Week of 9/27/23
At Your Service
• AAA MICK TREE SERVICE. Kansas Certified Arborist. Aerial equipped. Stump Removal. Insured. Free estimates. Holton, Kan., 785-383-6670.
• HOLTON AUTO PARTS, Inc. (NAPA) is open 7 days a week - 8a.m.-6p.m. Monday-Friday, 8a.m.-2p.m. Saturday and 10a.m.-2p.m. Sunday. 364-3136.
• I HAVE OPENINGS for house cleaning for Senior Citizens. Jeanenne Carson, 1-785-410-3795.
• OUR AWARD-WINNING journalism is focused on serving our community. Focus on your business...Advertise local in The Holton Recorder, 785-364-3141.
• *ALCOHOL PROBLEM with family member or friend? Holton Al-ANON family group, Wednesdays, 7pm, Evangel church, across from church library.
• *Hours at the JCMA New Hope Center Food Pantry, located at Fifth Street and Wisconsin Avenue in the Holton First Christian Church basement, are from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Thursdays. For more information, call 362-7021.
• *The Heart of Jackson Humane Society shelter is located at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton and is open from 1p.m. to 4p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays. We are closed Sundays and Mondays. For more information, call 364-5156.
• NEED A RUBBER STAMP? The Holton Recorder is a local dealer for Superior Rubber Stamp and Seal Company of Wichita. Contact The Recorder for the following supplies: Pre-inked stamps, self-inking stamps, daters, markers, name tags, awards, wall signs, plaques. 364-3141, 109 W.4th St., firstname.lastname@example.org
• The Heart of Jackson Humane Society is collecting aluminum cans to recycle. Please place bags of aluminum cans on the West side of the van garage at the shelter. Aluminum cans only. (No aluminum foil or aluminum trays, please, as they can not be recycled). Also needed are volunteers to walk dogs and assist with fund-raising. For more information call the Shelter at 785-364-5156 or stop by the Shelter at 414 E 8th Street in Holton.
• We have appliance parts in stock. Call Jayhawk TV & Appliance at 364-2241.
• GARAGE SALE: Friday/Sept. 29, 9a.m.-4p.m. & Saturday/Sept. 30, 8a.m.-12noon, 725 Idaho Ave., Holton.
• HUGE GARAGE SALE: Friday/Sept. 29 & Saturday/Sept. 30, 8a.m.-8p.m., 13941 166th Road, Mayetta. 785-608-5295. Lots of toys, clothes, shoes of all sizes. Priced to sell. Furniture, electric lights, miscellaneous.
• SOUTHERN HEIGHTS APT 7, (100 Southern Heights, Holton), Come by - outside apartment until sold: 2 round tables, one with 4 chairs and a square 5'x3' table with 6 chairs. Reasonably priced. 660-466-0178 - Apartment 7.
• FOR SALE: Ottawa MIB Round Bale Mover, $500; Big Round Bale Mover or Unroller, KanEquip -10158423 Tri, $1,000; Mounted 3-pt. Blade, $500; 1993 Chevrolet Truck, 1.5-ton, new fuel pump & rebuilt carburetor, $300/obo; 2005 Sierra GMC 1/2-ton, 4-wheel-drive, 5,300wt., 4-door cab, $6,000; 2005 Carry-On-Cargo Trailer, 6'X12', $1,000. 785-305-0642.
• COAST TO COAST INC. Carports, garages, livestock shelters, barns, storage sheds, RV/motor home carports, commercial buildings, up to 100' span. Dealer George Uhl, Sr., 785-969-9167, Holton.
• FOR SALE: Household Appliances; Handi-Cap Equipment; Ladders; Barrels; 1100 X 20 new recap tires (1) & 22.5 (2); Doors; Windows; Sinks; Seasoned Firewood: Hickory, Hedge, Locust. 785-969-9167, Holton.
• WORD CLASSIFIED ADS in The Holton Recorder are placed FREE online at www.holtonrecorder.net!
• RENTAL: 3-BEDROOM, 1.5-bath, house in the country. $1,250/month, 785-215-2829.
• IF YOU BELIEVE you have been the victim of identity theft, robocall scam or an ad scam, you can file a report online with the Consumer Protection Division at www.InYourCornerKansas.org or call 1-800-432-2310. Any questionable ads in The Holton Recorder please call, 364-3141.