Week of 7/20/16
• *ALCOHOL PROBLEM with family member or friend? Holton Al-ANON family group, Wednesdays, 7p.m., Evangel United Methodist Church, East door, go to Library, Rm.104.
• *Hours at the JCMA New Hope Center Food Pantry, located at Fifth Street and Wisconsin Avenue in the Holton First Christian Church basement, are from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursdays. For more information, call 364-7021.
• *NEED A BANKRUPTCY? Payment options available. Paperwork can be done by mail. Free information. Euler Law Offices, LLP, Troy, KS 66087. Call (785)985-3561. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
• A consistent advertising plan with your local newspaper, informing your customers about how you can serve them, builds consumer confidence and trust in your business. Visit with The Holton Recorder advertising experts about how to grow your successful business. Simply call us at 785-364-3141. We are here to help your business reach your goals!
• NOTICE: Don't forget to order your Holton Recorder! Subscriptions start at 42 cents per issue!
• NOTICE: Summer is a good time to sell unwanted items here in The Holton Recorder classified section!
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is a local dealer for Superior Rubber Stamp and Seal Company of Wichita. Contact The Recorder for the following supplies: Pre-inked stamps, self-inking stamps, daters, markers, name tags, awards, wall signs, plaques. 364-3141, 109 W.4th St., firstname.lastname@example.org
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is responsible for errors in ads/legals for one time ONLY! If you see a mistake in your ad/legal, please contact us before the next scheduled run so that we may correct the error. Thank you.
• NOTICE: You will be amazed at the response you get when you place an ad on this page! Prices start at just $3.55!
• *The Heart of Jackson Humane Society shelter is located at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton and is open from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday and at other times by appointment. For more information, call 364-5156.
• SMALL SQUARE BALES OF BROME hay. $4/bale. (785)608-5167.
At Your Service
• AAA MICK TREE SERVICE. Kansas Certified Arborist. Tree care and removal. Aerial equipped. Stump Removal. Insured. Free estimates. Holton, Kan., 785-364-5088 or 785-383-6670.
• CHRIS WOLTJE CONSTRUCTION: Specializing in replacement windows, vinyl siding, room additions, decks and any other Interior or Exterior work, large or small. Call for Estimate, 785-633-4429.
• DAVIDSON EXCAVATING/Dump Trucking: Top-soil, fill-dirt, fill-sand, deco rock (large/small), pea gravel, driveway rock. Available 7-days/week. Call 785-935-2441.
• EASTSIDE STORAGE, Fourth and Vermont, Holton, (785)364-3404. Storage compartments for rent.
• JASON HILL FENCING: Repair or build barbwire fence. 785-364-6217.
• PROPERTY CLEANERS: Norma 1-785-256-1472. Reasonable rates, detail cleaning, painting, interior/exterior, deck staining. References available.
• ROBINSON EXCAVATING, Mayetta. General dirt work. (785)383-0011.
• TREE TRIMMING & REMOVAL, aerial equipment, stump removal, free estimates, insured. Larrison Tree Service, 364-3743, Call anytime.
• FOR-SALE: Guinea chicks (keets). Call Tim at 785-948-3914.
• YOUNG PULLETS FOR SALE: 4-to-10weeks-old. Multiple breeds available. Please call, (785)304-2182, for detailed listing and costs.
• The Heart of Jackson Humane Society is seeking donations of several items for continued operations, as well as more volunteers to walk dogs at the shelter. For more information, call the shelter at 364-5156 or stop by the shelter at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton.
• AVOID BEING TAKEN! Before investing in classified ads on work-at-home opportunities, "Too Good To Be True" business opportunities, or advance fee loans, The Holton Recorder urges readers to visit the consumer protection website at www.InYourCornerKansas.org or call 1-800-432-2310.
• HELP-WANTED: Looking for a light-duty mechanic. Apply at Boyett Sales-&-Service, 300-U.S. Hwy.75, Holton. No phone calls, please.
• HOLTON COUNTRY CLUB - Seeking Bartender. Must be 21-yrs.old, dependable and able to work weekends. Come by for appointment or call 364-3558, ask for Lisa.
• LOOKING FOR SOMEONE who needs a nice place to live and help out with in-home care and some housekeeping. Very nice, spacious, separate living quarters. Denison area. Call Bill, 785-935-2390.
• PART-TIME HOUSEKEEPING OPENING: Apply in person, 8a.m.-3p.m., Super 8, Holton.
• EARN EXTRA INCOME! For-sale: Portable massage table, $150. 785-969-9167
• UHL-FURNITURE: Mobility chair, new batteries, $500; Inva-care new electric hospital bed, $350; Pride electric lift-chair with massage, $300; bunk bed, $200; roll-away bed, $100; loft bed, $150; hide-a-bed couch, $200; tables, chairs, couches, dressers, beds, handicap equipment. 785-969-9167.
• UHL-APPLIANCES: Nice Kenmore AC, used 2 summers, 18,500 BTU, 220V, $200; brand-new white gas range, $200; Maytag washer, $100; Whirpool dryer, $150; Hot Point electric range, $150; built-in dishwasher, $100. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• We have appliance parts in stock. Call Jayhawk TV & Appliance at 364-2241.
Lawn & Garden
• BULK 100% Decorative river rock. 785-851-0053.
• NEW 6'x6' greenhouse, $70; 300-gal. poly tanks w/cage, $100/each; wheelbarrow, $40; plastic barrels for water, feed, storage, $20/each; heavy-duty steel burn barrel, $25; doors, windows, sinks, shutters; open top plastic barrel, $10; steel barrel w/lid, $25. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• Stop by and visit our roadside farmers' market! 4-miles west on Hwy.16. Fresh eggs! "Self-serve" produce as it becomes available. 364-6633
• HUGE GARAGE SALE!!! 13505 166th Road, Mayetta: Friday, July 22 & Saturday July 23, 8a.m.-? Babyboy clothes up to 3T, plus-size quality womens clothes, mens size 40 Levis, saddle w/pad, Amish glider. Lots of miscellaneous!
• FOR-SALE: New Holland 499 swather, good condition. Ron Kuglin, 364-7458
• FOR-SALE: (1)6-foot heavy-duty disc; (1)6-foot brush hog. 785-408-2918/785-408-3108.
• COAST-TO-COAST: Carports, garages, storage sheds, barns, livestock shelters, motor home carports, commercial buildings. Dealer: George Uhl, Sr. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• FOR-SALE: Custom all steel weather vane. 3'-tall, 3'-arrow, 2'-horse, 4"-letters. $200-cash. 785-438-8076
• 2-BEDROOM, 1-BATHROOM home with oversized 1-car garage: $585/month, $585/deposit. Available in August! 785-969-2747
• FOR RENT: 1-BEDROOM HOUSE. Available by 1st-of-the-month. (785)364-6271.
• LARGE 2-BEDROOM DUPLEX with basement, appliances furnished. 308 Jones St./Mayetta. 785-966-2359 or 785-554-1117.
• OFFICE SPACE at 104 W.5th Street: Utilities included in rent. Renovated building, only $295/month. Available July-1. 785-364-7153
• SUPER CLEAN/NICE 1-bedroom apartment. Heat and water included in rent. Outside covered porch, laundry/carport available. No smoking/pets, $450-rent. 785-341-8198.
• OFFICE FOR RENT: Call 364-3394.