Fire noted at jail

A faulty clothes dryer has been identified as the cause of a fire at the Jackson County Jail early this morning, according to Jackson County Sheriff Tim Morse.

At 5:16 a.m. today (Wednesday), a fire in the laundry room of the jail was reported.  The Holton Fire Department responded to the scene where the fire was extinguished, it was reported. 

Morse said that smoke was isolated to the laundry and kitchen portions of the jail, and it was determined that the fire originated and was limited to a clothes dryer.

By 5:49 a.m., the building was ventilated and fire crews cleared the scene. No injuries were reported. 

The Holton Recorder

109 W. Fourth St.
Holton, KS 66436
Phone: 785-364-3141
 

Sign Up For Breaking News

Stay informed on our latest news!

Manage my subscriptions

Subscribe to Greer Citizen newsletter feed