixed woods, 2-barrel wood stove $100. 785-969-9167.
Want To Rent
• Young farmer in search of pasture to rent. Will maintain fences and good steward of the land. Call 402-540-7733.
• 1-BEDROOM DOWNSTAIRS APARTMENT in Holton: Available now! Close to swimming pool. 785-364-6325.
• 1-BEDROOM HOUSE: Available Nov.1. 785-364-6271.
• 1-BEDROOM APARTMENT: Furnished, deposit required, no pets. 785-364-4676/785-408-3261.
• 2-BEDROOM APARTMENT: Open floor plan, 1-bathroom, very nice, 1-block from swimming pool, $725/month. 785-221-6036.
• 2-BEDROOM APARTMENT with stove, refrigerator, new flooring/paint. Outside porch, laundry available on-site. $450/rent, includes heat/water bill. No smoking/pets. 785-341-8198
• 3-BEDROOM TRAILER on J-Road. Deposit required. 785-250-6226.
• PRIME OFFICE SPACE for-rent: 102 W.5th St./Holton. Contact 364-3302. Available now!
• FOR-SALE-BY-OWNER: 717 Idaho Ave./Holton. 3-bedrooms, 2-bathrooms, full finished basement, double-car garage, deck, garden shed. 785-986-6154.
• OFFICE FOR RENT: Call 364-3394.