Week of 8/26/15
• *ALCOHOL PROBLEM with family member or friend? Holton Al-ANON family group, Wednesdays, 7p.m., Evangel United Methodist Church, East door, go to Library, Rm.104.
• *Hours at the JCMA New Hope Center Food Pantry, located at Fifth Street and Wisconsin Avenue in the Holton First Christian Church basement, are from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursdays. For more information, call 364-7021.
• *NEED A BANKRUPTCY? Payment options available. Paperwork can be done by mail. Free information. Euler Law Offices, LLP, Troy, KS 66087. Call (785)985-3561. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
• A consistent advertising plan with your local newspaper, informing your customers about how you can serve them, builds consumer confidence and trust in your business. Visit with The Holton Recorder advertising experts about how to grow your successful business. Simply call us at 785-364-3141. We are here to help your business reach your goals!
• If you live in Jackson County and are not a current subscriber of The Holton Recorder, you are eligible to receive the FREE Jackson County Shopper mailed each week! Call our office at 364-3141 for details!
• NOTICE: Don't forget to order your Holton Recorder! Subscriptions start at 41 cents per issue!
• NOTICE: Summer is a good time to sell unwanted items here in The Holton Recorder classified section!
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is a local dealer for Superior Rubber Stamp and Seal Company of Wichita. Contact The Recorder for the following supplies: Pre-inked stamps, self-inking stamps, daters, markers, name tags, awards, wall signs, plaques. 364-3141, 109 W.4th St., firstname.lastname@example.org
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is responsible for errors in ads/legals for one time ONLY! If you see a mistake in your ad/legal, please contact us before the next scheduled run so that we may correct the error. Thank you.
• NOTICE: You will be amazed at the response you get when you place an ad on this page! Prices start at just $3.55!
• *The Heart of Jackson Humane Society shelter is located at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton and is open from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday and at other times by appointment. For more information, call 364-5156.
• LARGE ROUND BALES of brome, $25. 785-364-2759 or 785-292-4436, ask for Ron.
At Your Service
• AAA MICK TREE SERVICE. Kansas Certified Arborist. Tree care and removal. Aerial equipped. Stump Removal. Insured. Free estimates. Holton, Kan., 785-364-5088 or 785-383-6670.
• CARPET CLEANING: Commercial and residendial. Fast/reliable. $20 off with ad. 785-383-0234
• CHRIS WOLTJE CONSTRUCTION: Specializing in replacement windows, vinyl siding, room additions, decks and any other Interior or Exterior work, large or small. Call for Estimate, 785-633-4429.
• EASTSIDE STORAGE, Fourth and Vermont, Holton, (785)364-3404. Storage compartments for rent.
• ELLIS & PEREZ Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning, Deluth, KS. 1-785-458-9695 or 1-785-948-2398.
• GROOMING, all critters welcome! Call Tracie at 785-383-0862.
• Hydraulic repair, will overhaul cylinders/replace any hose assembly. Call Tony at 785-806-1935.
• PROPERTY CLEANERS: Norma 1-785-256-1472. Reasonable rates, detail cleaning, painting, interior/exterior, deck staining. References available.
• TREE TRIMMING & REMOVAL, aerial equipment, stump removal, free estimates, insured. Larrison Tree Service, 364-3743, Call anytime.
Local Youth At Your Service
• Mowing, trimming and bagging available! Saving money for college. 785-207-0457.
• Young, ambitious local youth looking to mow and trim yards or provide other lawn needs to residents in and around Holton and Denison. Please contact Jarred at 785-221-7601.
• DAYCARE IN HOLTON has openings. SRS-accepted. Call Sherry at 785-383-9269.
• Happy Jack Liquivic: Recognized safe and effective against hook/roundworms by US CVM. Wege's Feed Service, Hoyt and Holton (364-4761). (kennelvax.com)
• The Heart of Jackson Humane Society is seeking donations of several items for continued operations, as well as more volunteers to walk dogs at the shelter. For more information, call the shelter at 364-5156 or stop by the shelter at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton.
• AVOID BEING TAKEN! Before investing in classified ads on work-at-home opportunities, "Too Good To Be True" business opportunities, or advance fee loans, The Holton Recorder urges readers to visit the consumer protection website at www.InYourCornerKansas.org or call 1-800-432-2310.
• BOOMERS' IS HIRING a full-time dishwasher. Must be available days, evenings and weekends. Apply in person: Boomers' Steakhouse, 401 Colorado, Holton.
• CDL Owner Operators: Earn up to $175K annually! $5K sign-on bonus, great home-time! Consistent miles. Don't wait, call now! 844-814-1334
• Company Tanker Drivers: Clean easy unloading. Tanker training available. Regional/OTR positions available. Family atmosphere with full benefit packages. Dependable well-maintained equipment. 800-232-0170, ask for Robert or Andy.
• FIREFIGHTER: Paid training to join elite US Navy team. Good pay, medical/dental, promotions, vacation. HS grads ages 17-34. 800-777-6289 (Monday-Friday). Email: email@example.com
• GRIMM'S GARDENS is looking for seasonal help on our landscape and lawncare crews. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
• LOOKING FOR PART-TIME care attendant for a special needs 12-year-old boy. Must be 18-years of age and have driver's license. Call 785-305-1430 for details. Leave message.
• UHL-FURNITURE: Loft bed, $150; electric lift chair, $200; hide-a-bed couch, $200; tables, chairs, couches, dressers, beds, handicap equipment. 785-969-9167.
• UHL-APPLIANCES: Frigidaire upright freezer, 21-cu.ft., $150; Kenmore dryer, $100; Kenmore electric range, $150; dishwashers, gas ranges, double-SS sink w/faucets, $50. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• We have appliance parts in stock. Call Jayhawk TV & Appliance at 364-2241.
Lawn & Garden
• BULK 100% Decorative river rock, railroad ties, 785-851-0053.
• PLASTIC barrels for water, feed, storage, steel burn barrels, $20/each. Pet cages and carriers, 785-969-9167/Holton.
• Stop by and visit our roadside farmers' market! 4-miles west on Hwy.16. "Self-serve" produce as it becomes available. 364-6633
• LARGE 3-FAMILY GARAGE SALE: Friday, Aug.28, 5pm-8pm/Saturday, Aug.29, 8am-1pm. 511 Wyoming/Holton. Clothing (infant to adult), miscellaneous baby items, furniture, quilting tools, beer mugs, home decor, free craft lumber.
• MOVING-SALE: 23150 N.Road/Holton. Saturday-Sunday, Aug.29-30, 7am-? Tools, antiques, household items.
• MOVING-SALE: Thursday/Friday/Saturday, Aug.27-28-29, 8am-6pm, 15236 198th Road/Mayetta (go east off Hwy.75, east on 198th). Dining table/buffet, antique dresser, 4-drawer dresser, crystal, 12-piece china dish set, porch glider w/matching tables.
• 32" OUTSIDE DOOR w/window/jam, $100; doors, windows, sinks, shutters. 785-969-9167
• COAST-TO-COAST: Carports, garages, storage sheds, barns, livestock shelters, motor home carports, commercial buildings. Dealer: George Uhl, Sr. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• *Free Bible Correspondence Course-Certificate awarded at completion. Contact: Northside Church of Christ, 555 NW 46th St., Topeka, KS 66617, phone 785-286-2124.
• FOR-SALE: Large newspaper end rolls, many at about 60 pounds. $1/pound plus tax. Great for table covers for all occasions, among other practical uses. Visit The Holton Recorder office, 109 W. 4th St./Holton or call David at 364-3141.
• Oak, ash, hackberry, walnut, for camping and smoking meats. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• NICE 1-BEDROOM UPSTAIRS APARTMENT: No smokers/pets, $390/month. 785-935-2390
• 1-TO-2-BEDROOM APARTMENT for rent in Holton near Square. Call Carol at 364-0126.
• 2-BEDROOM APARTMENT 4-miles south of Holton: $675, includes rent, water, electricity, gas. $300 deposit. No pets/smoking. Fishing! 364-6046
• 3-BEDROOM, 1-BATHROOM HOUSE: 124 Ohio/Holton. $650/rent, no pets/no inside smokers. 785-215-2829
• AVAILABLE SEPT.15: Small 2-bedroom house in country 11-miles west of Holton. Large yard, garden, detached 2-car garage, water provided. $525/month plus deposit/references. 785-532-8910/8911
• BEAUTIFUL RETAIL SPACE, 106 W.5th, Holton. 1,800-plus square feet, mezzanine, new lighting, freshly painted, great window frontage. Contact Betsy, 785-851-9167 or Joni, 785-364-7153.
• DUPLEX FOR RENT: 2-bedrooms, 1-bathroom, laundry room, located in Mayetta. Rent $550/deposit $550. Available Sept.1. Please call 785-966-2217.
• FOR-RENT: Hair stylist, barber, nail technician suite: 104 W.5th./Holton. Window frontage, $495, all utilities paid. Contact Joni, 785-364-7153.
• FOR-RENT: 1-bedroom house, ready Sept.1 or before! 785-364-6271
• NEWLY REMODELED 1-bedroom apartment for rent. Water/trash paid, no smoking/pets. Available now. 785-565-4189. References required, $425/month.
• NICE 1-BEDROOM HOUSE in Denison: No smokers/pets. Deposit/references required. 785-935-2305
• NICE, CLEAN, 3-BEDROOM lower duplex: Basement/garage at 522 Iowa/Holton. $650/month plus deposit. No pets/smokers, please. Call 364-3309.
• FOR-SALE BY OWNER: 5-bedroom, 3-bathroom house. 2,600-square feet. Call or text for showing: 785-383-0862.
• FOR-SALE BY OWNER: 404 Friend St./Soldier. Large 2-acre lot, oversized 2-car garage, deck and recently replaced roof. Extensive remodel in progress. Great opportunity for you to finish to your taste and save on this 3-bedroom, 2.5-bathroom home. Selling AS IS for $50,000 or best offer. Open house Sunday, Aug.23/Aug.30, 2pm-4pm. For more information, visit www.soldierhouse.webstarts.com or call 785-851-7394.
• HOME FOR SALE: 409 Illinois Ave./Holton. Must see to appreciate! If you want a low maintenance, easy-to-heat or cool home, this is the home for you! Call 851-0481 or 851-0013.
• NEW LOWER PRICE! Soldier: Like-new, 15-year-old ranch style manufactured home with 1,976 sq.ft. plus basement on approximately 10-acres, but not your typical, manufactured. Many upgrades included, with 4-bedrooms, 2-bathrooms. Full basement finish includes large game room, store room, dark room and work shop, outbuildings. Very well kept property, only $114,900. Pearl Real Estate/Appraisal Services, Inc. Mike Pearl, Broker. 785-437-6007
• OFFICE FOR RENT: Call 364-3394.
• FOR-SALE: 2001 Chrysler PT-Cruiser, 146,000-miles, $2,700/OBO. 785-305-0857