Week of 7/10/19
• *ALCOHOL PROBLEM with family member or friend? Holton Al-ANON family group, Wednesdays, 7p.m., Evangel United Methodist Church, East door, go to Library, Rm.104.
• *Hours at the JCMA New Hope Center Food Pantry, located at Fifth Street and Wisconsin Avenue in the Holton First Christian Church basement, are from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursdays. For more information, call 362-7021.
• *NEED A BANKRUPTCY? Payment options available. Paperwork can be done by mail. Free information. Euler Law Offices, LLP, Troy, KS 66087. Call (785)985-3561. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
• A consistent advertising plan with your local newspaper, informing your customers about how you can serve them, builds consumer confidence and trust in your business. Visit with The Holton Recorder advertising experts about how to grow your successful business. Simply call us at 785-364-3141. We are here to help your business reach your goals!
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is a local dealer for Superior Rubber Stamp and Seal Company of Wichita. Contact The Recorder for the following supplies: Pre-inked stamps, self-inking stamps, daters, markers, name tags, awards, wall signs, plaques. 364-3141, 109 W.4th St., email@example.com
• *The Heart of Jackson Humane Society shelter is located at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton and is open from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday and at other times by appointment. For more information, call 364-5156.
• NEW CROP BROME Hay. 4X5 Round Bales, (785)851-4011.
• SMALL SQUARE BALES of Wheat Straw for sale, (785)364-7109.
• WANT TO BUY: Old, flat-top guitars, any condition. Please call 364-3800 evenings.
At Your Service
• AAA MICK TREE SERVICE. Kansas Certified Arborist. Aerial equipped. Stump Removal. Insured. Free estimates. Holton, Kan., 785-383-6670.
• CHRIS WOLTJE CONSTRUCTION: Specializing in replacement windows, vinyl siding, room additions, decks and any other Interior or Exterior work, large or small. Call for Estimate, 785-633-4429.
• EASTSIDE STORAGE, Fourth and Vermont, Holton, (785)364-3404. Storage compartments for rent.
• FOR SALE: Emergency Generators; Bradford Built Flatbeds. Dennis Hutchinson Distributing, (785)364-7400.
• MASTIFF PAINTING: General Construction, building/home repair/maintenance, power washing. No-Job-Too-Small, 30-Years-Experience. Free Estimates. 785-851-0911.
Local Youth At Your Service
• LIERZ LAWN CARE Mowing and trimming available: looking to add a few more yards to help with college: satisfaction guaranteed (785)207-0457.
• FREE KITTENS: Lots to choose from, different colors. 785-364-3041.
• The Heart of Jackson Humane Society is seeking donations of several items for continued operations, as well as more volunteers to walk dogs at the shelter. For more information, call the shelter at 364-5156 or stop by the shelter at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton.
• AVOID BEING TAKEN! Before investing in classified ads on work-at-home opportunities, "Too Good To Be True" business opportunities, or advance fee loans, The Holton Recorder urges readers to visit the consumer protection website at www.InYourCornerKansas.org or call 1-800-432-2310.
• HOLTON DAIRY QUEEN - Now Hiring day shift. Must be available weekdays. We offer competitive wages, paid vacation, 401K Plan, meal discounts, tuition assistance, advancement opportunities, and a positive family oriented environment. Apply in person at 915 W. 4th St., Holton.
• NEW AC, 5,200-BTU, $110; SPT Countertop Dishwasher,$150; Frigidaire Electric Kitchen Stove, $160; Westinghouse Apartment-size Freezer, $80; Samsung front-load Washer w/base, $300; Ahair Portable Washer, $100; Plastic and Steel Barrels. (785)969-9167.
• We have appliance parts in stock. Call Jayhawk TV & Appliance at 364-2241.
Lawn & Garden
• BULK 100% Decorative river rock. 785-851-0053.
• FOR SALE: Nice child's saddle, $100; and nice adult's saddle, $250 w/breast collar, saddle blanket. Please call (785)969-9167.
• For Sale: CAMPING WOOD; 275-gallon water tank w/cage, $100; chicken eggs, $2-dozen; duck eggs for hatching. (785)969-9167.
• GARAGE SALE: 701 Kansas, Holton - Thursday & Friday, 9a.m.-?
• HUGE 8-FAMILY GARAGE Sale at 23189 and 23425 residences on O Road off Hwy. 16 West of Holton, July 11-12-13. 7a.m.-7p.m. July 11-12, 7a.m.-noon July 13. Very nice furniture, collectibles, antiques, home decor, housewares, kitchenware, specialty items, women, girls and baby clothing, workshop and garden items and much more! COME SEE & BUY!
• INSIDE SALE: 121 New York/Holton, July 11-13th, 8-?, Low Prices!
• UHL'S SECOND HAND Thrift: Selling barrels, appliances, furniture, quilting rack, $100; handi-cap equipment, plumbing, electrical, chain-link fence supplies, steel warehouse pallet racks, doors, windows, sinks. (785)969-9167.
• COAST-TO-COAST: Order Now For Summer! Carports, garages, storage sheds, barns, livestock shelters, motor home carports, commercial buildings. Dealer: George Uhl, Sr. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• 1-BEDROOM APARTMENT: Furnished, deposit required, no pets. 785-364-4676/785-408-3261.
• 1-BEDROOM/1-BATHROOM apartment: New carpet, washer/dryer, garbage disposal. No pets/smokers. $550/month, $550/deposit. (913)704-9963.
• 2-BEDROOM HOUSE in Holton: $600/month. 785-364-3606.
• HOUSE-FOR-RENT: Ranch-style, attached garage, fenced backyard, 2-bedroom, 1-bathroom, utility room, appliances furnished. No pets and no smoking, $700/deposit, $700/rent. 1-Year lease. (785)364-7577.
• MOBILE HOME for Rent located in Holton with 3-bedroom, 2-bath, washer & dryer hookups and all kitchen appliances included. If interested please call Dave at (785)410-8442.
• 1996 DODGE 2500 5.9-Diesel, 2-wheel-drive, $5,000. (785)408-6569.
• 1995 HARLEY Ultra Classic, $6,000. (785)408-6569.
• 1995 GEORGIE BOY Motor Home 454 Chevy, $10,000. (785)408-6569.