Week of 10/7/15
• *ALCOHOL PROBLEM with family member or friend? Holton Al-ANON family group, Wednesdays, 7p.m., Evangel United Methodist Church, East door, go to Library, Rm.104.
• *Hours at the JCMA New Hope Center Food Pantry, located at Fifth Street and Wisconsin Avenue in the Holton First Christian Church basement, are from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursdays. For more information, call 364-7021.
• *NEED A BANKRUPTCY? Payment options available. Paperwork can be done by mail. Free information. Euler Law Offices, LLP, Troy, KS 66087. Call (785)985-3561. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
• A consistent advertising plan with your local newspaper, informing your customers about how you can serve them, builds consumer confidence and trust in your business. Visit with The Holton Recorder advertising experts about how to grow your successful business. Simply call us at 785-364-3141. We are here to help your business reach your goals!
• All churches, organizations, clubs and businesses wanted for Christmas Parade of Lights! For more information, contact David at The Holton Recorder, 364-3141.
• COFFEE-WITH-FRIENDS: 10am Thursdays, Vintage Park-Holton. Everyone welcome/free to community!
• If you live in Jackson County and are not a current subscriber of The Holton Recorder, you are eligible to receive the FREE Jackson County Shopper mailed each week! Call our office at 364-3141 for details!
• NOTICE: Don't forget to order your Holton Recorder! Subscriptions start at 41 cents per issue!
• NOTICE: Fall is a good time to sell unwanted items here in The Holton Recorder classified section!
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is a local dealer for Superior Rubber Stamp and Seal Company of Wichita. Contact The Recorder for the following supplies: Pre-inked stamps, self-inking stamps, daters, markers, name tags, awards, wall signs, plaques. 364-3141, 109 W.4th St., firstname.lastname@example.org
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is responsible for errors in ads/legals for one time ONLY! If you see a mistake in your ad/legal, please contact us before the next scheduled run so that we may correct the error. Thank you.
• NOTICE: You will be amazed at the response you get when you place an ad on this page! Prices start at just $3.55!
• *The Heart of Jackson Humane Society shelter is located at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton and is open from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday and at other times by appointment. For more information, call 364-5156.
At Your Service
• AAA MICK TREE SERVICE. Kansas Certified Arborist. Tree care and removal. Aerial equipped. Stump Removal. Insured. Free estimates. Holton, Kan., 785-364-5088 or 785-383-6670.
• ALTERATIONS: Bridal or any kind of sewing. Call Cindy Meyer, 966-2492.
• BUYING BLACK WALNUTS! Starting at $14/100 pounds after we hull. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday only, 10am-4pm, during October. Where the BIG MUMS are, at Valley Lawn & Garden, Valley Falls. 785-945-3642
• CHRIS WOLTJE CONSTRUCTION: Specializing in replacement windows, vinyl siding, room additions, decks and any other Interior or Exterior work, large or small. Call for Estimate, 785-633-4429.
• EASTSIDE STORAGE, Fourth and Vermont, Holton, (785)364-3404. Storage compartments for rent.
• ELLIS & PEREZ Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning, Deluth, KS. 1-785-458-9695 or 1-785-948-2398.
• Hydraulic repair, will overhaul cylinders/replace any hose assembly. Call Tony at 785-806-1935.
• PROPERTY CLEANERS: Norma 1-785-256-1472. Reasonable rates, detail cleaning, painting, interior/exterior, deck staining. References available.
• TONZ OF SUDZ grooming/boarding. All animals welcome. Text or call Tracie at 785-383-0862.
• TREE TRIMMING & REMOVAL, aerial equipment, stump removal, free estimates, insured. Larrison Tree Service, 364-3743, Call anytime.
Lost & Found
• FOUND: Male black/brown Fox Hound, 3-4-years-old, orange collar, on L-Road 1/2-mile south of K16 Highway. For more information, please contact Banner Creek Animal Hospital at 364-4560.
• FOUND: Male white Pointer, purple collar, 6-to-7-years-old, in Larkinburg. For more information, please contact Banner Creek Animal Hospital at 364-4560.
• FOR-ADOPTION: Grey neutered Schnauzer mix, 3-to-4-years-old; male Brindle Mastiff, 2-to-3-years-old; Japanese Chin mix, male, 1-to-2-years-old; brown/white Lab mix, 5-to-6-years-old, male; Husky mix, 9-months-old, male; German Shepherd, male, 3-to-4-years-old. For more information, please contact Banner Creek Animal Hospital at 364-4560.
• The Heart of Jackson Humane Society is seeking donations of several items for continued operations, as well as more volunteers to walk dogs at the shelter. For more information, call the shelter at 364-5156 or stop by the shelter at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton.
• AVOID BEING TAKEN! Before investing in classified ads on work-at-home opportunities, "Too Good To Be True" business opportunities, or advance fee loans, The Holton Recorder urges readers to visit the consumer protection website at www.InYourCornerKansas.org or call 1-800-432-2310.
• Are you a foodie? Would you like to cook for Boomers' Steakhouse? Now hiring part-time prep/line cook! Apply in person: Boomers' Steakhouse, 401 Colorado Ave./Holton.
• HELP WANTED: Full-time, Frankfort Meats. 785-292-4436
• WANTED: Class-A CDL Driver. 2-years experience, clean driving record, home on weekends. Call 785-554-9442.
• Work in a job that changes the lives of little children. We have an opening for an Assistant Teacher in Jackson County Head Start Center. Starting salary is $8.38. Must be 24-years-old, and able to get CDL. please go to www.nekcap.org for job description and application. NEK-CAP, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
• UHL-FURNITURE: Nice large Cride mobility electric chair, $500; bunk bed, $250; roll-away bed, $100; chest of drawers w/mirror, $75; loft bed, $150; electric lift chair, $200; hide-a-bed couch, $200; tables, chairs, couches, dressers, beds, handicap equipment. 785-969-9167.
• UHL-APPLIANCES: Whirlpool washer, $150; Sears 13-cu.ft. chest freezer, $200; Maytag dryer, $180; Kenmore electric range, $150; Whirlpool n.gas range, $250; dishwashers, double-SS sink w/faucets, $50. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• We have appliance parts in stock. Call Jayhawk TV & Appliance at 364-2241.
Lawn & Garden
• 300-GAL. poly tank w/cage, $100; plastic barrels for water, feed, storage, steel burn barrels, $20/each. Pet cages and carriers, 785-969-9167/Holton.
• BULK 100% Decorative river rock, railroad ties, 785-851-0053.
• Stop by and visit our roadside farmers' market! 4-miles west on Hwy.16. "Self-serve" produce as it becomes available. 364-6633
• 226 NEW JERSEY/HOLTON: Saturday, Oct.10, 8am-3pm. Nice kitchenware, entertainment center, Rubbermaid shed, table hockey game, weed-eater, nice clothes.
• 320 NEW YORK/HOLTON: Saturday, Oct.10, 8am-12pm. Pumpkins and more!
• MINI GARAGE SALE for the gals: 400 Wyoming Ave./Holton, Saturday, Oct.10, 8am.
• MOVING SALE: 24699 M-Road, Circleville, watch for signs. Saturday, Oct.10, 8am-? Upright freezer, generator, chainsaw, oak entertainment center, 18-foot camper (fixer-upper).
• MULTI-FAMILY YARD SALE west of Hwy.75 and 174th-Road, south to sale. Friday-Saturday, Oct.9-10, 8am-6pm. Some furniture, plants, Budweiser items, nice clothes, lots of miscellaneous.
• 32" OUTSIDE DOOR w/window, $75; doors, windows, sinks, shutters. 785-969-9167
• *Free Bible Correspondence Course-Certificate awarded at completion. Contact: Northside Church of Christ, 555 NW 46th St., Topeka, KS 66617, phone 785-286-2124.
• FOR-SALE: Large newspaper end rolls, many at about 60 pounds. $1/pound plus tax. Great for table covers for all occasions, among other practical uses. Visit The Holton Recorder office, 109 W. 4th St./Holton or call David at 364-3141.
• FOR-SALE: Several sizes of matted custom-made Hobby Lobby frames. Great for family portraits or senior pictures. Call 785-230-9546.
• New barrel stove, $100; oak, ash, locust, hackberry, walnut, for camping and smoking meats. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• 1-BEDROOM APARTMENT in Holton: Available now! $325/month, no pets. 785-484-2026
• 3-BEDROOM HOUSE in Holton: $645/rent, $600/deposit. 785-969-2747
• DUPLEX FOR RENT: 2-bedrooms, 1-bathroom, laundry room, located in Mayetta. Rent $550/deposit $550. Available Sept.1. Please call 785-966-2217.
• FOR-RENT: Hair stylist, barber, nail technician suite: 104 W.5th./Holton. Window frontage, $495, all utilities paid. Contact Joni, 785-364-7153.
• MOBILE HOME: Newly updated, 3-bedrooms/2-bathrooms with washer/dryer hookups. $500/month. Please contact Dave at 785-410-8442.
• SMALL 3-BEDROOM HOUSE in Holton: $600/rent, $600/deposit. 785-969-2747
• STORAGES FOR RENT: Lorma's Rentals/Storage. 785-362-6111
• SUPER CLEAN/NICE 1-and-2-bedroom apartments. Heat and water included in rent. Outside covered porch, laundry/carport available. No smoking/pets, $450-rent. 785-341-8198.
• HOME FOR SALE: 409 Illinois Ave./Holton. Must see to appreciate! If you want a low maintenance, easy-to-heat or cool home, this is the home for you! Call 851-0481 or 851-0013.
• NEW LOWER PRICE! Soldier: Like-new, 15-year-old ranch style manufactured home with 1,976 sq.ft. plus basement on approximately 10-acres, but not your typical, manufactured. Many upgrades included, with 4-bedrooms, 2-bathrooms. Full basement finish includes large game room, store room, dark room and work shop, outbuildings. Very well kept property, only $114,900. Pearl Real Estate/Appraisal Services, Inc. Mike Pearl, Broker. 785-437-6007
• OFFICE FOR RENT: Call 364-3394.
• FOR-SALE: 2003 Chevy Venture, 8-passenger, 168k-miles, $2,000. 785-305-0574
• FOR-SALE: 2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse, sun-roof, spoiler, good shape, $2,750. 785-220-1571 or 785-966-2821.