Week of 10/9/19
• *ALCOHOL PROBLEM with family member or friend? Holton Al-ANON family group, Wednesdays, 7p.m., Evangel United Methodist Church, East door, go to Library, Rm.104.
• *Hours at the JCMA New Hope Center Food Pantry, located at Fifth Street and Wisconsin Avenue in the Holton First Christian Church basement, are from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursdays. For more information, call 362-7021.
• *NEED A BANKRUPTCY? Payment options available. Paperwork can be done by mail. Free information. Euler Law Offices, LLP, Troy, KS 66087. Call (785)985-3561. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
• A consistent advertising plan with your local newspaper, informing your customers about how you can serve them, builds consumer confidence and trust in your business. Visit with The Holton Recorder advertising experts about how to grow your successful business. Simply call us at 785-364-3141. We are here to help your business reach your goals!
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is a local dealer for Superior Rubber Stamp and Seal Company of Wichita. Contact The Recorder for the following supplies: Pre-inked stamps, self-inking stamps, daters, markers, name tags, awards, wall signs, plaques. 364-3141, 109 W.4th St., firstname.lastname@example.org
• *The Heart of Jackson Humane Society shelter is located at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton and is open from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday and at other times by appointment. For more information, call 364-5156.
• SMALL SQUARE BALES of Wheat Straw for sale, (785)364-7109.
• WANT TO BUY: Old, flat-top guitars, any condition. Please call 364-3800 evenings.
At Your Service
• AAA MICK TREE SERVICE. Kansas Certified Arborist. Aerial equipped. Stump Removal. Insured. Free estimates. Holton, Kan., 785-383-6670.
• CHRIS WOLTJE CONSTRUCTION: Specializing in replacement windows, vinyl siding, room additions, decks and any other Interior or Exterior work, large or small. Call for Estimate, 785-633-4429.
• EASTSIDE STORAGE, Fourth and Vermont, Holton, (785)364-3404. Storage compartments for rent.
• MASTIFF PAINTING: General Construction, building/home repair/maintenance, power washing. No-Job-Too-Small, 30-Years-Experience. Free Estimates. 785-851-0911.
Lost & Found
• FOUND: Terrier-mix, black & white, female, on 500 Block of W. 3rd., Holton. Contact Banner Creek Animal Hospital, 364-4560.
• MISSING DOG: Female Pug, 14 years old, tan, missing from 6th & 7th Streets on Dakota Ave., Holton. If found please call, 364-5674 or 815-975-7034.
• FOR ADOPTION: Boxer-mix, white and tan, female, 6-8yrs.; Blue Tick Hound-mix, male, 1-yr.; Shepherd-mix, tan and white, male, 2-4yrs.; 3 Terrier-mix, 2 female, 1 male, 1-2yrs.; Border Collie, male, 4-5yrs. ALL READY FOR ADOPTION! Please contact Banner Creek Animal Hospital, 364-4560.
• The Heart of Jackson Humane Society is seeking donations of several items for continued operations, as well as more volunteers to walk dogs at the shelter. For more information, call the shelter at 364-5156 or stop by the shelter at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton.
• AVOID BEING TAKEN! Before investing in classified ads on work-at-home opportunities, "Too Good To Be True" business opportunities, or advance fee loans, The Holton Recorder urges readers to visit the consumer protection website at www.InYourCornerKansas.org or call 1-800-432-2310.
• LOVVORN BROTHERS BODY Shop is hiring for a full time Mechanic. Guaranteed 40 hours a week. Competitive wages. Call (785)221-6036.
• We have appliance parts in stock. Call Jayhawk TV & Appliance at 364-2241.
Lawn & Garden
• BULK 100% Decorative river rock. 785-851-0053.
• FRESH EGGS, $2 dozen, Mayetta area, (785)504-5063.
• "DOWNSIZING" GARAGE Sale: 25354 Q4 Rd/Holton, Friday & Saturday, Oct. 11 & 12, 9a.m.-5p.m.. Marlin & Betsy Zibell.
• 614 PENNSYLVANIA AVE./HOLTON: Saturday, Oct.12, 7am-? Lane Bryant, Maurice clothes; black work slacks; homemade crafts; furniture; miscellaneous household items.
• GARAGE SALE: 128 ROSELAWN Dr., Holton: Thursday 10/10/19 5p.m.-7p.m., Friday 10/11/19 7:30a.m.-5p.m. & Saturday 10/12/19 7a.m.-9:30a.m. Teen girl's and boy's, ladies and men's clothes/shoes; housewares; bedding; decorations; miscellaneous garage sale stuff!
• GARAGE SALE: Saturday, Oct. 12, 7a.m.-1p.m., 22955 S Rd., Holton, (1 mile East on 116 Hwy. - brown house on corner). Lots of clothes, adult sizes Large-3XL for $1; coats, jackets, girls sizes 10/12 to 14/16; kitchenware; dishes; pans; bread machine; crock pots; pans; Tupperware; purses/wallets; baby bed; bibs; blocks; blankets; queen sheets; shoes; books; coloring books; toys; holiday decor; pictures; puzzles; Fur Real Friends; flash cards; vases; jewelry; Shopkins, lots of miscellaneous. Lots of new items and jewelry are added to this sale.
• GARAGE SALE: 523 Park Row St., Netawaka, Oct. 11 & 12, 9a.m.-4p.m. Baldwin Organ; collectables; household items; antiques; women clothing sizes 14-20; books and much more.
• TREASURES, TOOLS and trinkets, acquired over the past 45 years for sale Oct. 18 and 19, 8a.m.-4p.m., Moving sale in the driveway, 517 New York Ave., Holton.
• FOR-SALE: John Deere 524 Bulldozer, 8-foot blade, new hoses, $800; John Deere 722 mulch finisher, 19-feet, 12-inch shovels, anhydrous hitch w/brackets, $2,000; John Deere 145 4-16 semi mounted plow w/cylinder, $200. Northwest of Denison, KS. 785-727-0028.
• HOLTON CEMETERY PLOTS FOR SALE: 4 spaces, all east half of Lot No.96, Section D, and 1/2 of E, Lot 10. $600-per-plot. Contact Rev. Robert Henre, 402-803-9216.
• SEASONED FIREWOOD: Oak, Hackberry, Ash, Locust, Walnut. Barrels. (785)969-9167, Holton.
• APARTMENT For Rent: 1-Bedroom, 1-Bath, all appliances furnished. Private deck. No pets or smokers. Utilities not included. Please call, (913)704-9963.
• RENTAL: 1-BEDROOM Loft Apartment/Holton. No pets. No smokers. Call for an appointment, 364-2824.
• HOUSE-FOR-SALE IN HOYT by owner. 2-Bedroom, 1-bath, Fixer Upper! 112 W. 1st St./Hoyt, $20,000. (785)408-3621.