Week of 5/16/18
• *ALCOHOL PROBLEM with family member or friend? Holton Al-ANON family group, Wednesdays, 7p.m., Evangel United Methodist Church, East door, go to Library, Rm.104.
• *Hours at the JCMA New Hope Center Food Pantry, located at Fifth Street and Wisconsin Avenue in the Holton First Christian Church basement, are from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursdays. For more information, call 362-7021.
• *NEED A BANKRUPTCY? Payment options available. Paperwork can be done by mail. Free information. Euler Law Offices, LLP, Troy, KS 66087. Call (785)985-3561. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
• A consistent advertising plan with your local newspaper, informing your customers about how you can serve them, builds consumer confidence and trust in your business. Visit with • The Holton Recorder advertising experts about how to grow your successful business. Simply call us at 785-364-3141. We are here to help your business reach your goals!
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is a local dealer for Superior Rubber Stamp and Seal Company of Wichita. Contact The Recorder for the following supplies: Pre-inked stamps, self-inking stamps, daters, markers, name tags, awards, wall signs, plaques. 364-3141, 109 W.4th St., firstname.lastname@example.org
• *The Heart of Jackson Humane Society shelter is located at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton and is open from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday and at other times by appointment. For more information, call 364-5156.
At Your Service
• AAA MICK TREE SERVICE. Kansas Certified Arborist. Aerial equipped. Stump Removal. Insured. Free estimates. Holton, Kan., 785-383-6670.
• CHAMPION LAWN now serving Holton area for your lawn weed/fertilizing needs. 785-364-2233.
• CHRIS WOLTJE CONSTRUCTION: Specializing in replacement windows, vinyl siding, room additions, decks and any other Interior or Exterior work, large or small. Call for Estimate, 785-633-4429.
• EASTSIDE STORAGE, Fourth and Vermont, Holton, (785)364-3404. Storage compartments for rent.
• LAURA'S HOUSEKEEPING: 15-years professional experience. Reasonable rates. Will clean once/week or as often as you need. Honest, reliable, thorough. Located in Holton but willing to travel. Call 406-839-8396.
• MASTIFF PAINTING: General Construction, building/home repair/maintenance, power washing. No-Job-Too-Small, 30-Years-Experience. Free Estimates. 785-851-0911.
• TREE TRIMMING & Removal, aerial equipment, stump removal, free estimates, insured. KCAT Tree Service, 785-305-0295.
Local Youth At Your Service
• LIERZ LAWN CARE MOWING and trimming available. Looking to add a few more yards to help with college. Satisfaction guaranteed, (785)207-0457.
Lost & Found
• FOUND: Chihuahua, male, 6-to-7-years-old, 7-miles north of Jackson Heights on Q4 Road. Call Banner Creek Animal Hospital, 364-4560.
• FOUND: Hound mix, female, 9-to-10-months-old, chocolate w/white on chest. Found 13,000 block 270th Road. Call Banner Creek Animal Hospital, 364-4560.
• 3 100-GALLON RUBBERMAID Livestock Water Tanks, $30 each. (785)608-5167.
• ANGUS BULLS for sale. Ron Kuglin (785)364-7458.
• The Heart of Jackson Humane Society is seeking donations of several items for continued operations, as well as more volunteers to walk dogs at the shelter. For more information, call the shelter at 364-5156 or stop by the shelter at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton.
• AVOID BEING TAKEN! Before investing in classified ads on work-at-home opportunities, "Too Good To Be True" business opportunities, or advance fee loans, The Holton Recorder urges readers to visit the consumer protection website at www.InYourCornerKansas.org or call 1-800-432-2310.
• HOLTON DAIRY QUEEN is now hiring cooks, cashiers and drive-thru, all shifts. Competitive wages, paid vacation, 401K. Apply in person at 915 W. 4th St./Holton or on our Facebook page.
• HOUSEKEEPER/FRONT DESK help needed at Super-8 Motel, Holton. Apply in person, 300 S.Arizona Ave.
• FOR SALE: END TABLES, $10; desk, $30; double-dresser, $30; 2-chairs, $15; lamp, $5; foot stool, $5; pot stool, $20; side table, $20; microwave, $5. (785)969-4023.
• SOLID OAK TABLE with three leaves, $400. (785)608-5167.
• We have appliance parts in stock. Call Jayhawk TV & Appliance at 364-2241.
Lawn & Garden
• BULK 100% Decorative river rock. 785-851-0053.
• 13683 246TH RD (Prairie Lake Road): Friday, May-18, 8am-2pm. Boys clothing 3-12 months, girls clothing 4-6, lots of baby items, armoire, table/4 chairs, wood high chair.
• GARAGE SALE: Friday, May 18/Saturday, May 19, 7:30a.m.-4p.m. at 24295 X Road/Holton (Bain House). Kerosene oil lamps; clothes, women's and plus sizes, men's; tennis shoes; cleats; boots; small printer; wooden bench; exercise bike; microwave and stand; small fish tank; signature frame. Lots of stuff!
• GARAGE SALE: 742 W.6TH ST./Holton. Clothes, tools, furniture. Friday/Saturday starting at 8a.m.
• GARAGE SALE: Saturday/May 19th, 8a.m.-12p.m. Kitchen, catering, toys, furniture, and lots of miscellaneous items. 125 E 4th St./Holton (Holton House) in the back.
• COAST-TO-COAST: Carports (order before price increase!), garages, storage sheds, barns, livestock shelters, motor home carports, commercial buildings. Dealer: George Uhl, Sr. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• FOR SALE: GAS GRILL, good condition, $85. Also closed-top Burn Barrels, (785)364-6271.
• HEDGE POSTS: Various sizes. (785)217-5522 or (785)966-2265.
• MIXED CAMPING WOOD: Smoking, oak, hickory, barrels, warehouse racks. 785-969-9167.
Want To Rent
• WANT-TO-RENT: PASTURE & Hay Ground, (785)889-4857 or (785)456-5443.
• 1-BEDROOM APARTMENT: Furnished, deposit required, no pets. 785-364-4676/785-408-3261.
• 2-BEDROOM HOUSE in Holton. Stove/refrigerator furnished. All appliances including washer/dryer. Carport. (785)872-3486.
• 2-BEDROOM HOUSE for rent/Holton: 1-Bath, CA/CH, garage, basement, lots of storage. $650/month, $650/deposit. (785)945-6629 or (785)256-5429.
• FOR RENT: Furnished, 2-bedroom rural home near Hoyt for your visiting guests. Rent by night, weekend, or week. (785)286-1198 for more information.
• FOR RENT: 2-BEDROOM, 1-bath, in Mayetta, attached 2-car garage, no pets/no smoking. (785)305-0705.
• FOR SALE: 110 NEW YORK/Holton. 2-bedroom, 1-bathroom, detached garage. Quiet neighborhood. New roof. $67,000. (785)215-2829.
• BEAUTIFUL black 2011 Mercedes Class-C all-wheel drive for sale. Lovingly cared for in great condition. 785-305-0549, please leave message.
• FOR SALE: 2014 EDGE: Approximately 57,000 miles. Sealed bids accepted until May 21, 2018. Contact Jeremiah Huyett with questions. Denison State Bank, 364-3131.
• NICE 2000 4-DOOR MERCURY Sable, 90K miles, clean, everything works good, $1,750, (785)845-5444.
• 1990 TOYOTA PICKUP, 4WD, runs good, $2,300/OBO. (785)966-2306 or (785)851-1792.