Week of 5/25/16
• *ALCOHOL PROBLEM with family member or friend? Holton Al-ANON family group, Wednesdays, 7p.m., Evangel United Methodist Church, East door, go to Library, Rm.104.
• *Hours at the JCMA New Hope Center Food Pantry, located at Fifth Street and Wisconsin Avenue in the Holton First Christian Church basement, are from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursdays. For more information, call 364-7021.
• *NEED A BANKRUPTCY? Payment options available. Paperwork can be done by mail. Free information. Euler Law Offices, LLP, Troy, KS 66087. Call (785)985-3561. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
• A consistent advertising plan with your local newspaper, informing your customers about how you can serve them, builds consumer confidence and trust in your business. Visit with The Holton Recorder advertising experts about how to grow your successful business. Simply call us at 785-364-3141. We are here to help your business reach your goals!
• NOTICE: Don't forget to order your Holton Recorder! Subscriptions start at 42 cents per issue!
• NOTICE: Spring is a good time to sell unwanted items here in The Holton Recorder classified section!
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is a local dealer for Superior Rubber Stamp and Seal Company of Wichita. Contact The Recorder for the following supplies: Pre-inked stamps, self-inking stamps, daters, markers, name tags, awards, wall signs, plaques. 364-3141, 109 W.4th St., firstname.lastname@example.org
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is responsible for errors in ads/legals for one time ONLY! If you see a mistake in your ad/legal, please contact us before the next scheduled run so that we may correct the error. Thank you.
• NOTICE: You will be amazed at the response you get when you place an ad on this page! Prices start at just $3.55!
• *The Heart of Jackson Humane Society shelter is located at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton and is open from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday and at other times by appointment. For more information, call 364-5156.
At Your Service
• AAA MICK TREE SERVICE. Kansas Certified Arborist. Tree care and removal. Aerial equipped. Stump Removal. Insured. Free estimates. Holton, Kan., 785-364-5088 or 785-383-6670.
• ALTERATIONS: Bridal, prom or any kind of sewing. Call Cindy Meyer, 966-2492.
• CHRIS WOLTJE CONSTRUCTION: Specializing in replacement windows, vinyl siding, room additions, decks and any other Interior or Exterior work, large or small. Call for Estimate, 785-633-4429.
• DAVIDSON EXCAVATING/Dump Trucking: Top-soil, fill-dirt, fill-sand, deco rock (large/small), pea gravel, driveway rock. Available 7-days/week. Call 785-935-2441.
• EASTSIDE STORAGE, Fourth and Vermont, Holton, (785)364-3404. Storage compartments for rent.
• JASON HILL FENCING: Repair or build barbwire fence. 785-364-6217.
• PROPERTY CLEANERS: Norma 1-785-256-1472. Reasonable rates, detail cleaning, painting, interior/exterior, deck staining. References available.
• TREE TRIMMING & REMOVAL, aerial equipment, stump removal, free estimates, insured. Larrison Tree Service, 364-3743, Call anytime.
Local Youth At Your Service
• LAWN MOWING SERVICE: Mow, trim and bag as requested, saving money for college. Call 785-207-0457.
Lost & Found
• FOUND: Male Lab mix, black with white chest. For more information, contact Banner Creek Animal Hospital, 364-4560.
• 2-TIME National Championship Setter pups: (5)males, $400/each. 785-506-3129
• FOR-ADOPTION: (1)Female Brittany Spaniel, (1)Female Lab/Hound mix. For more information, contact Banner Creek Animal Hospital, 364-4560.
• Happy Jack Liquivic: Recognized safe and effective against hook/roundworms by US CVM. Wege's Feed Service, Hoyt and Holton (364-4761). (kennelvax.com)
• ANGUS BULLS FOR-SALE: Ron Kuglin, 364-7458.
• CAROLINE'S HORSESHOEING/TRIMMING, Topeka. Halter-broke colts, ponies and small donkeys welcome. 30-years experience. 785-215-1513. No texts.
• FOR SALE: FEEDER Pigs or Butcher Hogs. Please call 785-364-2018.
• The Heart of Jackson Humane Society is seeking donations of several items for continued operations, as well as more volunteers to walk dogs at the shelter. For more information, call the shelter at 364-5156 or stop by the shelter at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton.
• AVOID BEING TAKEN! Before investing in classified ads on work-at-home opportunities, "Too Good To Be True" business opportunities, or advance fee loans, The Holton Recorder urges readers to visit the consumer protection website at www.InYourCornerKansas.org or call 1-800-432-2310.
• Come join our winning team! Cook/Prep Cook position available immediately. Apply in person at Boomers' Steakhouse, 401 Colorado Ave., Holton-KS.
• Doniphan County Ambulance District-#1 is accepting applications for a full-time Assistant Director/Education Manager. Candidates must have a high school diploma or acceptable equivalent, a valid Kansas driver's license, pass a pre-employment drug screen, and be certified as a Kansas Paramedic, or AEMT and a Training Officer-1 or higher, or obtain within 6-months of employment. Doniphan County Ambulance District-#1 is an E.O.E. and offers a wide range of benefits to include health, vision and dental insurance, plus KPERS retirement. Applications may be picked up at Troy City Hall or by email email@example.com. A full job description is available. Position is open until filled. Any questions should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Drivers: CDL-A. PT/FT. $2k sign-on! Newer model equipment. Excellent pay, weekends off! Union benefits, no slip seat. Flexible runs. 855-599-4608
• HELP WANTED: We have an opening for an Assistant Teacher in Jackson County Head Start. Starting salary is $8.70 adjustable by education and experience. This job will start in August. please go to www.nekcap.org for job description and application. Please submit application and proof of education to email@example.com. NEK-CAP, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
• HELP WANTED: Care attendant for a special needs 13-year-old boy. Must pass background check and a driver's license is required. Call 785-305-1430, leave message.
• HELP WANTED: Work in a job that changes the lives of little children. We have an opening for a Program Aide in Jackson County Head Start Center. Starting salary is $8.70/hour. Please go to www.nekcap.org for job description and application. Please submit application and proof of education to firstname.lastname@example.org. NEK-CAP, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
• UHL-FURNITURE: Mobility chair, new batteries, $500; Inva-care new electric hospital bed, $350; cat-napper, XXXL lift-chair, $400; Pride electric lift-chair with massage, $300; beige electric lift-chair, $180; portable massage table, $150; mounted 12-point elk-horns, $200; bunk bed, $200; roll-away bed, $100; loft bed, $150; hide-a-bed couch, $200; tables, chairs, couches, dressers, beds, handicap equipment. 785-969-9167.
• UHL-APPLIANCES: New white gas range, $200; Maytag washer, $100; Frigidaire frost-free refrigerator, $150; Maytag dryer, $200; Hot Point electric range, $150; built-in dishwasher, $100. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• We have appliance parts in stock. Call Jayhawk TV & Appliance at 364-2241.
Lawn & Garden
• BULK 100% Decorative river rock, railroad ties, 785-851-0053.
• NEW 6'x6' greenhouse, $80; 300-gal. poly tanks w/cage, $100/each; wheelbarrow, $50; plastic barrels for water, feed, storage, steel burn barrels, $20/each; open top plastic barrel, $10; steel barrel w/lid, $25. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• Stop by and visit our roadside farmers' market! 4-miles west on Hwy.16. Fresh eggs! "Self-serve" produce as it becomes available. 364-6633
• 32" OUTSIDE DOOR w/window, $75; 36" door, $50; doors, windows, sinks. 785-969-9167
• *Free Bible Correspondence Course-Certificate awarded at completion. Contact: Northside Church of Christ, 555 NW 46th St., Topeka, KS 66617, phone 785-286-2124.
• FOR-SALE: Large newspaper end rolls, many at about 60 pounds. $1/pound plus tax. Great for table covers for all occasions, among other practical uses. Visit The Holton Recorder office, 109 W. 4th St./Holton or call David at 364-3141.
• 2-BEDROOM HOUSE, 308 New Jersey/Holton. $500/Rent, $500/deposit. 364-3868.
• 2-BEDROOM HOUSE/HOLTON, with appliances, $600/month + deposit/$600. (785)305-0148.
• OFFICE SPACE for lease: Holton Square. Available June-1. Call Charlene, 785-851-0866.
• SPACIOUS 1-and-2-bedroom apartment for rent. No smoking/pets. Newer stove/refrigerator provided. Call or text with questions, 785-565-4189.
• FOR-SALE: 3-bedroom house, separate 2-car garage with workshop. 364-3310
• 3-BEDROOM, 1.5-BATHROOM farm house on corner lot with 5-acres in Netawaka. Please call or text Phil at 785-633-1338. Will send pics on request.
• OFFICE FOR RENT: Call 364-3394.
• FOR-SALE: 1966 Chevrolet Corvair, 2-door, very nice, sporty car, runs good, looks good. Call 785-364-3141 days or 785-364-3800 evenings.