Week of 11/14/18
• *ALCOHOL PROBLEM with family member or friend? Holton Al-ANON family group, Wednesdays, 7p.m., Evangel United Methodist Church, East door, go to Library, Rm.104.
• *Hours at the JCMA New Hope Center Food Pantry, located at Fifth Street and Wisconsin Avenue in the Holton First Christian Church basement, are from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursdays. For more information, call 362-7021.
• *NEED A BANKRUPTCY? Payment options available. Paperwork can be done by mail. Free information. Euler Law Offices, LLP, Troy, KS 66087. Call (785)985-3561. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
• A consistent advertising plan with your local newspaper, informing your customers about how you can serve them, builds consumer confidence and trust in your business. Visit with The Holton Recorder advertising experts about how to grow your successful business. Simply call us at 785-364-3141. We are here to help your business reach your goals!
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is a local dealer for Superior Rubber Stamp and Seal Company of Wichita. Contact The Recorder for the following supplies: Pre-inked stamps, self-inking stamps, daters, markers, name tags, awards, wall signs, plaques. 364-3141, 109 W.4th St., email@example.com
• *The Heart of Jackson Humane Society shelter is located at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton and is open from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday and at other times by appointment. For more information, call 364-5156.
• WANT TO BUY: Old, flat-top guitars, any condition. Please call 364-3800 evenings.
At Your Service
• AAA MICK TREE SERVICE. Kansas Certified Arborist. Aerial equipped. Stump Removal. Insured. Free estimates. Holton, Kan., 785-383-6670.
• CHRIS WOLTJE CONSTRUCTION: Specializing in replacement windows, vinyl siding, room additions, decks and any other Interior or Exterior work, large or small. Call for Estimate, 785-633-4429.
• EASTSIDE STORAGE, Fourth and Vermont, Holton, (785)364-3404. Storage compartments for rent.
• FOR SALE: APACHE Creep Feeders, large/small/used/new also Bextra Hay Saving Hay Feeders; Emergency Generators; Bradford Built Flatbeds. Dennis Hutchinson Distributing, (785)364-7400.
• MASTIFF PAINTING: General Construction, building/home repair/maintenance, power washing. No-Job-Too-Small, 30-Years-Experience. Free Estimates. 785-851-0911.
• TREE TRIMMING & Removal, aerial equipment, stump removal, free estimates, insured. KCAT Tree Service, 785-305-0295.
• FREE TO A GOOD HOME: Kittens, (785) 364-2863.
• REGISTERED RED SimAngus bull for sale. Top 25% BW, top 15% API & TI. Contact Dean Klahr for information (785)851-7385.
• The Heart of Jackson Humane Society is seeking donations of several items for continued operations, as well as more volunteers to walk dogs at the shelter. For more information, call the shelter at 364-5156 or stop by the shelter at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton.
• AVOID BEING TAKEN! Before investing in classified ads on work-at-home opportunities, "Too Good To Be True" business opportunities, or advance fee loans, The Holton Recorder urges readers to visit the consumer protection website at www.InYourCornerKansas.org or call 1-800-432-2310.
• Drivers-CDL-A: Make $80K/year! $2,000 Sign-on bonus! Weekend home time! Family benefits only $75/month! No slip seat. Flexible runs. No touch freight. Part timers NEEDED! 855-599-4608.
• FULL-TIME HOUSEKEEPER at Super 8 in Holton. Stop by and fill out job application, Hwy.75, 364-1988.
• BITTERSWEET HOMESTEAD Inc. Day Support Service in Atchison County has an immediate PT opening for 3 days a week. Hours are 8:30a.m.-2p.m.. Must have valid DL & reliable transportation. Must be able to pass back ground checks. We service Developmentally delayed adults in an outdoor setting. Please contact (785)872-3200 M-F, 8a.m.-2p.m. After 2p.m. leave detailed message. Must apply in person.
• NOW HIRING: Holton 66, part-time. Apply at 917 N. 4th St./Holton between 8a.m. to 2p.m., Monday through Friday.
• FOR SALE: Refrigerator; 65,000-BTU gas heatstove, really good condition, works perfect. 364-6271.
• We have appliance parts in stock. Call Jayhawk TV & Appliance at 364-2241.
Lawn & Garden
• BULK 100% Decorative river rock. 785-851-0053.
• OPEN TOP PLASTIC BARRELS, $10; plastic feed barrel w/lid, $20; steel oil barrels, $20; Burn barrels, $25. Holton, 785-969-9167.
• DUCK & GUINEA EGGS for eating or hatching, (785)969-9167, Holton.
• UHL'S WAREHOUSE-APPLIANCES, FURNITURE: Refrigerators; Freezers; Washers; Dryers; Microwave ovens; Kitchen stoves as low as $100; doors; windows; sinks; handicap mobility chairs; scooters; hospital beds as low as $100; electric lift chairs; recliners; barrels as low as $10. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• COAST-TO-COAST: Carports (order before November!), garages, storage sheds, barns, livestock shelters, motor home carports, commercial buildings. Dealer: George Uhl, Sr. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• HEDGE POSTS - ALL SIZES. Call (785)966-2265 or (785)217-5522.
• FOR-SALE: Log splitter, 25-ton, 10.5HP, $850, 913-416-8500. Holton, good condition.
• SEASONED ash, oak, hackberry, hedge, locust, mulberry, mixed woods, barrels. 785-969-9167.
• 1-BEDROOM APARTMENT: Furnished, deposit required, no pets. 785-364-4676/785-408-3261.
• 2-BEDROOM HOUSE for rent in Holton. 1-Bath, CA/CH, double-garage, $700/month, $700/deposit, (785)256-5429 or (785)945-6629.
• MOBILE HOME FOR RENT located in Holton with 3-bedrooms, 2-bathrooms, washer/dryer hookups and all kitchen appliances included. If interested, please call Dave at (785)410-8442.
• SICK OF APARTMENT Living? Cozy one-family home is yours- $500-a-month. Quiet neighborhood, 3-bedroom, 1-bath, kitchen appliances, off-street parking, laundry-hookups, no pets, 1-month security deposit, $35 non-refundable application fee for background/credit check. Leave message, 364-3642.
• 2006 LINCOLN NAVIGATOR: 211,000 miles, $3,500/OBO, (785)532-8910.
• PUBLIC AUCTION: 11/15/18, 7a.m., 111 W 2nd, Hoyt, Kansas. '03 Lincoln #1LNHM87A73Y675494.