Week of 7/18/18
• *ALCOHOL PROBLEM with family member or friend? Holton Al-ANON family group, Wednesdays, 7p.m., Evangel United Methodist Church, East door, go to Library, Rm.104.
• *Hours at the JCMA New Hope Center Food Pantry, located at Fifth Street and Wisconsin Avenue in the Holton First Christian Church basement, are from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursdays. For more information, call 362-7021.
• *NEED A BANKRUPTCY? Payment options available. Paperwork can be done by mail. Free information. Euler Law Offices, LLP, Troy, KS 66087. Call (785)985-3561. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
• A consistent advertising plan with your local newspaper, informing your customers about how you can serve them, builds consumer confidence and trust in your business. Visit with The Holton Recorder advertising experts about how to grow your successful business. Simply call us at 785-364-3141. We are here to help your business reach your goals!
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is a local dealer for Superior Rubber Stamp and Seal Company of Wichita. Contact The Recorder for the following supplies: Pre-inked stamps, self-inking stamps, daters, markers, name tags, awards, wall signs, plaques. 364-3141, 109 W.4th St., firstname.lastname@example.org
• *The Heart of Jackson Humane Society shelter is located at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton and is open from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday and at other times by appointment. For more information, call 364-5156.
At Your Service
• AAA MICK TREE SERVICE. Kansas Certified Arborist. Aerial equipped. Stump Removal. Insured. Free estimates. Holton, Kan., 785-383-6670.
• CHRIS WOLTJE CONSTRUCTION: Specializing in replacement windows, vinyl siding, room additions, decks and any other Interior or Exterior work, large or small. Call for Estimate, 785-633-4429.
• EASTSIDE STORAGE, Fourth and Vermont, Holton, (785)364-3404. Storage compartments for rent.
• MASTIFF PAINTING: General Construction, building/home repair/maintenance, power washing. No-Job-Too-Small, 30-Years-Experience. Free Estimates. 785-851-0911.
• TREE TRIMMING & Removal, aerial equipment, stump removal, free estimates, insured. KCAT Tree Service, 785-305-0295.
Local Youth At Your Service
• LIERZ LAWN CARE MOWING and trimming available. Looking to add a few more yards to help with college. Satisfaction guaranteed, (785)207-0457.
Lost & Found
• FOUND TRAVELING together on Hwy 9 between Whiting & Netawaka: 2 dogs, both hound mix, female, tan w/black muzzle approximately 1 year old. Call Banner Creek Animal Hospital, 364-4560.
• FOUND: By the Holton High School a Wheaton Terrier, white, female, 3-5 years old, has collar and found on K Road, Circleville a black and white Border Collie, male. Please call Banner Creek Animal Hospital, (785)364-4560.
• FOR ADOPTION: Cats & Kittens, various ages. Please call or come by Banner Creek Animal Hospital, 364-4560.
• The Heart of Jackson Humane Society is seeking donations of several items for continued operations, as well as more volunteers to walk dogs at the shelter. For more information, call the shelter at 364-5156 or stop by the shelter at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton.
• AVOID BEING TAKEN! Before investing in classified ads on work-at-home opportunities, "Too Good To Be True" business opportunities, or advance fee loans, The Holton Recorder urges readers to visit the consumer protection website at www.InYourCornerKansas.org or call 1-800-432-2310.
• DRIVERS-CDL-A: Make $80K/year! $2,000 Sign-on bonus! Weekends off! Family benefits only $75/month! No Slip Seat. Flexible Runs. No Touch Freight; Part timers needed! 855-599-4608.
• LOT ATTENDANT NEEDED. Responsible for cleaning used vehicles for Lot showing and prepare new vehicles for delivery. Must have valid Driver's License. Apply in person. Foster Ford, 311 Arizona Ave (Highway 75), Holton.
• UHL-APPLIANCES: Upright Frigidaire freezer, $200; Whirlpool Propane Gas range, $200; GE 4-burner electric range, $100; Maytag Neptune electric dryer, $200; Whirlpool n.gas Range, $200. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• We have appliance parts in stock. Call Jayhawk TV & Appliance at 364-2241.
Lawn & Garden
• BULK 100% Decorative river rock. 785-851-0053.
• OPEN TOP PLASTIC BARREL, $10; plastic feed barrel w/lid, $20; steel oil barrels, $20; heavy-duty burn barrels, $25; 40-lb. bags coal, $15; Eggs; ducks, roosters, female rabbits. Holton, 785-969-9167.
• 300 VERMONT/HOLTON: Thursday, Friday & Saturday 8a.m.-2p.m. Sale inside & out. Everything must go! Priced to sell!
• HUGE YARD SALE THURSDAY ONLY, July 19 at 212 Kansas/Holton, sun up to sun down. Partial listing: Carpet shampooer, 2 dog houses, books, CDs, games, 2X womens tops, vintage wood extension ladder, lumber, shelves, large counter-height table, 4 stools, 2 twin loft beds, small animal feeders, cages, Christmas decor, small chest freezer, 170ft. 7-strand cable, radial arm saw, corner entertainment center, small wood stove, horse hames, T-posts, 2000 Silverado Pickup with working AC- $1,800. Much, much more - don't miss this one!
• MINI-MARKET open on Wednesdays all summer through August 8th! Crafts/baked goods/fresh eggs/garden produce! 10am to 1pm at Beck-Bookman Library! Support children's programs at the Library and encourage young entrepreneurs (ages 8-18).
• UHL'S WAREHOUSE-APPLIANCES, FURNITURE: Nice toilet; kitchen stoves as low as $100; doors; windows; sinks; handicap mobility chairs; scooters; hospital beds as low as $100; electric lift chairs; recliners; barrels as low as $10. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• COAST-TO-COAST: Carports (order before Fall!), garages, storage sheds, barns, livestock shelters, motor home carports, commercial buildings. Dealer: George Uhl, Sr. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• 1-BEDROOM APARTMENT: Furnished, deposit required, no pets. 785-364-4676/785-408-3261.
• 2017 MOBILE HOME in Holton. Appliances, trash paid. $550/deposit, $550/rent, 785-383-6683.
• DUPLEX FOR RENT in Mayetta. 2-Bedroom, 1-bath, 1-car garage, fenced front yard. $600/deposit, $600/rent. Available Sept. 1. (785)966-2217.
• FOR RENT: 3-BEDROOM, 2-BATH Modular home in Holton. Stove, refrigerator included. $675/rent, $675/deposit. Call (785)383-6683.
• RENTAL: 110 NEW YORK/Holton. 2-bedroom, 1-bathroom, detached garage. $675/Rent, $700/deposit, (785)215-2829.
• RENTAL: LARGE ONE-BEDROOM; one-bath; upstairs; washer/dryer; dishwasher; refrigerator w/ice maker. Open floor plan w/kitchen pass through; $475. See it Monday or Thursday 4-6p.m. 115 E 4th, next to Post Office. (913)704-9963. No pets, smokers.
• VERY MOTIVATED SELLER: Beautiful Country Home-For-Sale. 4-Bedrooms, 2 1/2-baths. 3 1/2-miles from Holton on Hwy.16. (785)305-1471.
• FOR-SALE: 1997 BMW F-650 dual sport motorcycle. 785-383-1955, leave message.
• 1998 KEYSTONE 28'TRAVEL TRAILER, $3,500 or make reasonable offer, (785)522-4651.