Week of 6/20/18
• *ALCOHOL PROBLEM with family member or friend? Holton Al-ANON family group, Wednesdays, 7p.m., Evangel United Methodist Church, East door, go to Library, Rm.104.
• *Hours at the JCMA New Hope Center Food Pantry, located at Fifth Street and Wisconsin Avenue in the Holton First Christian Church basement, are from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursdays. For more information, call 362-7021.
• *NEED A BANKRUPTCY? Payment options available. Paperwork can be done by mail. Free information. Euler Law Offices, LLP, Troy, KS 66087. Call (785)985-3561. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
• A consistent advertising plan with your local newspaper, informing your customers about how you can serve them, builds consumer confidence and trust in your business. Visit with The Holton Recorder advertising experts about how to grow your successful business. Simply call us at 785-364-3141. We are here to help your business reach your goals!
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is a local dealer for Superior Rubber Stamp and Seal Company of Wichita. Contact The Recorder for the following supplies: Pre-inked stamps, self-inking stamps, daters, markers, name tags, awards, wall signs, plaques. 364-3141, 109 W.4th St., email@example.com
• *The Heart of Jackson Humane Society shelter is located at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton and is open from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday and at other times by appointment. For more information, call 364-5156.
At Your Service
• AAA MICK TREE SERVICE. Kansas Certified Arborist. Aerial equipped. Stump Removal. Insured. Free estimates. Holton, Kan., 785-383-6670.
• AT YOUR SERVICE: Need stuff done? Cleaning? Adult day care? Errands run? Sewing? Furniture refinishing? Just ask! Give me a call: 785-817-5972. Ask for Sara Anderson.
• CHRIS WOLTJE CONSTRUCTION: Specializing in replacement windows, vinyl siding, room additions, decks and any other Interior or Exterior work, large or small. Call for Estimate, 785-633-4429.
• EASTSIDE STORAGE, Fourth and Vermont, Holton, (785)364-3404. Storage compartments for rent.
• MASTIFF PAINTING: General Construction, building/home repair/maintenance, power washing. No-Job-Too-Small, 30-Years-Experience. Free Estimates. 785-851-0911.
• MC REPAIR: Small Engine Repair and Maintenance. Holton, 785-851-1929.
• TREE TRIMMING & Removal, aerial equipment, stump removal, free estimates, insured. KCAT Tree Service, 785-305-0295.
Local Youth At Your Service
• LIERZ LAWN CARE MOWING and trimming available. Looking to add a few more yards to help with college. Satisfaction guaranteed, (785)207-0457.
Lost & Found
• FOUND: (2)Kittens, tabby/white, 8-to-10-weeks-old, at 4th & Iowa/Holton. Call Banner Creek Animal Hospital, 785-364-4560.
• FOUND: Hound mix, male, has brindle, at 4800 block of 226th Rd./Holton. Call Banner Creek Animal Hospital, 364-4560.
• FOUND: Jack Russell Terrier, male, white w/tan spots, has collar. Found at Jackson County Helping Hands. Call Banner Creek Animal Hospital, 364-4560.
• MISSING: BLACK ANGUS BULL from 198th and M Roads. Hot Brand on left hip. (316)650-7034.
• The Heart of Jackson Humane Society is seeking donations of several items for continued operations, as well as more volunteers to walk dogs at the shelter. For more information, call the shelter at 364-5156 or stop by the shelter at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton.
• AVOID BEING TAKEN! Before investing in classified ads on work-at-home opportunities, "Too Good To Be True" business opportunities, or advance fee loans, The Holton Recorder urges readers to visit the consumer protection website at www.InYourCornerKansas.org or call 1-800-432-2310.
• DRIVERS: CDL-A: Make $80K/year! $2,000 Sign-on bonus! Weekends off! Family benefits only $75/month! No-slip seat. Flexible runs. No touch freight. Part-Timers NEEDED! 855-599-4608.
• HOUSEKEEPER/FRONT DESK help needed at Super-8 Motel, Holton. Apply in person, 300 S.Arizona Ave.
• Red Roof Inn is now hiring! Pick up application: 115 South Highway 75. No phone calls please.
• YOUTH INSTRUCTOR positions for Kids Thrive! program. Information at www.thrivejaco.com.
• We have appliance parts in stock. Call Jayhawk TV & Appliance at 364-2241.
Lawn & Garden
• BULK 100% Decorative river rock. 785-851-0053.
• OPEN TOP PLASTIC BARREL, $10; plastic feed barrel w/lid, $20; steel oil barrels, $20; heavy-duty burn barrels, $25; 40-lb. bags coal, $15; Eggs; ducks, roosters, female rabbits. Holton, 785-969-9167.
• MOVING SALE: Rich Mulroy-418 Navaho, Holton. TOOL & YARD. Friday, June 22 7a.m.-7p.m., Saturday, June 23 7a.m.-1p.m. Sears 18" motorized scroll saw & blades; Sears 10" compound miter saw on cart; Sears 8" table saw with accessories; 18" electric chain saw; electric had saw; sanders; auto ramps; jack stands; electric hedge trimmers; electric adj pole saw-new; post hole digger; wheel barrel; flower pots; concrete bench; rakes, shovels; garden tools. Too many more to list!
• UHL'S WAREHOUSE-APPLIANCES, FURNITURE; Nice toilet; Refrigerators; kitchen stoves; washers; dryers; dishwasher; doors; windows; sink; handicap mobility chairs; scooters; hospital beds as low as $100; electric lift chairs, recliners, barrels. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• COAST-TO-COAST: Carports (order before Fall!), garages, storage sheds, barns, livestock shelters, motor home carports, commercial buildings. Dealer: George Uhl, Sr. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• MIXED CAMPING WOOD: Smoking, oak, hickory, barrels, warehouse racks. 785-969-9167.
• 1-BEDROOM APARTMENT: Furnished, deposit required, no pets. 785-364-4676/785-408-3261.
• HOLTON HOUSING AUTHORITY is accepting applications for apartments. Call 785-364-2130 for details.
• FOR SALE: 110 NEW YORK/Holton. 2-bedroom, 1-bathroom, detached garage. Quiet neighborhood. New roof. $67,000. (785)215-2829.
• FOR SALE: IN NETAWAKA; 3-bedroom, 2-bath, Trailer & lots with old 2-car garage. Needs T.L.C., (has a wheelchair ramp). $16,500-as-is, (785)305-0148.
• FOR-SALE-BY-OWNER/AGENT: 518 Montana, Holton. 3-Bedroom, 1-bath, 1-car attached garage. Nicely remodeled. Real hardwood floors, new roof, 3-season porch. $109,900. Call Bruce @ (913)226-8110.
• 1998 CHRYSLER, 4-door, Sierra, 107K miles, cold air, good! $950. (785)845-5444.
• FOR-SALE: 1997 BMW F-650 dual sport motorcycle. 785-383-1955, leave message.
• FOR SALE: 1988 Starcraft Medalist 1901 Ski Boat, 19ft., 175hp inboard motor, excellent condition, runs good, looks good, always been winterized and stored inside. (785)364-3141 days-ask for Dave or (785)364-3800 evenings.
• This is a public notice to Carrie R. Chaney that the property abandoned at Southview Apartments, 110 S.Pennsylvania Ave.#106, Holton, will be moved/disposed of/donated if not removed from the property by July 18, 2018. Please contact Donna Powers, manager, 785-364-5074.