Week of 1/17/18
• *ALCOHOL PROBLEM with family member or friend? Holton Al-ANON family group, Wednesdays, 7p.m., Evangel United Methodist Church, East door, go to Library, Rm.104.
• *Hours at the JCMA New Hope Center Food Pantry, located at Fifth Street and Wisconsin Avenue in the Holton First Christian Church basement, are from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursdays. For more information, call 362-7021.
• *NEED A BANKRUPTCY? Payment options available. Paperwork can be done by mail. Free information. Euler Law Offices, LLP, Troy, KS 66087. Call (785)985-3561. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
• A consistent advertising plan with your local newspaper, informing your customers about how you can serve them, builds consumer confidence and trust in your business. Visit with The Holton Recorder advertising experts about how to grow your successful business. Simply call us at 785-364-3141. We are here to help your business reach your goals!
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is a local dealer for Superior Rubber Stamp and Seal Company of Wichita. Contact The Recorder for the following supplies: Pre-inked stamps, self-inking stamps, daters, markers, name tags, awards, wall signs, plaques. 364-3141, 109 W.4th St., email@example.com
• NOTICE: You will be amazed at the response you get when you place an ad on this page! Price starts at just $3.55 for the first run, $2 each following run!
• *The Heart of Jackson Humane Society shelter is located at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton and is open from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday and at other times by appointment. For more information, call 364-5156.
• FOR-SALE: Small square bales of straw. 785-364-7109.
• FOR-SALE: 50-bales of fert.brome w/seed, $35/bale. 785-522-4003.
• HAY-FOR-SALE: Small squares, 85# wire tie Brome. 785-364-3050 near Holton NW.
At Your Service
• AAA MICK TREE SERVICE. Kansas Certified Arborist. Aerial equipped. Stump Removal. Insured. Free estimates. Holton, Kan., 785-383-6670.
• ALTERATIONS: Any kind of sewing or mending. Call Cindy Meyer, 966-2492.
• CHRIS WOLTJE CONSTRUCTION: Specializing in replacement windows, vinyl siding, room additions, decks and any other Interior or Exterior work, large or small. Call for Estimate, 785-633-4429.
• EASTSIDE STORAGE, Fourth and Vermont, Holton, (785)364-3404. Storage compartments for rent.
• LAURA'S HOUSEKEEPING: 15-years professional experience. Reasonable rates. Will clean once/week or as often as you need. Honest, reliable, thorough. Located in Holton but willing to travel. Call 406-839-8396.
• MASTIFF PAINTING: General Construction, building/home repair/maintenance, power washing. No-Job-Too-Small, 3-Years-Experience. Free Estimates. 785-851-0911.
• TREE TRIMMING & REMOVAL, aerial equipment, stump removal, free estimates, insured. Larrison Tree Service, 785-364-3743. Call anytime.
• Veterans will load and haul your hay. 913-704-9963, Veterans of Kansas.
• The Heart of Jackson Humane Society is seeking donations of several items for continued operations, as well as more volunteers to walk dogs at the shelter. For more information, call the shelter at 364-5156 or stop by the shelter at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton.
• AVOID BEING TAKEN! Before investing in classified ads on work-at-home opportunities, "Too Good To Be True" business opportunities, or advance fee loans, The Holton Recorder urges readers to visit the consumer protection website at www.InYourCornerKansas.org or call 1-800-432-2310.
• HANDYMAN NEEDED to clean out guttering, etc. Apply at 120 New Jersey Ave./Holton.
• HELP-WANTED: We have two openings for a Housing Advocate. Starting salary is $11.78, adjustable by education and experience. Please go to www.nekcap.org for job description and application. NEK-CAP, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
• HOUSEKEEPER NEEDED at Super-8 Motel, Holton. Apply in person, 300 S.Arizona Ave.
• Jobs and homes for veterans. Call Phil, 913-704-9963, Veterans of Kansas.
• Work in a job that changes the lives of little children. We have an opening for a Child and Family Advocate 0-3 to work in Jackson/Pottawatomie area. Starting salary is $17/hour, and prefer a BA in Social Work or Early Childhood Education. Please go to www.nekcap.org for job description and application. NEK-CAP, Inc. is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
• We have appliance parts in stock. Call Jayhawk TV & Appliance at 364-2241.
Lawn & Garden
• BULK 100% Decorative river rock. 785-851-0053.
• OPEN TOP PLASTIC BARREL, $10; plastic feed barrel w/lid, $20; steel oil barrels, $20; heavy duty burn barrels, $25; 40-lb. bags coal, $15; duck eggs, $2.50/dz. Holton, 785-969-9167.
• BUTCHER BEEF: Grain-fed/no hormones or drugs. 785-364-7707.
• ESTATE SALE: Thursday, Jan.18/Friday, Jan.19, 7:30am-5pm/Saturday, Jan.20, 8am-2pm. 114 Parkview Ct./Holton. This tidy little sale includes household items and furniture, a newer Vizio TV, Dell computer, Roland digital intelligent piano, Frigidaire freezer, record albums, figurines and glassware, lots of ladies XL (size 12-14) clothes and much more! Sale organized and managed by Blues Moon Professional Organization LLC. For more information, call 785-845-1179.
• UHL-APPLIANCES, FURNITURE: Refrigerators, kitchen stoves, doors, windows, sinks, handicap chairs, scooters, hospital beds, electric lift chairs, recliners, barrels. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• COAST-TO-COAST: Carports (order early before spring!), garages, storage sheds, barns, livestock shelters, motor home carports, commercial buildings. Dealer: George Uhl, Sr. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• SEASONED ash, oak, hackberry, hedge, locust, mulberry, mixed woods, 40lb. bags coal $15, barrels. 785-969-9167.
Want To Rent
• Young farmer in search of pasture to rent. Will maintain fences and good steward of the land. Call 402-540-7733.
• 1-BEDROOM APARTMENT: Furnished, deposit required, no pets. 785-364-4676/785-408-3261.
• 1-OR-2-BEDROOM APARTMENT with stove, refrigerator, new flooring/paint. Outside porch, laundry available on-site. $450/rent, includes heat/water bill. No smoking/pets. 785-341-8198
• 2-BEDROOM FURNISHED farmhouse in Hoyt vicinity for short-term rental, nightly or weekly. 785-286-1198.
• 2-DUPLEXES FOR-RENT in Mayetta: (1)w/garage, $600/month, (1)without garage, $550/month. Deposit required. Available in February. 785-966-2217.
• COMMERCIAL/RETAIL SPACE for-lease at 123-Dakota Ave., Holton. Excellent location off Hwy.75. Up to 2,650 sq.ft. Can be leased by one business or separated into smaller spaces for multiple businesses. Excellent opportunity for expanding business or start-up operation. Great traffic flow from Hwy.75. For additional details, contact Carole at 785-851-0104.
• FOR-RENT: 80-acres of brome hay land in southwest Jackson County. 785-608-4005.
• OFFICE FOR RENT: Call 364-3394.