Proposed five-year plan for special sales tax discussed
Proposed chip-and-seal projects utilizing the county’s special .4 percent retailers’ sales tax were discussed at a recent Jackson County Commission meeting.
Dan Barnett, road and bridge administrator, presented a draft list of road and improvement projects for the next five years that would be paid using the special tax.
This list included:
* E Road from 134th to 142nd Roads.
* 254th Road from I to J4 Roads.
* E Road from 142nd to 158th Roads.
* 254th from T to W Roads.
* 142nd Road from R to T Roads.
* A quarter of a mile behind Jackson Heights to 262nd Road.
* Two and a half miles of P Road from Holton city limits to 254th Road.
* R Road from 162nd to 166th Roads to tie into existing chip-and-seal from Mayetta to U.S. Highway 75.
* 254th Road from E to I Roads.
* One mile at Jackson Heights – from 262nd Road to Q Roads.
* 254th Road from E to G Roads.
* One and a half miles of 142nd Roads from T to U4 Roads.
For more on this story, please log in to your holtonrecorder.net account.