Week of 4/27/16
• *ALCOHOL PROBLEM with family member or friend? Holton Al-ANON family group, Wednesdays, 7p.m., Evangel United Methodist Church, East door, go to Library, Rm.104.
• *Hours at the JCMA New Hope Center Food Pantry, located at Fifth Street and Wisconsin Avenue in the Holton First Christian Church basement, are from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursdays. For more information, call 364-7021.
• *NEED A BANKRUPTCY? Payment options available. Paperwork can be done by mail. Free information. Euler Law Offices, LLP, Troy, KS 66087. Call (785)985-3561. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
• A consistent advertising plan with your local newspaper, informing your customers about how you can serve them, builds consumer confidence and trust in your business. Visit with The Holton Recorder advertising experts about how to grow your successful business. Simply call us at 785-364-3141. We are here to help your business reach your goals!
• NOTICE: Don't forget to order your Holton Recorder! Subscriptions start at 42 cents per issue!
• NOTICE: Spring is a good time to sell unwanted items here in The Holton Recorder classified section!
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is a local dealer for Superior Rubber Stamp and Seal Company of Wichita. Contact The Recorder for the following supplies: Pre-inked stamps, self-inking stamps, daters, markers, name tags, awards, wall signs, plaques. 364-3141, 109 W.4th St., firstname.lastname@example.org
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is responsible for errors in ads/legals for one time ONLY! If you see a mistake in your ad/legal, please contact us before the next scheduled run so that we may correct the error. Thank you.
• NOTICE: You will be amazed at the response you get when you place an ad on this page! Prices start at just $3.55!
• *The Heart of Jackson Humane Society shelter is located at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton and is open from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday and at other times by appointment. For more information, call 364-5156.
At Your Service
• AAA MICK TREE SERVICE. Kansas Certified Arborist. Tree care and removal. Aerial equipped. Stump Removal. Insured. Free estimates. Holton, Kan., 785-364-5088 or 785-383-6670.
• ALTERATIONS: Bridal, prom or any kind of sewing. Call Cindy Meyer, 966-2492.
• CHRIS WOLTJE CONSTRUCTION: Specializing in replacement windows, vinyl siding, room additions, decks and any other Interior or Exterior work, large or small. Call for Estimate, 785-633-4429.
• EASTSIDE STORAGE, Fourth and Vermont, Holton, (785)364-3404. Storage compartments for rent.
• ELLIS & PEREZ Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning, Deluth, KS. 1-785-458-9695 or 1-785-948-2398.
• JASON HILL FENCING: Repair or build barbwire fence. 785-364-6217.
• NEED TOP SOIL? For all gravel and dirt needs, call for affordable price! 785-935-2441
• PROPERTY CLEANERS: Norma 1-785-256-1472. Reasonable rates, detail cleaning, painting, interior/exterior, deck staining. References available.
• TREE TRIMMING & REMOVAL, aerial equipment, stump removal, free estimates, insured. Larrison Tree Service, 364-3743, Call anytime.
Lost & Found
• FOUND: 2-year-old female Hound/Rottweiler mix, dark brindle collar, in Whiting. For more information, please call Banner Creek Animal Hospital at 364-4560.
• FOUND: Female Rottweiler mix. For more information, please contact Banner Creek Animal Hospital at 364-4560.
• FOUND: Full-grown female black cat in Holton. For more information, please contact Banner Creek Animal Hospital at 364-4560.
• FOR-ADOPTION: (1)9-month-old male Labrador mix, cream/white color; (1)9-month-old female Labrador mix, black color; (1)2-to-3-year-old male Pug/Boxer mix. For more information, call Banner Creek Animal Hospital at 364-4560.
• FOR-ADOPTION: 2-to-3-year-old male Boxer mix. For more information, please contact Banner Creek Animal Hospital at 364-4560.
• ANGUS BULLS FOR-SALE: Ron Kuglin, 364-7458.
• FOR SALE: FEEDER Pigs or Butcher Hogs. Please call 785-364-2018.
• FOR-SALE: Excellent quality Hereford Bulls. Fertility-checked, vaccinated and de-wormed. Broken-B-Herefords, 785-458-2145.
• BABY CHICKS FOR SALE: Multiple breeds available. New chicks hatched weekly! Call 785-304-2182 for detailed listing and cost.
• The Heart of Jackson Humane Society is seeking donations of several items for continued operations, as well as more volunteers to walk dogs at the shelter. For more information, call the shelter at 364-5156 or stop by the shelter at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton.
• AVOID BEING TAKEN! Before investing in classified ads on work-at-home opportunities, "Too Good To Be True" business opportunities, or advance fee loans, The Holton Recorder urges readers to visit the consumer protection website at www.InYourCornerKansas.org or call 1-800-432-2310.
• Come join our winning team! Cook/Prep Cook position available immediately. Apply in person at Boomers' Steakhouse, 401 Colorado Ave., Holton-KS.
• Drivers: Home every weekend! 401K, vacation, health insurance! Small company, flatbed. 1-year experience, CDL-A. Show Me Trucking: 866-972-2662.
• HELP WANTED: We have an opening for an Assistant Teacher in Jackson County Head Start. Starting salary is $8.70 adjustable by education and experience. This job will start in August. please go to www.nekcap.org for job description and application. Please submit application and proof of education to email@example.com. NEK-CAP, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
• UHL-FURNITURE: Mobility chair, new batteries, $500; Inva-care new electric hospital bed, $350; cat-napper, XXXL lift-chair, $400; Pride electric lift-chair, $250; beige electric lift-chair, $180; portable massage table, $150; mounted 12-point elk-horns, $200; bunk bed, $200; roll-away bed, $100; loft bed, $150; hide-a-bed couch, $200; tables, chairs, couches, dressers, beds, handicap equipment. 785-969-9167.
• UHL-APPLIANCES: New white gas range, $200; Maytag washer, $100; Whirlpool frost-free refrigerator, $200; apartment-size chest freezer, $80; Maytag dryer, $200; Hot Point electric range, $150; built-in dishwasher, $100. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• We have appliance parts in stock. Call Jayhawk TV & Appliance at 364-2241.
Lawn & Garden
• BULK 100% Decorative river rock, railroad ties, 785-851-0053.
• FOR-SALE: Cub Cadet Z-Force, zero-turn, 54"-cut lawn mower, 138.8 hours. 785-933-3622
• NEW 6'x6' greenhouse, $80; four good used tires, 215x55Rx18", $240; 300-gal. poly tanks w/cage, $100/each; wheelbarrow, $50; plastic barrels for water, feed, storage, steel burn barrels, $20/each; open top plastic barrel, $10; steel barrel w/lid, $25. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• Stop by and visit our roadside farmers' market! 4-miles west on Hwy.16. Fresh eggs! "Self-serve" produce as it becomes available. 364-6633
Feed & Seed
• WILLCROSS WXR 7398-RR1 soybeans. 3.9-maturity, good stress bean. $30/50-lb. bag. Treatment available. Fungicide only, $3.50/bag. Fungicide/insecticide, $8.50/bag. Reiff Sales, 785-221-8335/785/364-6343.
• HUGE $0.25 SALE! 9595 238th Road/Holton, 8am-1pm, Saturday, April-30. Building materials, A/C-window unit, household items, women's business attire, children's clothes (boys 4-7 and on up, girls under 12), plus household items and toys! $0.25 per item not marked!
• ROSSVILLE/DELIA citywide garage sales: April 29-30. See fliers at www.facebook.com/DeliaCommunityPride and www.rossvillekansas.us
• 32" OUTSIDE DOOR w/window, $75; 36" door, $50; doors, windows, sinks. 785-969-9167
• *Free Bible Correspondence Course-Certificate awarded at completion. Contact: Northside Church of Christ, 555 NW 46th St., Topeka, KS 66617, phone 785-286-2124.
• FOR-SALE: Large newspaper end rolls, many at about 60 pounds. $1/pound plus tax. Great for table covers for all occasions, among other practical uses. Visit The Holton Recorder office, 109 W. 4th St./Holton or call David at 364-3141.
• 1/2/3-BEDROOM APARTMENTS in Holton: $325-$450/month, no pets. 785-484-2026 or 785-230-2575.
• 2-BEDROOM HOUSE in Holton: Attached garage with all appliances. $600/month plus deposit. 785-305-0148
• 3-BEDROOM, 1.5-BATHROOM newly remodeled home in the country. 2-car attached garage, pipe-pens for horses, fishing pond within walking distance. $1,150/month rent, $1,200 deposit. No indoor pets/smoking. Available May-1. 785-215-2829
• FOR RENT/SALE: 2-bedroom, 1.5-bathroom house in Soldier. Newly remodeled, includes appliances, large lot. Call 785-834-5522.
• FOR-RENT: Upscale loft apartment on north side of Holton's Square. 1,000-sq.ft., 1-bedroom, 1-bathroom, elevator, garage, basement storage, all electric, spacious open kitchen, dining, living room. $725/month plus security deposit, 1-year lease. No smoking/pets. Perfect for senior living. Joni: 785-364-7153.
• NEWLY REMODELED mobile home available for rent. 3-bedrooms, 2-bathrooms with washer/dryer hook-ups. If interested, please call 1-785-410-8442.
• ON CORNER LOT IN HOLTON: Nice small 3-bedroom home, range, refrigerator, A/C. $575/month plus $575/deposit. No pets. 785-924-3775
• 3-BEDROOM HOUSE: Separate 2-car garage with workshop. 364-3310
• 3-BEDROOM, 1.5-BATHROOM farm house on corner lot with 5-acres in Netawaka. Please call or text Phil at 785-633-1338. Will send pics on request.
• OFFICE FOR RENT: Call 364-3394.
• FOR-SALE: 1966 Chevrolet Corvair, 2-door, very nice, sporty car, runs good, looks good. Call 785-364-3141 days or 785-364-3800 evenings.
• CUSTOM 98 Dodge 4x4 1500, 318 5-speed, 2-tone yellow/white. Great farm/town truck, sell by receipts. $15,000 cash/OBO. Call John, 785-232-8172.