Week of 3/14/18
• *ALCOHOL PROBLEM with family member or friend? Holton Al-ANON family group, Wednesdays, 7p.m., Evangel United Methodist Church, East door, go to Library, Rm.104.
• *Hours at the JCMA New Hope Center Food Pantry, located at Fifth Street and Wisconsin Avenue in the Holton First Christian Church basement, are from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursdays. For more information, call 362-7021.
• *NEED A BANKRUPTCY? Payment options available. Paperwork can be done by mail. Free information. Euler Law Offices, LLP, Troy, KS 66087. Call (785)985-3561. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
• A consistent advertising plan with your local newspaper, informing your customers about how you can serve them, builds consumer confidence and trust in your business. Visit with The Holton Recorder advertising experts about how to grow your successful business. Simply call us at 785-364-3141. We are here to help your business reach your goals!
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is a local dealer for Superior Rubber Stamp and Seal Company of Wichita. Contact The Recorder for the following supplies: Pre-inked stamps, self-inking stamps, daters, markers, name tags, awards, wall signs, plaques. 364-3141, 109 W.4th St., email@example.com
• NOTICE: You will be amazed at the response you get when you place an ad on this page! Price starts at just $3.55 for the first run, $2 each following run!
• *The Heart of Jackson Humane Society shelter is located at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton and is open from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday and at other times by appointment. For more information, call 364-5156.
At Your Service
• AAA MICK TREE SERVICE. Kansas Certified Arborist. Aerial equipped. Stump Removal. Insured. Free estimates. Holton, Kan., 785-383-6670.
• ALTERATIONS: Prom, wedding or any kind of sewing or mending. Call Cindy Meyer, 966-2492.
• EASTSIDE STORAGE, Fourth and Vermont, Holton, (785)364-3404. Storage compartments for rent.
• MASTIFF PAINTING: General Construction, building/home repair/maintenance, power washing. No-Job-Too-Small, 30-Years-Experience. Free Estimates. 785-851-0911.
• The Heart of Jackson Humane Society is seeking donations of several items for continued operations, as well as more volunteers to walk dogs at the shelter. For more information, call the shelter at 364-5156 or stop by the shelter at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton.
• AVOID BEING TAKEN! Before investing in classified ads on work-at-home opportunities, "Too Good To Be True" business opportunities, or advance fee loans, The Holton Recorder urges readers to visit the consumer protection website at www.InYourCornerKansas.org or call 1-800-432-2310.
• DRIVERS NEEDED NOW! No CDL, no credit? No problem! Start a new career with Swift's Job Placement! Call now! 855-816-4207.
• PERMANENT FULL-TIME OFFICE ASSISTANT: Apply in person, Advanced Chiropractic Services, 123 Dakota Ave./Holton, Monday/Wednesday/Friday, 8am-4pm.
• HELP-WANTED: Full-Time, weekends included. Must be able to lift 80-pounds, stock shelves, customer service. Includes benefits. Hours 9am-6pm. Pick up application at Holton Farm-&-Home, 925 W 6th/Hwy.75, Holton.
• HOLTON DAIRY QUEEN is now hiring cooks, cashiers and drive-thru, all shifts. Competitive wages, paid vacation, 401K. Apply in person at 915 W. 4th St./Holton or on our Facebook page.
• HOUSEKEEPER NEEDED at Super-8 Motel, Holton. Apply in person, 300 S.Arizona Ave.
• MECHANIC/DIESEL Technicians II opening in Topeka: Excellent weekly pay, full comprehensive benefits, matching 401k and more! Many opportunities for advancement! 2-4 years experience call Penske Truck Leasing: 855-346-8801.
• We are looking for a Mental Health/Disabilities Manager located in Hiawatha. Starting salary is $16.04, adjustable by education and experience. Please go to www.nekcap.org for job description and application. Please submit application and proof of education to firstname.lastname@example.org. NEK-CAP, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
• We have an opening for an Assistant Teacher and a Program Aide in Jackson County Head Start. Starting salary is $9.16 adjustable by education and experience. Please go to www.nekcap.org for job description and application. Please submit application and proof of education to email@example.com. NEK-CAP, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
• We have an opening for a Center Manager in Jackson County Head Start Center. Entry level salary is $13.35 adjustable by education and experience. Please go to www.nekcap.org for job description and application. Please submit application and proof of education to firstname.lastname@example.org. NEK-CAP, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
• We have appliance parts in stock. Call Jayhawk TV & Appliance at 364-2241.
Lawn & Garden
• BULK 100% Decorative river rock. 785-851-0053.
• OPEN TOP PLASTIC BARREL, $10; plastic feed barrel w/lid, $20; steel oil barrels, $20; heavy duty burn barrels, $25; 40-lb. bags coal, $15; duck eggs, $2/dz. Holton, 785-969-9167.
• UHL-APPLIANCES, FURNITURE: Refrigerators, kitchen stoves, washers, dryers, dishwasher, doors, windows, sinks, handicap chairs, scooters, hospital beds, electric lift chairs, recliners, barrels. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• COAST-TO-COAST: Carports (order early before spring!), garages, storage sheds, barns, livestock shelters, motor home carports, commercial buildings. Dealer: George Uhl, Sr. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• TO GIVE AWAY: The Holton Recorder has some wooden pallets to give away. Stop by the office at 109 W.4th St. or call the office at 364-3141.
Want To Rent
• Young farmer in search of pasture to rent. Will maintain fences and good steward of the land. Call 402-540-7733.
• 1-BEDROOM APARTMENT: Furnished, deposit required, no pets. 785-364-4676/785-408-3261.
• 1-OR-2-BEDROOM APARTMENT with stove, refrigerator, new flooring/paint. Outside porch, laundry available on-site. $450/rent, includes heat/water bill. No smoking/pets. 785-341-8198
• COUNTRY LIVING at its finest! 1,200 square feet of living space w/resort setting. All new appliances with washer/dryer. All utilities paid. Potential of working off part of rent. Call Bill Barrow @ 935-2390.
• COMMERCIAL/RETAIL SPACE for-lease at 123-Dakota Ave., Holton. Excellent location off Hwy.75. Up to 2,650 sq.ft. Can be leased by one business or separated into smaller spaces for multiple businesses. Excellent opportunity for expanding business or start-up operation. Great traffic flow from Hwy.75. For additional details, contact Carole at 785-851-0104.
• 2007 HONDA FOURTRAX Foreman 4X4 ES 4-Wheeler, 1,449 miles/216 hours, $4,000, 785-364-6381.