Week of 7/29/15
• *Free Bible Correspondence Course-Certificate awarded at completion. Contact: Northside Church of Christ, 555 NW 46th St., Topeka, KS 66617, phone 785-286-2124.
• *Hours at the JCMA New Hope Center Food Pantry, located at Fifth Street and Wisconsin Avenue in the Holton First Christian Church basement, are from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursdays. For more information, call 364-7021.
• *NEED A BANKRUPTCY? Payment options available. Paperwork can be done by mail. Free information. Euler Law Offices, LLP, Troy, KS 66087. Call (785)985-3561. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
• A consistent advertising plan with your local newspaper, informing your customers about how you can serve them, builds consumer confidence and trust in your business. Visit with The Holton Recorder advertising experts about how to grow your successful business. Simply call us at 785-364-3141. We are here to help your business reach your goals!
• If you live in Jackson County and are not a current subscriber of The Holton Recorder, you are eligible to receive the FREE Jackson County Shopper mailed each week! Call our office at 364-3141 for details!
• NOTICE: Don't forget to order your Holton Recorder! Subscriptions start at 41 cents per issue!
• NOTICE: Summer is a good time to sell unwanted items here in The Holton Recorder classified section!
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is a local dealer for Superior Rubber Stamp and Seal Company of Wichita. Contact The Recorder for the following supplies: Pre-inked stamps, self-inking stamps, daters, markers, name tags, awards, wall signs, plaques. 364-3141, 109 W.4th St., email@example.com
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is responsible for errors in ads/legals for one time ONLY! If you see a mistake in your ad/legal, please contact us before the next scheduled run so that we may correct the error. Thank you.
• NOTICE: You will be amazed at the response you get when you place an ad on this page! Prices start at just $3.55!
• *The Heart of Jackson Humane Society shelter is located at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton and is open from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday and at other times by appointment. For more information, call 364-5156.
At Your Service
• AAA MICK TREE SERVICE. Kansas Certified Arborist. Tree care and removal. Aerial equipped. Stump Removal. Insured. Free estimates. Holton, Kan., 785-364-5088 or 785-383-6670.
• CHRIS WOLTJE CONSTRUCTION: Specializing in replacement windows, vinyl siding, room additions, decks and any other Interior or Exterior work, large or small. Call for Estimate, 785-633-4429.
• EASTSIDE STORAGE, Fourth and Vermont, Holton, (785)364-3404. Storage compartments for rent.
• ELLIS & PEREZ Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning, Deluth, KS. 1-785-458-9695 or 1-785-948-2398.
• GROOMING, all critters welcome! Call Tracie at 785-383-0862.
• Hydraulic repair, will overhaul cylinders/replace any hose assembly. Call Tony at 785-806-1935.
• PROPERTY CLEANERS: Norma 1-785-256-1472. Reasonable rates, detail cleaning, painting, interior/exterior, deck staining. References available.
• TREE TRIMMING & REMOVAL, aerial equipment, stump removal, free estimates, insured. Larrison Tree Service, 364-3743, Call anytime.
Local Youth At Your Service
• Mowing, trimming and bagging available! Saving money for college. 785-207-0457.
• Young, ambitious local youth looking to mow and trim yards or provide other lawn needs to residents in and around Holton and Denison. Please contact Jarred at 785-221-7601.
• DAYCARE IN HOLTON has openings. SRS-accepted. Call Sherry at 785-383-9269.
• CAT NEEDS A HOME: Mostly gray w/a little white, male, about 2-years-old, fixed, declawed on front paws. Very sweet and needs a good home. Please call Michael at 785-806-0833.
• The Heart of Jackson Humane Society is seeking donations of several items for continued operations, as well as more volunteers to walk dogs at the shelter. For more information, call the shelter at 364-5156 or stop by the shelter at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton.
• AVOID BEING TAKEN! Before investing in classified ads on work-at-home opportunities, "Too Good To Be True" business opportunities, or advance fee loans, The Holton Recorder urges readers to visit the consumer protection website at www.InYourCornerKansas.org or call 1-800-432-2310.
• NOW HIRING CASHIER: Nights/weekends. Apply at Holton-66, 917 N.Fourth St./Holton. 785-364-2757
• Divans, chairs, recliners, rockers, kitchen tables, fancy dish-set, lamps, lift-chair, hospital chairs on wheels, beds, tables, walkers, PC table, king, queen, full, bunk beds, dressers, vintage oak chairs. George Uhl, 785-969-9167.
• UHL-APPLIANCES: Amana SXS refrigerator/freezer, $300; built-in dishwasher, $100; Frigidaire gas range, $200; Kenmore electric range, $150; clothes dryers. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• We have appliance parts in stock. Call Jayhawk TV & Appliance at 364-2241.
Lawn & Garden
• BULK 100% Decorative river rock, railroad ties, 785-851-0053.
• PLASTIC barrels for water, feed, storage, steel burn barrels, $20/each. Pet cages and carriers, 785-969-9167/Holton.
• Stop by and visit our roadside farmers' market! 4-miles west on Hwy.16. "Self-serve" produce as it becomes available. 364-6633
• 217 W.SIXTH ST./HOLTON: Thursday, noon-5pm/Friday, 8am-5pm/Saturday, 8am-noon. books, glassware, kitchen items, etc.
• 3-FAMILY GARAGE SALE: 16985 S-Road, Mayetta. Friday, July-31/Saturday, August-1, 8am-5pm. Countertops, kids' toys, retired Beanie Babies, ceramic range, tanning bed, just about everything!
• HUGE YARD SALE: Wednesday/Thursday/Friday, 9am-6pm, 304 Wisconsin. Furniture, miscellaneous.
• OUTSIDE TAG SALE: Beck-Bookman Library, corner of 4th/Kansas. Thursday, July-30, noon-7pm/Friday, July-31, 7:30am-6pm. Cash and carry only.
• YARD-SALE: 220 Vermont Ave., Holton. Friday, July-31/Saturday, Aug.-1, 8am-?
• COAST-TO-COAST: Carports, garages, storage sheds, barns, livestock shelters, motor home carports, commercial buildings. Dealer: George Uhl, Sr. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• FOR-SALE: Large newspaper end rolls, many at about 60 pounds. $1/pound plus tax. Great for table covers for all occasions, among other practical uses. Visit The Holton Recorder office, 109 W. 4th St./Holton or call David at 364-3141.
• FOR-SALE: Smoker on wheels. 785-935-2221
• Oak, ash, hackberry, walnut, for camping and smoking meats. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• NICE 1-BEDROOM UPSTAIRS APARTMENT: No smokers/pets, $390/month. 785-935-2390
• 1-TO-2-BEDROOM APARTMENT for rent in Holton near Square. Call Carol at 364-0126.
• 2-BEDROOM, 1-BATHROOM HOUSE: Stove, refrigerator, garage, shop, basement, CA/CH. $650/month, $650/deposit. 785-945-6629 or 785-256-5429.
• 3-BEDROOM DUPLEX (lower): 522 Iowa/Holton. Full basement, garage. 364-3309
• 3-BEDROOM FARMHOUSE on J-Road: Refrigerator/stove, CA, no pets. 364-2205
• FOR SALE/RENT: 2-bedroom, 1-bathroom w/detached garage, 110 New York, Holton. 785-215-2829
• FOR SALE/RENT: 3-to-4-bedroom house in Holton. 785-408-0058
• NEWLY REMODELED 1-bedroom apartment for rent. Water/trash paid, no smoking/pets. Available now. 785-565-4189. References required, $425/month.
• FOR-SALE BY OWNER: 5-bedroom, 3-bathroom house. 2,600-square feet. Call or text for showing: 785-383-0862.
• HOME FOR SALE: 409 Illinois Ave./Holton. Must see to appreciate! If you want a low maintenance, easy-to-heat or cool home, this is the home for you! Call 851-0481 or 851-0013.
• NEW LOWER PRICE! Soldier: Like-new, 15-year-old ranch style manufactured home with 1,976 sq.ft. plus basement on approximately 10-acres, but not your typical, manufactured. Many upgrades included, with 4-bedrooms, 2-bathrooms. Full basement finish includes large game room, store room, dark room and work shop, outbuildings. Very well kept property, only $114,900. Pearl Real Estate/Appraisal Services, Inc. Mike Pearl, Broker. 785-437-6007
• OFFICE FOR RENT: Call 364-3394.
• FOR-SALE: 16-foot utility trailer, 5-foot ramps, new treated wooden floor, $1,200. 972-922-2702
• FOR-SALE: 2006 Dodge Stratus, good condition, no rust, 121,000 miles, $2,500. 785-933-3622
• FOR-SALE: 2000 Ford F150, RWD, 127k miles, $2,500. 785-966-3064
• FOR-SALE: Tag-along pull-behind motorcycle trailer. 785-935-2221