Week of 9/15/21
• *Hours at the JCMA New Hope Center Food Pantry, located at Fifth Street and Wisconsin Avenue in the Holton First Christian Church basement, are from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Thursdays. For more information, call 362-7021.
• *NEED A BANKRUPTCY? Payment options available. Paperwork can be done by mail. Free information. Euler Law Offices, LLP, Troy, KS 66087. Call (785)985-3561. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
• A CONSISTENT advertising plan with your local newspaper, informing your customers about how you can serve them, builds consumer confidence and trust in your business. Visit with The Holton Recorder advertising experts about how to grow your successful business. Simply call us at 785-364-3141.
• ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS Meeting, 7p.m. Thursdays at EUM Church Library, 3rd & Pennsylvania, Holton.
• NEED A RUBBER STAMP? The Holton Recorder is a local dealer for Superior Rubber Stamp and Seal Company of Wichita. Contact The Recorder for the following supplies: Pre-inked stamps, self-inking stamps, daters, markers, name tags, awards, wall signs, plaques. 364-3141, 109 W.4th St., email@example.com
• *The Heart of Jackson Humane Society shelter is located at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton and is open from 10a.m. to 5p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays. We are closed Sundays and Mondays. For more information, call 364-5156.
• FOR SALE: SMALL Square Bales of Straw, 785-364-7109.
At Your Service
• AAA MICK TREE SERVICE. Kansas Certified Arborist. Aerial equipped. Stump Removal. Insured. Free estimates. Holton, Kan., 785-383-6670.
• CHRIS WOLTJE CONSTRUCTION: Specializing in replacement windows, vinyl siding, room additions, decks and any other Interior or Exterior work, large or small. Call for Estimate, 785-633-4429.
• HOLTON AUTO PARTS, Inc. (NAPA) is open 7 days a week - 8a.m.-6p.m. Monday-Friday, 8a.m.-2p.m. Saturday and 10a.m.-2p.m. Sunday. 364-3136.
• ODD JOBS WANTED! Call Mr. Jones, 913-904-6983. Parting out, '91 Chevy Astro, '87 Grand Marquis, '09 Lincoln Towncar.
• WORKIN MANS FRIEND: Lawn care and Handyman work. Mowing, weed eating, trimming, sheetrocking, paint, too many things to list. Just call for estimate and see if we can help! 816-689-8210 or 785-364-5958.
Local Youth At Your Service
• LAWN CARE: Mowing & edging; gutter cleaning; spraying; yard cleanup. Contact for more information, Caleb & Landon Hernandez, 364-7797.
• JACK RUSSELL PUPPY, male, 8-weeks-old, purebred, weaned & ready to go, $350. All shots and dewclaws removed, tail docked. Bob Hundley-Netawaka 785-933-3440, cell-785-851-8414.
• BOURBON RED Turkeys, $15 each, 785-851-8689.
• The Heart of Jackson Humane Society is seeking donations of several items for continued operations, as well as more volunteers to walk dogs at the shelter. For more information, call the shelter at 364-5156 or stop by the shelter at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton.
• IF YOU BELIEVE you have been the victim of identity theft, robocall scam or an ad scam, you can file a report online with the Consumer Protection Division at www.InYourCornerKansas.org or call 1-800-432-2310. Any questionable ads in The Holton Recorder please call, 364-3141.
• FARM & FENCE General Laborer needed. Full-time, $12-$15/hour. Contact Dean, Bosse Fencing, 785-313-1715.
• GAMING Commissioner - Sac & Fox Nation - Fulltime position. The Sac and Fox Nation has an immediate opening for a fulltime Gaming Commissioner. Working four days (8-4:30) 32 hours a week with attractive benefits package offered. Pay range is $18.00 per hour. Officed at 1324 US Hwy. 75 in Powhattan, KS, 66527. The purpose of this position is to assure that the Tribal Gaming Operation is in compliance with the Tribal Gaming Ordinance, Gaming Commission Regulations, as well as applicable Federal and State regulations. Shall have the primary responsibility for enforcing Tribal Law with respect to each tribal gaming activity or operations conducted on the Reservation pursuant to the Gaming Compact, including regulation of any management contractors, manufacturer/distributors and all gaming employees. The Tribal Gaming Commission shall also receive consumer complaints within the gaming facility and shall assist in seeking voluntary resolution of such complaints. Indian Preference does apply. This position requires a high school diploma or GED certificate. The appointed Gaming Commissioner must be able to qualify for a Category 1 gaming license. Preferred qualifications include 3 years previous Indian gaming experience. Application form and more complete job description can be picked up at the Sac and Fox Tribal Administrative Office, 305 North Main Street, Reserve, KS or requested via phone at (785)742-7471 Ext 2500 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit the application form, cover letter, and resume, outlining your skills, background, and interest in the position to email@example.com or submit a paper copy of the application form, cover letter, and resume, to Julie Simmons, 305 N Main, Reserve, KS 68434 or fax to (785)742-3785 no later than 2p.m. Thursday 10/07/2021.
• NOW HIRING: Apply at Holton 66. Full-time and part-time positions. 917 4th St., Holton.
• FOR SALE: BLACK IRON full Queen-size wrap-around Bed, $300/OBO. 785-364-2350, 612 Vermont/Holton.
• FREE: 2 leather recliners. Call 785-217-7554, leave a message.
• We have appliance parts in stock. Call Jayhawk TV & Appliance at 364-2241.
Lawn & Garden
• BULK 100% Decorative river rock. 785-851-0053.
• FOR SALE: FLATBED Trailer, good condition, $2,000/OBO. Mary, 785-851-7836, 11620 O4 Rd., Mayetta, KS. 66509.
• COAST-TO-COAST: Order Now For Fall! Carports, garages, storage sheds, barns, livestock shelters, motor home carports, commercial buildings. Dealer: George Uhl, Sr. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• ANTIQUE SHOW-Saturday/Sept. 18th, 9a.m.-3p.m., Douglas County Fairgrounds, Lawrence, KS. Bottles, Jars, Inflaters. Free admission. Antiques & Bottles, Jars, Appraisals. Darryl Wagner, 816-719-0801.
• LIGHT PROPANE Cook Stove, $100; Maytag Washer, $200; In-Vac-Care Hospital Bed, $400; Burn Barrels, Plastic Storage/Feed Barrels; Camping Firewood; Butcher Goats; Doors, windows, sinks; Plumbing; PVC; Electrical & Chain-link Fence Parts. (785)969-9167, Holton.
• WORD CLASSIFIED ADS in The Holton Recorder are placed FREE online at www.holtonrecorder.net!
• FOR SALE: 2008 F350 Ford Pickup, blue, 6.4 diesel motor, 58K, Hydra Bed, 785-294-0044.