Week of 11/23/22
At Your Service
• AAA MICK TREE SERVICE. Kansas Certified Arborist. Aerial equipped. Stump Removal. Insured. Free estimates. Holton, Kan., 785-383-6670.
• HOLTON AUTO PARTS, Inc. (NAPA) is open 7 days a week - 8a.m.-6p.m. Monday-Friday, 8a.m.-2p.m. Saturday and 10a.m.-2p.m. Sunday. 364-3136.
• *ALCOHOL PROBLEM with family member or friend? Holton Al-ANON family group, Wednesdays, 7pm, Evangel United Methodist Church, across from church library.
• *Hours at the JCMA New Hope Center Food Pantry, located at Fifth Street and Wisconsin Avenue in the Holton First Christian Church basement, are from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Thursdays. For more information, call 362-7021.
• *The Heart of Jackson Humane Society shelter is located at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton and is open from 1p.m. to 4p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays. We are closed Sundays and Mondays. For more information, call 364-5156.
• A CONSISTENT advertising plan with your local newspaper, informing your customers about how you can serve them, builds consumer confidence and trust in your business. Visit with The Holton Recorder advertising experts about how to grow your successful business. Simply call us at 785-364-3141.
• NEED A RUBBER STAMP? The Holton Recorder is a local dealer for Superior Rubber Stamp and Seal Company of Wichita. Contact The Recorder for the following supplies: Pre-inked stamps, self-inking stamps, daters, markers, name tags, awards, wall signs, plaques. 364-3141, 109 W.4th St., firstname.lastname@example.org
• WORD CLASSIFIED ADS in The Holton Recorder are placed FREE online at www.holtonrecorder.net!
• FOR SALE: Registered Mini Aussies. Call 913-370-5697.
• SMALL NUMBER OF BIG Bales of Brome needed this winter. Please leave a message at 785-305-0549.
• The Heart of Jackson Humane Society is collecting aluminum cans to recycle. Please place bags of aluminum cans near building. They will be picked up every day. Aluminum cans only (no vegetable cans). Also needed are volunteers to walk dogs at the shelter and assist with fund-raising. For more information, call the shelter at 364-5156 or stop by the shelter at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton.
• WANTED: Someone to remove/pickup old mini-refrigerator from Holton Recorder upstairs and an old dryer and three bigger microwaves from garage for salvage. 785-851-0013 or Monday-Friday daytime 785-364-3141.
• HIRING HOUSEKEEPER at Super 8 Motel. Weekends mandatory. Transportation to work preferred. Competitive hours. Mostly 8a.m.-4p.m. 401K offered. Stop by for an application, 300 S. Arizona Ave. (Hwy.75), Holton.
• SEEKING: Rural Water District #3 Bookkeeper. Part time. Five days a week, five hours each day. Highly proficient in Word, Excel, ten key calculator, emails, and other office equipment. Excellent Benefit Package. For a job application contact Brenda L. Adkins at 411 New York Avenue, Holton, KS or call the office at (785)364-3056 or send an email to email@example.com .
• WANTED: SOMEONE to help w/firewood on weekends. 785-933-2171.
• NICE, CLEAN GE Electric Stove, 1-owner, $200; Whirlpool Gold Natural Gas Range w/full cast iron top, like-new, $300. 785-969-9167, Holton.
• We have appliance parts in stock. Call Jayhawk TV & Appliance at 364-2241.
• FOR SALE: Household Appliances; Furniture; Handi-cap Equipment; Barrels; Firewood; Doors; Windows; Sinks; Fireplace Wood. 785-969-9167 - George Uhl.
• THIS IS THE LAST year for decorating my house at 519 New Jersey Ave., Holton. Everything is for sale. It all has to be sold. There are Christmas lights, wreaths, garland, set of penguins, handmade homemade train, numerous extension cords. Sale will go on until everything is sold. Just come by and knock on the door or call 785-554-5090.
• SEASONED FIREWOOD for sale: 5 Cords Oak, 2 cords Hedge, 1 cord Locust, 1 cord Ash. 785-933-2171.
• SPLIT HICKORY, HEDGE, Oak, Locust, Hackberry, Walnut, Stove Pipes, Type B Gas Pipes. 785-969-9167, Holton, George Uhl.
• IF YOU BELIEVE you have been the victim of identity theft, robocall scam or an ad scam, you can file a report online with the Consumer Protection Division at www.InYourCornerKansas.org or call 1-800-432-2310. Any questionable ads in The Holton Recorder please call, 364-3141.