Week of 1/21/15
• *ALCOHOL PROBLEM with family member or friend? Holton Al-ANON family group, Wednesdays, 7p.m., Evangel United Methodist Church, East door, go to Library, Rm.104.
• *Free Bible Correspondence Course-Certificate awarded at completion. Contact: Northside Church of Christ, 555 NW 46th St., Topeka, KS 66617, phone 785-286-2124.
• *Holton Alateen for young people whose lives have been affected by alcoholism in a family member or close friend. Mondays, 6:30pm, Evangel United Methodist Church, east door, go to library (Room 104). Closed meeting. 227 Pennsylvania, Holton.
• A consistent advertising plan with your local newspaper, informing your customers about how you can serve them, builds consumer confidence and trust in your business. Visit with The Holton Recorder advertising experts about how to grow your successful business. Simply call us at 785-364-3141. We are here to help your business reach your goals!
• If you live in Jackson County and are not a current subscriber of The Holton Recorder, you are eligible to receive the FREE Jackson County Shopper mailed each week! Call our office at 364-3141 for details!
• NEED A BANKRUPTCY? Payment options available. Paperwork can be done by mail. Free information. Euler Law Offices, LLP, Troy, KS 66087. Call (785)985-3561. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
• NOTICE: Don't forget to order your Holton Recorder! Subscriptions start at 41 cents per issue!
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is a local dealer for Superior Rubber Stamp and Seal Company of Wichita. Contact The Recorder for the following supplies: Pre-inked stamps, self-inking stamps, daters, markers, name tags, awards, wall signs, plaques. 364-3141, 109 W.4th St., email@example.com
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is responsible for errors in ads/legals for one time ONLY! If you see a mistake in your ad/legal, please contact us before the next scheduled run so that we may correct the error. Thank you.
• NOTICE: Winter is a good time to sell unwanted items here in The Holton Recorder classified section!
• NOTICE: You will be amazed at the response you get when you place an ad on this page! Prices start at just $3.55!
• 2014 BROME HAY FOR SALE: Large rounds, 1,200-pounds, $42/each, near Holton. 785-364-6623
• FOR-SALE: Small square bales brome/prairie hay. 364-7109
• FOR-SALE: Big round bales 2014 brome/prairie hay, up to 400-bales. 785-535-4814, evenings.
At Your Service
• AAA MICK TREE SERVICE. Kansas Certified Arborist. Tree care and removal. Aerial equipped. Stump Removal. Insured. Free estimates. Holton, Kan., 785-364-5088 or 785-383-6670.
• ALTERATIONS: Bridal, prom or any kind of sewing. Call Cindy Meyer, 966-2492.
• CHRIS WOLTJE CONSTRUCTION: Specializing in replacement windows, vinyl siding, room additions, decks and any other Interior or Exterior work, large or small. Call for Estimate, 785-633-4429.
• EASTSIDE STORAGE, Fourth and Vermont, Holton, (785)364-3404. Storage compartments for rent.
• ELLIS & PEREZ Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning, Deluth, KS. 1-785-458-9695 or 1-785-948-2398.
• GROOMING, all critters welcome! Call Tracie at 785-383-0862.
• Hydraulic repair, will overhaul cylinders/replace any hose assembly. Call Tony at 785-806-1935.
• PROPERTY CLEANERS: Norma 1-785-256-1472. Reasonable rates, detail cleaning, painting, interior/exterior, deck staining. References available.
• TREE TRIMMING & REMOVAL, aerial equipment, stump removal, free estimates, insured. Larrison Tree Service, 364-3743, Call anytime.
Lost & Found
• FOUND: Small male dog, black long hair, at 9527 206th Road. Call Heart of Jackson, 364-5156.
• FOR-SALE: Feeder/pet rats, all sizes. 785-305-1863
• AVOID BEING TAKEN! Before investing in classified ads on work-at-home opportunities, "Too Good To Be True" business opportunities, or advance fee loans, The Holton Recorder urges readers to contact The Better Business Bureau, 1-800-856-2417.
• 3-EXPERIENCED ROOFERS for a 3-day job. Must be able to work 10-12 pitch, 20-30ft. high. Soldier area, text ONLY to Alvin with name/phone number: 785-305-0839.
• DILLON TIRE: Tire technician with passenger/truck/farm experience preferred. Position 44-hours/week with paid holidays. Health/life/disability insurance. Apply in person, 2000 Skyway Hwy.59, Atchison.
• FORT TRANSFER is now hiring Independent Contractors! 76% pay package option. Bring drivers for chance to win $25,000! CDL Class-A, must have TWIC/HAZMAT. Call 855-252-1634.
• MARTEN TRANSPORT, a Strong-&-Stable Refrigerated Carrier since 1946, is now offering DEDICATED/REGIONAL runs for drivers living in your area. Weekly Home Time. Over $1,000/week average. Top Equipment. Required: 6-months OTR-experience, 22-years-old, CDL-A. 866-370-4476, www.drive4marten.com
• UHL'S FURNITURE: Queen Sleep Member complete bed ($100), used couches, divans, sofas, love seats, easy-chairs, recliners, dressers, chest-of-drawers, tables, chairs, bed frames, lift chair ($200), handicap devices. (785)969-9167/Holton.
• UHL-APPLIANCES: Empire ventless 18,000-BTU N.gas wall heater, $100; Maytag washer, $200; Frigidaire electric dryer, $180; Frigidaire electric range, $100; 785-969-9167/Holton.
• We have appliance parts in stock. Call Jayhawk TV & Appliance at 364-2241.
Lawn & Garden
• BULK 100% Decorative river rock, railroad ties, 785-851-0053.
• PLASTIC barrels for water, feed, storage, steel burn barrels, $20/each; steel stove barrel w/lid, $25; Also, pet cages and carriers, 785-969-9167/Holton.
• COAST-TO-COAST: Carports, garages, storage sheds, barns, livestock shelters, motor home carports, commercial buildings. Dealer: George Uhl, Sr. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• FOR-SALE: Newspaper end rolls! $1/pound plus tax. Great for table covers for all occasions, among other practical uses. Visit The Holton Recorder office, 109 W. 4th St./Holton or call 364-3141 to schedule pickup.
• FOR-SALE: 8-ft. Meyers snow plow, $750/OBO. 785-305-1144
• Ash, oak, locust, hackberry, hedge, maple, mulberry, walnut, mixed wood. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• 1-BEDROOM DOWNSTAIRS APARTMENT in Holton. 785-364-3477 or 785-301-1614.
• 2-BEDROOM HOUSE IN HOLTON: Stove/refrigerator, washer/dryer hookups. No pets/smokers. References. 364-2267.
• 2-BEDROOM HOUSE IN MAYETTA: Stove/refrigerator, washer/dryer hookups. No pets/smokers. References. 364-2267.
• 2-BEDROOM HOUSE, newly remodeled: 109 Second St./Mayetta. Available now! No pets. 785-554-1117 or after 5pm 966-2359.
• NEWLY REMODELED 1-bedroom apartment for rent. Water/trash paid, no smoking/pets. Available now. 785-565-4189. References required, $425/month.
• PRIVATE, RECENTLY RENOVATED office space: North side of Holton's Square, professional building, $295/month, utilities included. Call Betsy, 785-851-9167 or 785-364-4626.
• SWEETEST DEAL AROUND: Apartment for rent, Holton; clean, well-maintained, 1-bedroom, stove/refrigerator/laundry/balcony/carport available. All your heat and water included in rent. No smoking/pets, $450-rent. 785-341-8198.
• VERY NICE DUPLEX: West side of Holton. 2-bedrooms, 1-bathroom, refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, central air, 1-car garage, mowing/snow removal. $650/month, $450/deposit. Kevin Paxton, 785-364-2489.
• 4-BEDROOM, 2-FULL BATH HOUSE 1.5-miles off Hwy.75. 5-acres, Royal Valley schools. 26x32 Lester building. $120,000, home 35-years-old. Call anytime, 785-966-2613.
• OFFICE FOR RENT: Call 364-3394.
• FOR-SALE: Toyota truck bed, $300/OBO. 785-966-2306
• FOR-SALE: 1999 Oldsmobile. Good condition, runs good. $1,500. 785-966-2306
• FOR-SALE: Kubota RTV-500, EFI, 4x4, camouflage, 280-hours, excellent condition. Dennis Hutchinson, 364-7400.