Week of 3/22/17
• *ALCOHOL PROBLEM with family member or friend? Holton Al-ANON family group, Wednesdays, 7p.m., Evangel United Methodist Church, East door, go to Library, Rm.104.
• *Hours at the JCMA New Hope Center Food Pantry, located at Fifth Street and Wisconsin Avenue in the Holton First Christian Church basement, are from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursdays. For more information, call 362-7021.
• *NEED A BANKRUPTCY? Payment options available. Paperwork can be done by mail. Free information. Euler Law Offices, LLP, Troy, KS 66087. Call (785)985-3561. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
• A consistent advertising plan with your local newspaper, informing your customers about how you can serve them, builds consumer confidence and trust in your business. Visit with The Holton Recorder advertising experts about how to grow your successful business. Simply call us at 785-364-3141. We are here to help your business reach your goals!
• NOTICE: Don't forget to order your Holton Recorder! Subscriptions start at 42 cents per issue!
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is a local dealer for Superior Rubber Stamp and Seal Company of Wichita. Contact The Recorder for the following supplies: Pre-inked stamps, self-inking stamps, daters, markers, name tags, awards, wall signs, plaques. 364-3141, 109 W.4th St., firstname.lastname@example.org
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is responsible for errors in ads/legals for one time ONLY! If you see a mistake in your ad/legal, please contact us before the next scheduled run so that we may correct the error. Thank you.
• NOTICE: Winter is a good time to sell unwanted items here in The Holton Recorder classified section!
• NOTICE: You will be amazed at the response you get when you place an ad on this page! Prices start at just $3.55!
• *The Heart of Jackson Humane Society shelter is located at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton and is open from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday and at other times by appointment. For more information, call 364-5156.
At Your Service
• AAA MICK TREE SERVICE. Kansas Certified Arborist. Tree care and removal. Aerial equipped. Stump Removal. Insured. Free estimates. Holton, Kan., 785-364-5088 or 785-383-6670.
• ALTERATIONS: Prom, bridal or any kind of sewing. Call Cindy Meyer, 966-2492.
• CHRIS WOLTJE CONSTRUCTION: Specializing in replacement windows, vinyl siding, room additions, decks and any other Interior or Exterior work, large or small. Call for Estimate, 785-633-4429.
• EASTSIDE STORAGE, Fourth and Vermont, Holton, (785)364-3404. Storage compartments for rent.
• JASON HILL FENCING: Repair or build barbwire fence. 785-364-6217.
• MASTIFF PAINTING: General Construction, building/home repair/maintenance, power washing. No-Job-Too-Small, 30-Years-Experience. Free Estimates. (785)851-0911.
• TREE TRIMMING & REMOVAL, aerial equipment, stump removal, free estimates, insured. Larrison Tree Service, 785-364-3743. Call anytime.
Lost & Found
• FOUND: Black/white Husky, city of Denison. To claim, call Heart of Jackson Humane Society, 364-5156.
• FOUND: Black Lab mix, female, approximately 1-year-old, at Royal Valley High School, Hoyt. For more information, contact Banner Creek Animal Hospital, 364-4560.
• ANGUS BULLS FOR-SALE: 15-months. Ron Kuglin, 364-7458.
• FOR-SALE: Horned, polled bulls. Davis Hereford, Maple Hill, Kansas, 785-256-4643.
• BABY CHICKS FOR SALE: Multiple breeds available. Call 785-304-2182 for detailed listing and cost.
• The Heart of Jackson Humane Society is seeking donations of several items for continued operations, as well as more volunteers to walk dogs at the shelter. For more information, call the shelter at 364-5156 or stop by the shelter at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton.
• TILLABLE ACRES to rent: Growing family farm expanding operation. 316-680-1254
• AVOID BEING TAKEN! Before investing in classified ads on work-at-home opportunities, "Too Good To Be True" business opportunities, or advance fee loans, The Holton Recorder urges readers to visit the consumer protection website at www.InYourCornerKansas.org or call 1-800-432-2310.
• HOLTON COUNTRY CLUB is looking to hire a Bartender. Must be 21-years-old and able to work weekends and either shifts. 364-3558 or stop by the club house for an application.
• Looking for a dependable and trustworthy nighttime helper for elderly gentleman. Hours 8pm-8am. Must be able to pass background check/provide references. Contact Peggy at 417-335-0657 or Joni at 620-757-5788.
• We have an opening for an Assistant Teacher in Jefferson County- Meriden Head Start. Salary range is $8.86-$13.91. Please go to www.nekcap.org for job description and application. Please submit application and proof of education to email@example.com. NEK-CAP, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
• Work in a job that changes the lives of little children. We have openings for a Program Aide and 2-Assistant Teachers in Jackson County Head Start Center. Starting salary is $8.70/hour. Please go to www.nekcap.org for job description and application. Please submit application and proof of education to firstname.lastname@example.org. NEK-CAP, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
• Work in a job that changes the lives of little children. We have an opening for a Nutrition Program Aide in Jackson County Head Start Center. Salary range is $8.86-$13.91/hour. Please go to www.nekcap.org for job description and application. Please submit application and proof of education to email@example.com. NEK-CAP, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
• FOR-SALE: 130 white satin chair covers. 785-383-1955
• UHL-FURNITURE: Nice large La-Z-Boy electric lift chair w/heat controls, $400; mobility chairs/scooters w/new batteries, $400-$500; hospital beds, $400-$750. Call after 9am, 785-969-9167.
• UHL-FURNITURE: Beds; single, twin, full, queen, king, bunk-beds, dressers, tables, chairs, divans, couches, love seat, recliners. Call after 9am, 785-969-9167.
• UHL-APPLIANCES/FURNITURE: Washers, dryers, electric/gas ranges, parts. Call after 9am, 785-969-9167/Holton.
• We have appliance parts in stock. Call Jayhawk TV & Appliance at 364-2241.
Lawn & Garden
• BULK 100% Decorative river rock. 785-851-0053.
• COAST-TO-COAST: Carports, garages, storage sheds, barns, livestock shelters, motor home carports, commercial buildings. Dealer: George Uhl, Sr. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• MIXED CAMPING WOOD and oak wood for smoking meats, any amount. 785-969-9167
• 1-BEDROOM UPSTAIRS apartment: No pets/smokers. $390/month. 785-935-2390
• 1-BEDROOM APARTMENT: Furnished, deposit required, no pets. 785-364-4676/785-408-3261
• NICE, FRESHLY PAINTED 2-bedroom home in Holton. $495/month plus deposit. Credit report required. No pets/smoking. Call Terry, 785-207-0457.
• OFFICE SPACE at 104 W.5th Street: Utilities included in rent. Renovated building, only $295/month. Available July-1. 785-364-7153
• FOR-SALE: 2-bedroom, 1-bathroom, 978-sq.ft. single-story home in quiet neighborhood on south side of Holton (110 New York) with detached garage. $65,000. 785-215-2829
• OFFICE FOR RENT: Call 364-3394.
• FOR-SALE: 1987 F250 4x4, bad engine, $700. Pickup and toolbox, $50. 785-845-5181
• TO SELL at Holton sale barn auction Saturday, March-25: 27-foot 1991 Fifth Wheel with slide. Very nice, updated interior. 785-966-2342