Week of 2/14/18
• *ALCOHOL PROBLEM with family member or friend? Holton Al-ANON family group, Wednesdays, 7p.m., Evangel United Methodist Church, East door, go to Library, Rm.104.
• *Hours at the JCMA New Hope Center Food Pantry, located at Fifth Street and Wisconsin Avenue in the Holton First Christian Church basement, are from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursdays. For more information, call 362-7021.
• *NEED A BANKRUPTCY? Payment options available. Paperwork can be done by mail. Free information. Euler Law Offices, LLP, Troy, KS 66087. Call (785)985-3561. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
• A consistent advertising plan with your local newspaper, informing your customers about how you can serve them, builds consumer confidence and trust in your business. Visit with The Holton Recorder advertising experts about how to grow your successful business. Simply call us at 785-364-3141. We are here to help your business reach your goals!
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is a local dealer for Superior Rubber Stamp and Seal Company of Wichita. Contact The Recorder for the following supplies: Pre-inked stamps, self-inking stamps, daters, markers, name tags, awards, wall signs, plaques. 364-3141, 109 W.4th St., email@example.com
• NOTICE: You will be amazed at the response you get when you place an ad on this page! Price starts at just $3.55 for the first run, $2 each following run!
• *The Heart of Jackson Humane Society shelter is located at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton and is open from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday and at other times by appointment. For more information, call 364-5156.
• FOR-SALE: Small square bales of straw. 785-364-7109.
At Your Service
• AAA MICK TREE SERVICE. Kansas Certified Arborist. Aerial equipped. Stump Removal. Insured. Free estimates. Holton, Kan., 785-383-6670.
• ALTERATIONS: Any kind of sewing or mending. Call Cindy Meyer, 966-2492.
• CHRIS WOLTJE CONSTRUCTION: Specializing in replacement windows, vinyl siding, room additions, decks and any other Interior or Exterior work, large or small. Call for Estimate, 785-633-4429.
• EASTSIDE STORAGE, Fourth and Vermont, Holton, (785)364-3404. Storage compartments for rent.
• MASTIFF PAINTING: General Construction, building/home repair/maintenance, power washing. No-Job-Too-Small, 30-Years-Experience. Free Estimates. 785-851-0911.
• TREE TRIMMING & REMOVAL, aerial equipment, stump removal, free estimates, insured. Larrison Tree Service, 785-364-3743. Call anytime.
• Veterans will load and haul your hay. 913-704-9963, Veterans of Kansas.
• The Heart of Jackson Humane Society is seeking donations of several items for continued operations, as well as more volunteers to walk dogs at the shelter. For more information, call the shelter at 364-5156 or stop by the shelter at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton.
• WANTED: LARGE VINTAGE-STYLE Picture Frames. Please call (785)364-6506.
• AVOID BEING TAKEN! Before investing in classified ads on work-at-home opportunities, "Too Good To Be True" business opportunities, or advance fee loans, The Holton Recorder urges readers to visit the consumer protection website at www.InYourCornerKansas.org or call 1-800-432-2310.
• CNA/CMA: VINTAGE PARK in Holton is hiring for CNA/CMA, 2p.m.-10p.m. & 10p.m.-6a.m. shifts part-time. Apply in person - Vintage Park at Holton, 410 Juniper Dr., Holton, (785)364-5051.
• DOUG RICHERT Chevrolet Buick is looking to hire an Auto Sales Person. Must have valid DL. Drug-free workplace. Apply in person at 306 New York Ave., Holton.
• DRIVERS NEEDED NOW! No CDL, no credit? No problem! Start a new career with Swift's Job Placement! Call now! 855-816-4207.
• HELP-WANTED: Full-Time, weekends included. Must be able to lift 80-pounds, stock shelves, customer service. Includes benefits. Hours 9am-6pm. Pick up application at Holton Farm-&-Home, 925 W 6th/Hwy.75, Holton.
• Jobs and homes for veterans. Call Phil, 913-704-9963, Veterans of Kansas.
"I want to thank Veterans of Kansas for helping me find a job here in Holton. I called Phil Connor, and within a few minutes I was lined up to work the next week with Fred Ivey of All About Plumbing. Thanks to Phil and Fred for helping me and supporting veterans." M. Moody.
• LOCAL CLASS A CDL Driver: End Dump or Hopper. Home nightly. Wages depend on experience. Insurance available. 785-364-0499 or 785-223-2713.
• OTR CLASS A CDL Driver: End Dump or Hopper. Wages depend on experience. Insurance available. Home weekends or stay out. 785-364-0499 or 785-223-2713.
• We have an opening for an Assistant Teacher and a Program Aide in Jackson County Head Start. Starting salary is $9.16 adjustable by education and experience. Please go to www.nekcap.org for job description and application. Please submit application and proof of education to firstname.lastname@example.org. NEK-CAP, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
• We have an opening for a Center Manager in Jackson County Head Start Center. Entry level salary is $13.35 adjustable by education and experience. Please go to www.nekcap.org for job description and application. Please submit application and proof of education to email@example.com. NEK-CAP, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
• We have appliance parts in stock. Call Jayhawk TV & Appliance at 364-2241.
Lawn & Garden
• BULK 100% Decorative river rock. 785-851-0053.
• FOR-SALE: Lawn mower, 0-turn, 48" deck, 22HP, good condition. 785-741-0744.
• HOLTON GREENHOUSE: Starting Feb.15, Thursday-Saturday 11am-1pm (weather permitting). If we're here, come on in! 785-362-7070.
• OPEN TOP PLASTIC BARREL, $10; plastic feed barrel w/lid, $20; steel oil barrels, $20; heavy duty burn barrels, $25; 40-lb. bags coal, $15; duck eggs, $2/dz. Holton, 785-969-9167.
• UHL-APPLIANCES, FURNITURE: Refrigerators, kitchen stoves, doors, windows, sinks, handicap chairs, scooters, hospital beds, electric lift chairs, recliners, barrels. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• COAST-TO-COAST: Carports (order early before spring!), garages, storage sheds, barns, livestock shelters, motor home carports, commercial buildings. Dealer: George Uhl, Sr. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• SEASONED ash, oak, hackberry, hedge, locust, mulberry, mixed woods, 40lb. bags coal $15, barrels. 785-969-9167.
Want To Rent
• Young farmer in search of pasture to rent. Will maintain fences and good steward of the land. Call 402-540-7733.
• 1-BEDROOM APARTMENT: Furnished, deposit required, no pets. 785-364-4676/785-408-3261.
• 1-OR-2-BEDROOM APARTMENT with stove, refrigerator, new flooring/paint. Outside porch, laundry available on-site. $450/rent, includes heat/water bill. No smoking/pets. 785-341-8198
• APARTMENT-FOR-RENT: Upstairs/Holton. Very large 2-bedroom with washer/dryer hookups. 785-305-1614.
• FOR-SALE: 2017 Dirksen 9'x13' metal storage building, 4'x8' door, like-new, contract available, $750. 785-845-5444.