Week of 5/20/15
• *ALCOHOL PROBLEM with family member or friend? Holton Al-ANON family group, Wednesdays, 7p.m., Evangel United Methodist Church, East door, go to Library, Rm.104.
• *Free Bible Correspondence Course-Certificate awarded at completion. Contact: Northside Church of Christ, 555 NW 46th St., Topeka, KS 66617, phone 785-286-2124.
• A consistent advertising plan with your local newspaper, informing your customers about how you can serve them, builds consumer confidence and trust in your business. Visit with The Holton Recorder advertising experts about how to grow your successful business. Simply call us at 785-364-3141. We are here to help your business reach your goals!
• COFFEE-WITH-FRIENDS: 10am Thursdays, Vintage Park-Holton. Everyone welcome/free to community!
• If you live in Jackson County and are not a current subscriber of The Holton Recorder, you are eligible to receive the FREE Jackson County Shopper mailed each week! Call our office at 364-3141 for details!
• NEED A BANKRUPTCY? Payment options available. Paperwork can be done by mail. Free information. Euler Law Offices, LLP, Troy, KS 66087. Call (785)985-3561. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
• NOTICE: Don't forget to order your Holton Recorder! Subscriptions start at 41 cents per issue!
• NOTICE: Spring is a good time to sell unwanted items here in The Holton Recorder classified section!
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is a local dealer for Superior Rubber Stamp and Seal Company of Wichita. Contact The Recorder for the following supplies: Pre-inked stamps, self-inking stamps, daters, markers, name tags, awards, wall signs, plaques. 364-3141, 109 W.4th St., email@example.com
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is responsible for errors in ads/legals for one time ONLY! If you see a mistake in your ad/legal, please contact us before the next scheduled run so that we may correct the error. Thank you.
• NOTICE: You will be amazed at the response you get when you place an ad on this page! Prices start at just $3.55!
At Your Service
• "HEAVEN'S BEST" carpet/upholstery cleaning. Serving Jackson County for 12-years. 785-364-5484.
• AAA MICK TREE SERVICE. Kansas Certified Arborist. Tree care and removal. Aerial equipped. Stump Removal. Insured. Free estimates. Holton, Kan., 785-364-5088 or 785-383-6670.
• CHRIS WOLTJE CONSTRUCTION: Specializing in replacement windows, vinyl siding, room additions, decks and any other Interior or Exterior work, large or small. Call for Estimate, 785-633-4429.
• EASTSIDE STORAGE, Fourth and Vermont, Holton, (785)364-3404. Storage compartments for rent.
• ELLIS & PEREZ Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning, Deluth, KS. 1-785-458-9695 or 1-785-948-2398.
• GROOMING, all critters welcome! Call Tracie at 785-383-0862.
• Hydraulic repair, will overhaul cylinders/replace any hose assembly. Call Tony at 785-806-1935.
• PROPERTY CLEANERS: Norma 1-785-256-1472. Reasonable rates, detail cleaning, painting, interior/exterior, deck staining. References available.
• TREE TRIMMING & REMOVAL, aerial equipment, stump removal, free estimates, insured. Larrison Tree Service, 364-3743, Call anytime.
Local Youth At Your Service
• Mowing, trimming and bagging available! Saving money for college. 785-207-0457.
• Young, ambitious local youth looking to mow and trim yards or provide other lawn needs to residents in and around Holton and Denison. Please contact Jarred at 785-221-7601.
• BENGAL CAT needs new home because dog hates cats. Neutered/declawed senior inside cat with no litterbox issues, $25. Call 785-580-8660.
• Happy Jack Liquivic: Recognized safe/effective against hook/roundworms by US Center for Veterinary Medicine. Wege's Feed Service, Hoyt/Holton (364-4761). (happyjackinc.com)
• AVOID BEING TAKEN! Before investing in classified ads on work-at-home opportunities, "Too Good To Be True" business opportunities, or advance fee loans, The Holton Recorder urges readers to visit the consumer protection website at www.InYourCornerKansas.org or call 1-800-432-2310.
• BOOMERS' STEAKHOUSE now hiring dishwasher. Apply in person, Boomers' Steakhouse, 401 Colorado, Holton,KS.
• Drivers-CDL-A. FT/PT. Excellent pay! Great hometime! Union benefits for FT! Excellent sign-on bonus. EOE. 855-599-4608
• DRIVERS: Local recruiting fair, Tuesday, May-26 through Friday, May-29, 8am-4pm. CDL (A or B) 2-years experience. Apply: TruckMovers.com. Walk-ins welcome. Hampton Inn and Suites, 7400 W.Frontage Rd., Merriam, KS 66203. Call Kim: 1-855-204-3216 or Wendy: 1-855-252-1616.
• EQUIPMENT OPERATOR: Retail operator needed for quarry near Onaga. Good pay/benefits. Apply at Hamm Companies, 609 Perry Place, Perry,KS. Equal Opportunity Employer
• NEK Environmental Services is seeking an Environmental Health Specialist. Part time w/flexible hours. Duties involve overseeing county Environmental Health Codes/Regulations including wastewater inspections, well inspections, and water screening. Degree in a natural science is preferred. Salary dependent upon experience/education. Applications available at NEKES, 201 S.Main, Troy, or at the bottom of the forms section on website www.nekes.org. Applications taken until position filled./EOE
• RESTAURANT CAREER? Part/Full Time Cook/Prep. Opportunity for advancement! Apply in person, Boomers' Steakhouse, 401 Colorado Ave./Holton.
• FOR-SALE: Kitchen cabinets, new in box, hickory front, Veneer wipe-down inside, soft close, uppers/lowers. Also includes bar cabinets! 785-872-3447
• We have appliance parts in stock. Call Jayhawk TV & Appliance at 364-2241.
Lawn & Garden
• BULK 100% Decorative river rock, railroad ties, 785-851-0053.
• Stop by and visit our roadside farmers' market! 4-miles west on Hwy.16. "Self-serve" produce as it becomes available. 364-6633
• 12085 214TH ROAD/HOLTON: 1/4-mile west off Hwy.75 on 214th-Road, across from new fairgrounds. Thursday-Friday, May 22-22, 8am-4pm. Generator, self-propelled push mower, fertilizer spreader, student desk, treadmill, yard tools, stereo/speakers, kitchen items, hunting hats, coats, shirts, shoes, purses, hospital scrubs, lots of miscellaneous.
• 25340 HWY.K79/Circleville: Friday-Saturday, May 22-23, 8am-? 25-gallon aquarium w/all accessories, go-cart in good condition, cassette player, TVs, miscellaneous.
• 4-FAMILY GARAGE SALE: May 21-22-23, 8am-4pm, 126-Pennsylvania. Furniture, lamps, clothes, shoes, kitchen, tools, fishing, toys, CDs, holiday, ladders, crafts, baked goods, sewing fabrics, much miscellaneous.
• FOR-SALE: Newspaper end rolls! $1/pound plus tax. Great for table covers for all occasions, among other practical uses. Visit The Holton Recorder office, 109 W. 4th St./Holton or call 364-3141 to schedule pickup.
• Own an old farmhouse? I buy old clothing, any condition considered. Not scared of dust or clutter. Phil, 913-777-4810.
• Hickory, oak, ash, hackberry, for camping and smoking meats. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• (3)NEW STORAGE UNITS: 10-feet by 20-feet, concrete floor, roll-up door. 364-0214
• NICE 1-BEDROOM UPSTAIRS APARTMENT: No smokers/pets, $390/month. 785-935-2390
• COUNTRY LIVING! $750/month, stone house near Onaga. 10-acres, corral, barn, 3-bedrooms, 2-bathrooms, available June-15. 785-478-9198
• Explore your entrepreneurial spirit! Beautiful, large retail or business space for rent on north side of Holton's Square: 106 W.5th, Holton. 1,500 sq.ft., large storage space in basement. Available June-1. Call 785-364-4626 or 785-851-9167 for showing.
• FOR-RENT: Small house, 833 New Jersey/Holton. $385/month. 364-2720
• NEWLY REMODELED 1-bedroom apartment for rent. Water/trash paid, no smoking/pets. Available now. 785-565-4189. References required, $425/month.
• OFFICE SPACE FOR LEASE: Approximately 1,280-sq.ft., includes small kitchen, 2nd-floor on the south side of the Square. $595/month, call 785-364-0110.
• STORAGE-UNIT: 12'X24', wood floor. No auto, roll-up door. 364-0214
• FOR-SALE: Large 4-bedroom, 2-bathroom house in Goff. 785-285-1647
• NEW LOWER PRICE! Soldier: Like-new, 15-year-old ranch style manufactured home with 1,976 sq.ft. plus basement on approximately 10-acres, but not your typical, manufactured. Many upgrades included, with 4-bedrooms, 2-bathrooms. Full basement finish includes large game room, store room, dark room and work shop, outbuildings. Very well kept property, only $114,900. Pearl Real Estate/Appraisal Services, Inc. Mike Pearl, Broker. 785-437-6007
• OPEN HOUSE: All day Monday, May-25! Beautiful home for sale! 2-bedrooms, 2-full bathrooms, 2-car garage, 417-Emerald Dr./Holton. $101,000/913-907-5816
• OFFICE FOR RENT: Call 364-3394.
• FOR-SALE: $1,000, 2000 Grand-Am. 785-383-2088.
• FOR-SALE: 1989 Chevy-S10, parts vehicle, new tires/windshield, does run! $950/785-872-3447
• FOR-SALE: Like-new 2010 camper, Keystone Cougar, 27-feet, pull-behind, large slide, table/chairs. Please see at 22089 P-Road/Holton. 319-350-1296