Week of 4/25/18
• *ALCOHOL PROBLEM with family member or friend? Holton Al-ANON family group, Wednesdays, 7p.m., Evangel United Methodist Church, East door, go to Library, Rm.104.
• *Hours at the JCMA New Hope Center Food Pantry, located at Fifth Street and Wisconsin Avenue in the Holton First Christian Church basement, are from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursdays. For more information, call 362-7021.
• *NEED A BANKRUPTCY? Payment options available. Paperwork can be done by mail. Free information. Euler Law Offices, LLP, Troy, KS 66087. Call (785)985-3561. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
• A consistent advertising plan with your local newspaper, informing your customers about how you can serve them, builds consumer confidence and trust in your business. Visit with The Holton Recorder advertising experts about how to grow your successful business. Simply call us at 785-364-3141. We are here to help your business reach your goals!
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is a local dealer for Superior Rubber Stamp and Seal Company of Wichita. Contact The Recorder for the following supplies: Pre-inked stamps, self-inking stamps, daters, markers, name tags, awards, wall signs, plaques. 364-3141, 109 W.4th St., firstname.lastname@example.org
• *The Heart of Jackson Humane Society shelter is located at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton and is open from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday and at other times by appointment. For more information, call 364-5156.
At Your Service
• AAA MICK TREE SERVICE. Kansas Certified Arborist. Aerial equipped. Stump Removal. Insured. Free estimates. Holton, Kan., 785-383-6670.
• ALTERATIONS: Prom, wedding or any kind of sewing or mending. Call Cindy Meyer, 966-2492.
• CHAMPION LAWN now serving Holton area for your lawn weed/fertilizing needs. 785-364-2233.
• CHRIS WOLTJE CONSTRUCTION: Specializing in replacement windows, vinyl siding, room additions, decks and any other Interior or Exterior work, large or small. Call for Estimate, 785-633-4429.
• EASTSIDE STORAGE, Fourth and Vermont, Holton, (785)364-3404. Storage compartments for rent.
• LAURA'S HOUSEKEEPING: 15-years professional experience. Reasonable rates. Will clean once/week or as often as you need. Honest, reliable, thorough. Located in Holton but willing to travel. Call 406-839-8396.
• MASTIFF PAINTING: General Construction, building/home repair/maintenance, power washing. No-Job-Too-Small, 30-Years-Experience. Free Estimates. 785-851-0911.
• TREE TRIMMING & Removal, aerial equipment, stump removal, free estimates, insured. KCAT Tree Service, 785-305-0295.
Local Youth At Your Service
• LIERZ LAWN CARE MOWING and trimming available. Looking to add a few more yards to help with college. Satisfaction guaranteed, (785)207-0457.
• ANGUS BULLS for sale. Ron Kuglin (785)364-7458.
• YEARLING AI-SIZED Angus bulls for sale. Moderate B.weights with excellent dispositions. Tested PI negative/genetic defect-free. EPD's and BSE available. R Bar W, 785-851-0375.
• The Heart of Jackson Humane Society is seeking donations of several items for continued operations, as well as more volunteers to walk dogs at the shelter. For more information, call the shelter at 364-5156 or stop by the shelter at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton.
• AVOID BEING TAKEN! Before investing in classified ads on work-at-home opportunities, "Too Good To Be True" business opportunities, or advance fee loans, The Holton Recorder urges readers to visit the consumer protection website at www.InYourCornerKansas.org or call 1-800-432-2310.
• We have appliance parts in stock. Call Jayhawk TV & Appliance at 364-2241.
Lawn & Garden
• BULK 100% Decorative river rock. 785-851-0053.
• HAVENSVILLE GREENHOUSE Early Bird Specials: 10" hanging baskets, 2 for $25; single tomato & pepper plants, $1-pot, 4-pack & 6-pack flat, $21.99 (excluding strawberries). Come shop at Havensville Greenhouse where everything is grown naturally. (785)305-0767, 200 Barbara St.
• Farmers Market opening Saturday, April-28, 8am-noon, Courthouse east-side.
• 20585 R4-ROAD, HOLTON: Friday-Saturday, April 27-28, 7:30am-? Huge selection of rods/reels/sinkers. Handmade rag rugs, lots of this and that, some tires, tire changer.
• 403 BUTLER/CIRCLEVILLE: April 26-27-28. Lots of liquor items, t-shirts, caps, mirrors, metal signs, lights, glasses, 52" Lifetime complete portable basketball system, Wilson golf clubs/bags, quilt rack, folding table w/seats, cooler chests, rocking chair w/ottoman, lots of misc. FOLLOW SIGNS.
• BIG MOVING SALE: 14395 HWY 75. Too much to list. Follow signs at 142nd Road. Friday & Saturday, 8a.m.-4p.m.
• CIRCLEVILLE CHRISTIAN CHURCH'S Garage sale at the church Friday 7a.m.-3p.m. & Saturday 7a.m.-noon.
• CITY-WIDE GARAGE SALES: At Medicalodges Jackson County. Miscellaneous items & BAKE SALE! All proceeds benefit residents and activity fund. 1121 W 7th/Holton. Saturday, April 28.
• GARAGE SALE AT 526 NEW YORK AVE/Holton: Friday, April 27, 8a.m.-1p.m. & Saturday, April 28, 8a.m.-1p.m. 8 FAMILY SALE with numerous items too many to list.
• HUGE 3 FAMILY GARAGE SALE: 403 Magnolia/Holton, Thursday & Friday, 8a.m.-? New Coach, Kate Spade, MK Purses; Something for Everyone. - Shirley Pool, Beth Amon, Kristi Dohl.
• HUGE MOVING SALE: Mulroy residence, 418 Navaho/Holton. Thursday-Friday, April 26-27, 7am-6pm. Saturday, April-28, 7am-10am. Downsizing! Most everything goes! Lawn equipment, air compressor, 24-inch snow blower, electric miter saw on stand, furniture, household decor, wall art, dishes, bedding, lamps, porcelain doll collection, too much to list!
• INDIAN TACO SALE: Friday-Saturday, April 27-28, east of laundromat, 511 New Jersey/Holton, 8am-1pm. Miss Kristy D's fried bread.
• OZAWKIE GARAGE SALES Saturday, May 5 (some sales on Friday), rain or shine. 60 plus sales! Located in Ozawkie at Hwy. 92 and Perry Lake. Sale lists & maps at both town entrances & Casey's.
• SOUTHERN HEIGHTS community building: Hillcrest/Nebraska, Holton. Friday-Saturday, April 27-28, 9am-3pm. Variety of merchandise, lots of miscellaneous, handmade items.
• UHL-APPLIANCES, FURNITURE; Nice toilet; Refrigerators; kitchen stoves; washers; dryers; dishwasher; doors; windows; sink; handicap mobility chairs; scooters; hospital beds as low as $100; electric lift chairs, recliners, barrels. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• COAST-TO-COAST: Carports (order before July!), garages, storage sheds, barns, livestock shelters, motor home carports, commercial buildings. Dealer: George Uhl, Sr. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• FOR-SALE: Used tin, 10' sheets. Contact Mike, 785-250-6699.
• FOR SALE: KID'S SADDLE, Circle Y brand, padded seat, excellent shape, $225. (785)364-7400.
• HEDGE POSTS: Various sizes. (785)217-5522 or (785)966-2265.
• MIXED CAMPING WOOD: Smoking, oak, hickory, barrels, warehouse racks. 785-969-9167.
• 1-BEDROOM APARTMENT: Furnished, deposit required, no pets. 785-364-4676/785-408-3261.
• 2 BEDROOM/1-BATH IN Holton, $575/rent, $575/deposit, (785)969-2747.
• 3 BEDROOM/2-BATH IN Holton, $695/rent, $695/deposit, (785)969-2747.
• DUPLEX FOR RENT in Mayetta: $550/month. $550/Deposit. Available end of May, 785-966-2217.
• COMMERCIAL/RETAIL SPACE for-lease at 123-Dakota Ave., Holton. Excellent location off Hwy.75. Up to 2,650 sq.ft. Can be leased by one business or separated into smaller spaces for multiple businesses. Excellent opportunity for expanding business or start-up operation. Great traffic flow from Hwy.75. For additional details, contact Carole at 785-851-0104.
• BEAUTIFUL black 2011 Mercedes Class-C all-wheel drive for sale. Lovingly cared for in great condition. 785-305-0549, please leave message.
• 2001 CHEVROLET SUBURBAN LT, 4X4, 135K, one-owner, non-smoker, always garaged, leather heated seats, heated mirrors, captain's 2nd-row seats, tudor, $6,500/OBO, (785)986-6170.