Week of 3/25/15
• *ALCOHOL PROBLEM with family member or friend? Holton Al-ANON family group, Wednesdays, 7p.m., Evangel United Methodist Church, East door, go to Library, Rm.104.
• *Free Bible Correspondence Course-Certificate awarded at completion. Contact: Northside Church of Christ, 555 NW 46th St., Topeka, KS 66617, phone 785-286-2124.
• *Holton Alateen for young people whose lives have been affected by alcoholism in a family member or close friend. Wednesdays, 7pm, Evangel United Methodist Church, east door, go to library (Room 104). Closed meeting. 227 Pennsylvania, Holton.
• A consistent advertising plan with your local newspaper, informing your customers about how you can serve them, builds consumer confidence and trust in your business. Visit with The Holton Recorder advertising experts about how to grow your successful business. Simply call us at 785-364-3141. We are here to help your business reach your goals!
• If you live in Jackson County and are not a current subscriber of The Holton Recorder, you are eligible to receive the FREE Jackson County Shopper mailed each week! Call our office at 364-3141 for details!
• NEED A BANKRUPTCY? Payment options available. Paperwork can be done by mail. Free information. Euler Law Offices, LLP, Troy, KS 66087. Call (785)985-3561. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
• NOTICE: Don't forget to order your Holton Recorder! Subscriptions start at 41 cents per issue!
• NOTICE: Spring is a good time to sell unwanted items here in The Holton Recorder classified section!
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is a local dealer for Superior Rubber Stamp and Seal Company of Wichita. Contact The Recorder for the following supplies: Pre-inked stamps, self-inking stamps, daters, markers, name tags, awards, wall signs, plaques. 364-3141, 109 W.4th St., firstname.lastname@example.org
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is responsible for errors in ads/legals for one time ONLY! If you see a mistake in your ad/legal, please contact us before the next scheduled run so that we may correct the error. Thank you.
• NOTICE: You will be amazed at the response you get when you place an ad on this page! Prices start at just $3.55!
At Your Service
• "HEAVEN'S BEST" carpet/upholstery cleaning. Serving Jackson County for 12-years. 785-364-5484.
• AAA MICK TREE SERVICE. Kansas Certified Arborist. Tree care and removal. Aerial equipped. Stump Removal. Insured. Free estimates. Holton, Kan., 785-364-5088 or 785-383-6670.
• ALTERATIONS: Bridal, prom or any kind of sewing. Call Cindy Meyer, 966-2492.
• CHRIS WOLTJE CONSTRUCTION: Specializing in replacement windows, vinyl siding, room additions, decks and any other Interior or Exterior work, large or small. Call for Estimate, 785-633-4429.
• EASTSIDE STORAGE, Fourth and Vermont, Holton, (785)364-3404. Storage compartments for rent.
• ELLIS & PEREZ Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning, Deluth, KS. 1-785-458-9695 or 1-785-948-2398.
• GROOMING, all critters welcome! Call Tracie at 785-383-0862.
• Hydraulic repair, will overhaul cylinders/replace any hose assembly. Call Tony at 785-806-1935.
• PROPERTY CLEANERS: Norma 1-785-256-1472. Reasonable rates, detail cleaning, painting, interior/exterior, deck staining. References available.
• TREE TRIMMING & REMOVAL, aerial equipment, stump removal, free estimates, insured. Larrison Tree Service, 364-3743, Call anytime.
Local Youth At Your Service
• Mowing, trimming and bagging available! Saving money for college. 785-207-0457.
• BUTCHER HOGS FOR-SALE: Local delivery available! Gary Moulden, 785-364-4203.
• FOR-SALE: Angus bulls, 15-to-18-months. Ron Kuglin, 364-7458.
• FOR-SALE: 1,200-pound first calf heifers, half limousine/half Angus, calfs by side, $3,500. 785-410-6047
• AVOID BEING TAKEN! Before investing in classified ads on work-at-home opportunities, "Too Good To Be True" business opportunities, or advance fee loans, The Holton Recorder urges readers to contact The Better Business Bureau, 1-800-856-2417.
• Drivers: CDL-A. FT/PT. Excellent pay! Great hometime! Union benefits for FT! Excellent sign-on bonus. EOE. 855-599-4608.
• HELP WANTED: Evening/weekend help wanted at Holton Dairy Queen. Come in and fill out an application, or call 364-3110.
• HELP WANTED: Concrete construction. 785-364-7231 or 785-364-4212, Chuck Eisenbarth.
• HELP WANTED: We are looking for a caregiver from 10pm-6am for retired teacher. Please call Barb at 785-221-4287 and leave a message.
• WANTED: Waitress for local cafe in Wetmore. Must be flexible to work P/T hours days/evenings. Also, P/T help needed for auction barn in Holton on sale days. Must have transportation and be reliable. Call Susan at 785-305-0953.
• UHL'S FURNITURE: Office furniture, used couches, divans, sofas, love seats, easy-chairs, recliners, dressers, chest-of-drawers, tables, chairs, beds, lift chair ($200), handicap devices. (785)969-9167/Holton.
• UHL-APPLIANCES: Kenmore electric dryer, $125; Amana SXS refrigerator/freezer, $300; GE 18-cu.ft. refrigerator, $200; built-in dishwasher, $100; Frigidaire gas range, $200. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• We have appliance parts in stock. Call Jayhawk TV & Appliance at 364-2241.
• It's time to start thinking about planting a garden. We have seed potatoes, onion sets, asparagus, roots, rhubarb, strawberries, seeds, cole crops, and much more. Come shop at Havensville Greenhouse, where all of the plants are grown naturally. 200 Barbara St./Havensville. 785-948-3960
Lawn & Garden
• BULK 100% Decorative river rock, railroad ties, 785-851-0053.
• PLASTIC barrels for water, feed, storage, steel burn barrels, $20/each. Pet cages and carriers, 785-969-9167/Holton.
• GARAGE SALE TO BENEFIT Heart of Jackson Humane Society. Friday, March-27, 8am-5pm/Saturday, March-28, 8am-2pm, St.Dominic's Parish Hall, 412-Ohio, Holton. Computer printer, ready-to-paint ceramics, elephant collection, tea pot collection, Indian dolls, hide-a-bed, lots of fabric, sewing/embroidery supplies, new fan, Noritake china set, bedroom set, books, audios, videos, TV stand, lots of clothes (baby-to-3X).
• MULTI-FAMILY GARAGE SALE: Friday, March-27/Saturday, March-28, 8am-4pm. 1000 Pennsylvania Ave./Holton.
• FOR-SALE: Case 3450 round baler, $1,000. Call after 5pm 785-608-5167.
• COAST-TO-COAST: Carports, garages, storage sheds, barns, livestock shelters, motor home carports, commercial buildings. Dealer: George Uhl, Sr. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• FOR-SALE: Newspaper end rolls! $1/pound plus tax. Great for table covers for all occasions, among other practical uses. Visit The Holton Recorder office, 109 W. 4th St./Holton or call 364-3141 to schedule pickup.
• FOR-SALE: 3-cemetery plots in Martin Luther section of Mt.Hope Cemetery, $6,600. Call 785-305-1716.
• 1-BEDROOM UPSTAIRS APARTMENT: No smokers/pets, $390/month, available April-1. 785-935-2390
• 1-BEDROOM HOUSE for rent, available April-1. 758-364-6271
• 1-BEDROOM APARTMENT: Furnished, deposit required. 785-364-4676/785-408-3261
• 3-BEDROOM, 1-BATHROOM HOUSE for rent: Washer/dryer hookup, kitchen appliances. Available now, Soldier. Call evenings, 785-305-1371.
• Explore your entrepreneurial spirit! Beautiful, large retail or business space for rent on north side of Holton's Square: 106 W.5th, Holton. 1,500 sq.ft., large storage space in basement. Available June-1. Call 785-364-4626 or 785-851-9167 for showing.
• NEWLY REMODELED 1-bedroom apartment for rent. Water/trash paid, no smoking/pets. Available now. 785-565-4189. References required, $425/month.
• STORAGE-UNIT: 12'X24', wood floor. No auto, roll-up door. 364-0214
• SUPER CLEAN/NICE 1-bedroom apartment. Heat and water included in rent. Outside covered porch, laundry/carport available. No smoking/pets, $450-rent. 785-341-8198.
• OFFICE FOR RENT: Call 364-3394.
• FOR-SALE: 2005 Jeep Liberty, 4x4, 2.8L Turbo Diesel, runs great, 179,000 miles, $5,950. 785-221-7601