Week of 9/11/19
• *ALCOHOL PROBLEM with family member or friend? Holton Al-ANON family group, Wednesdays, 7p.m., Evangel United Methodist Church, East door, go to Library, Rm.104.
• *Hours at the JCMA New Hope Center Food Pantry, located at Fifth Street and Wisconsin Avenue in the Holton First Christian Church basement, are from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursdays. For more information, call 362-7021.
• *NEED A BANKRUPTCY? Payment options available. Paperwork can be done by mail. Free information. Euler Law Offices, LLP, Troy, KS 66087. Call (785)985-3561. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
• A consistent advertising plan with your local newspaper, informing your customers about how you can serve them, builds consumer confidence and trust in your business. Visit with The Holton Recorder advertising experts about how to grow your successful business. Simply call us at 785-364-3141. We are here to help your business reach your goals!
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is a local dealer for Superior Rubber Stamp and Seal Company of Wichita. Contact The Recorder for the following supplies: Pre-inked stamps, self-inking stamps, daters, markers, name tags, awards, wall signs, plaques. 364-3141, 109 W.4th St., email@example.com
• *The Heart of Jackson Humane Society shelter is located at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton and is open from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday and at other times by appointment. For more information, call 364-5156.
• HAY FOR SALE: $85/ton, (785)364-2669.
• SMALL SQUARE BALES of Wheat Straw for sale, (785)364-7109.
• WANT TO BUY: Old, flat-top guitars, any condition. Please call 364-3800 evenings.
At Your Service
• AAA MICK TREE SERVICE. Kansas Certified Arborist. Aerial equipped. Stump Removal. Insured. Free estimates. Holton, Kan., 785-383-6670.
• CHRIS WOLTJE CONSTRUCTION: Specializing in replacement windows, vinyl siding, room additions, decks and any other Interior or Exterior work, large or small. Call for Estimate, 785-633-4429.
• EASTSIDE STORAGE, Fourth and Vermont, Holton, (785)364-3404. Storage compartments for rent.
• MASTIFF PAINTING: General Construction, building/home repair/maintenance, power washing. No-Job-Too-Small, 30-Years-Experience. Free Estimates. 785-851-0911.
Lost & Found
• FOUND: 1 MALE, 1 female Terrier mix, both black & white, approximately 1-2 years old on 9000 block of 250th Rd., Circleville. FOUND: Hound mix, male, white w/tan patches, approximately 1 year old, on 4000 block 118th Rd., Delia. Please contact Banner Creek Animal Hospital, 364-4560.
• FREE ADORABLE KITTENS! 364-2863.
• The Heart of Jackson Humane Society is seeking donations of several items for continued operations, as well as more volunteers to walk dogs at the shelter. For more information, call the shelter at 364-5156 or stop by the shelter at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton.
• AVOID BEING TAKEN! Before investing in classified ads on work-at-home opportunities, "Too Good To Be True" business opportunities, or advance fee loans, The Holton Recorder urges readers to visit the consumer protection website at www.InYourCornerKansas.org or call 1-800-432-2310.
• We have appliance parts in stock. Call Jayhawk TV & Appliance at 364-2241.
Lawn & Garden
• BULK 100% Decorative river rock. 785-851-0053.
• GEORGE THRIFT HARDWARE: Call for plumbing, electrical, chain-link fence supplies, doors, windows, sinks, barrels, handicap equipment, beds, electric lift-chairs, wheelchairs, recliners, small items, furniture. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• BIG GARAGE SALE: Sept.12, 7:30am-5:30pm/Sept.13, 7:30am-4:30pm/Sept.14, 8am-2pm. 404 West 2nd St./Holton. Two families, lots of treasures! Household items, tools, antiques and collectibles, furniture and more!
• GARAGE SALE: 405 Nebraska, Wetmore, Friday & Saturday, Sept. 13 & 14, 8a.m.-? Miscellaneous garden tools; small smoker; curio cabinet; hunting dog carrier; miscellaneous kitchen things.
• COAST-TO-COAST: Order Now For Summer! Carports, garages, storage sheds, barns, livestock shelters, motor home carports, commercial buildings. Dealer: George Uhl, Sr. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• FOR SALE: DUMP CART, (785)364-6271.
• FOR SALE: STEEL CHIMNEY for Wood Stove, 19'-length, 10"-diameter. Reasonably priced. (785)364-2064.
• FOR SALE: 2.5 cubic yard Soil Mover, $1,500; 4-ton Fertilizer Spreader, $700. NW of Denison, Kansas, (785)727-0028.
• APARTMENT For Rent: 1-Bedroom, 1-Bath, all appliances furnished. Private deck. No pets or smokers. Utilities not included. Please call, (913)704-9963.
• DUPLEX IN HOYT across from school. 1,100sq.ft. with 2-bedrooms, 1-bath, large laundry room, single-car garage. Open floor plan, mostly new appliances, large master with walk-in closet. Must see. 10 minutes from Topeka. Dollar Store with groceries less than a mile. Non-smoking, no pets. Exterior maintenance provided including lawn care. Asking $750/month, (602)614-7183.
• SMALL 1-BEDROOM farm house: No smokers/inside pets. Deposit/references. $500/month. 785-872-3718.