Week of 1/8/20
• *ALCOHOL PROBLEM with family member or friend? Holton Al-ANON family group, Wednesdays, 7pm, Evangel United Methodist Church, past the church library and to the left.
• *Hours at the JCMA New Hope Center Food Pantry, located at Fifth Street and Wisconsin Avenue in the Holton First Christian Church basement, are from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursdays. For more information, call 362-7021.
• *NEED A BANKRUPTCY? Payment options available. Paperwork can be done by mail. Free information. Euler Law Offices, LLP, Troy, KS 66087. Call (785)985-3561. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
• A consistent advertising plan with your local newspaper, informing your customers about how you can serve them, builds consumer confidence and trust in your business. Visit with The Holton Recorder advertising experts about how to grow your successful business. Simply call us at 785-364-3141. We are here to help your business reach your goals!
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is a local dealer for Superior Rubber Stamp and Seal Company of Wichita. Contact The Recorder for the following supplies: Pre-inked stamps, self-inking stamps, daters, markers, name tags, awards, wall signs, plaques. 364-3141, 109 W.4th St., email@example.com
• OPEN AA GROUP Meeting. 7p.m. Thursday evenings at EUM Church room 105, Holton.
• *The Heart of Jackson Humane Society shelter is located at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton and is open from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday and at other times by appointment. For more information, call 364-5156.
• HAY FOR SALE: 140+ Brome, 1,500# rounds, Net-wrapped w/JD567. (785)364-3050 near Holton.
• FOR SALE: 3/4 B-FLAT TUBA. Please call 364-6464.
• WANT TO BUY: Old, flat-top guitars, any condition. Please call 364-3800 evenings.
At Your Service
• AAA MICK TREE SERVICE. Kansas Certified Arborist. Aerial equipped. Stump Removal. Insured. Free estimates. Holton, Kan., 785-383-6670.
• EASTSIDE STORAGE, Fourth and Vermont, Holton, (785)364-3404. Storage compartments for rent.
• TREE CLEARING/PASTURE Clearing. $55/60-hour. (785)364-6782.
Lost & Found
• FOUND: Shepherd mix, female, approx. 3-5 years old, at 100 block Karen Dr./Holton. Call Banner Creek Animal Hospital, 364-4560.
• FOR-ADOPTION: German Shepherd mix, neutered male, approx. 2-years-old. Call Banner Creek Animal Hospital, 364-4560.
• The Heart of Jackson Humane Society is seeking donations of several items for continued operations, as well as more volunteers to walk dogs at the shelter. For more information, call the shelter at 364-5156 or stop by the shelter at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton.
• NORTHEAST KANSAS Area Agency on Aging is accepting applications for full time and part time backup drivers that are stationed in Holton. Must be able to pass NCIC criminal background check, KDOT physical and drug screening, lift and carry up to 50lbs. Valid driver's license required, CDL not required. Applications available at NEKAAA, 1803 Oregon St., Hiawatha, KS or call 785-742-7152. We can email applications or mail them to you.
• NOW HIRING AT Holton 66. Apply in person. Part time position, 917 4th St./Holton.
• APPLIANCES; New Large Kerosene Heater, $100; Whirlpool Dryer, new timer, $200; Nice jazzy Mobility Chair, new batteries, good tires, nice upholstery, $500; electric In-Vac-Care Hospital Bed with mattress, $500; other handicap equipment. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• We have appliance parts in stock. Call Jayhawk TV & Appliance at 364-2241.
Lawn & Garden
• BULK 100% Decorative river rock. 785-851-0053.
• COUNTRY FRESH brown eggs, $2/dozen. Will deliver in Holton. 364-2006.
• SEASONED FIREWOOD: Need lots of good firewood. For sale: Barrels. (785)969-9167/Holton.
• FOR RENT IN Denison: 1-Bedroom, 1-Bath, C/air-heat, appliances include washer/dryer; on two lots; 2 outbuildings. $425/Month + deposit. No smoking, no pets. (785)935-2221.
• QUIET, CUTE, 1-Bedroom apartment w/utilities, gas, water paid, carpet/tile floors, stove, refrigerator, balcony, carport/laundry available. No smoking or pets. $495/month. (785)341-8198.
• 40 ACRES pasture, fenced, Soldier, KS for sale. Water line available, electricity across road, great location for building house, 13 miles West of Holton, 1/2-mile North on D Road. Claude Savage, 714-349-2525.
• HOME FOR SALE BY OWNER in Onaga, KS: Move-in ready. Great location near schools. 710 High Street. Open concept. 3-bedroom, 2-bath home. Detached car port & 12x20 storage shed. Well maintained, very clean. Interested parties please call (785)256-1230.