Week of 11/25/15
• *ALCOHOL PROBLEM with family member or friend? Holton Al-ANON family group, Wednesdays, 7p.m., Evangel United Methodist Church, East door, go to Library, Rm.104.
• *Hours at the JCMA New Hope Center Food Pantry, located at Fifth Street and Wisconsin Avenue in the Holton First Christian Church basement, are from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursdays. For more information, call 364-7021.
• *NEED A BANKRUPTCY? Payment options available. Paperwork can be done by mail. Free information. Euler Law Offices, LLP, Troy, KS 66087. Call (785)985-3561. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
• A consistent advertising plan with your local newspaper, informing your customers about how you can serve them, builds consumer confidence and trust in your business. Visit with The Holton Recorder advertising experts about how to grow your successful business. Simply call us at 785-364-3141. We are here to help your business reach your goals!
• If you live in Jackson County and are not a current subscriber of The Holton Recorder, you are eligible to receive the FREE Jackson County Shopper mailed each week! Call our office at 364-3141 for details!
• NOTICE: Don't forget to order your Holton Recorder! Subscriptions start at 41 cents per issue!
• NOTICE: Fall is a good time to sell unwanted items here in The Holton Recorder classified section!
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is a local dealer for Superior Rubber Stamp and Seal Company of Wichita. Contact The Recorder for the following supplies: Pre-inked stamps, self-inking stamps, daters, markers, name tags, awards, wall signs, plaques. 364-3141, 109 W.4th St., firstname.lastname@example.org
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is responsible for errors in ads/legals for one time ONLY! If you see a mistake in your ad/legal, please contact us before the next scheduled run so that we may correct the error. Thank you.
• NOTICE: You will be amazed at the response you get when you place an ad on this page! Prices start at just $3.55!
• *The Heart of Jackson Humane Society shelter is located at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton and is open from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday and at other times by appointment. For more information, call 364-5156.
• FREE HAY for doghouses: Heart of Jackson Humane Society. 364-5156
• JD567 cover edge net-wrapped large round bales of mostly brome for sale with some Kentucky Bluegrass, Fescue, Red Clover. 140 bales, 1,400+ pounds scale weight, 5'X5'8". Nice hay, will load, long semis welcome. Located between Holton and Circleville. 785-364-3050
At Your Service
• AAA MICK TREE SERVICE. Kansas Certified Arborist. Tree care and removal. Aerial equipped. Stump Removal. Insured. Free estimates. Holton, Kan., 785-364-5088 or 785-383-6670.
• ALTERATIONS: Bridal or any kind of sewing. Call Cindy Meyer, 966-2492.
• CHRIS WOLTJE CONSTRUCTION: Specializing in replacement windows, vinyl siding, room additions, decks and any other Interior or Exterior work, large or small. Call for Estimate, 785-633-4429.
• EASTSIDE STORAGE, Fourth and Vermont, Holton, (785)364-3404. Storage compartments for rent.
• ELLIS & PEREZ Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning, Deluth, KS. 1-785-458-9695 or 1-785-948-2398.
• Hydraulic repair, will overhaul cylinders/replace any hose assembly. Call Tony at 785-806-1935.
• PROPERTY CLEANERS: Norma 1-785-256-1472. Reasonable rates, detail cleaning, painting, interior/exterior, deck staining. References available.
• TONZ OF SUDZ grooming/boarding. All animals welcome. Text or call Tracie at 785-383-0862.
• TREE TRIMMING & REMOVAL, aerial equipment, stump removal, free estimates, insured. Larrison Tree Service, 364-3743, Call anytime.
• DAYCARE IN HOLTON has openings. SRS-accepted. Call Sherry at 785-383-9269.
Lost & Found
• FOUND: Set of keys at Holton Post Office on Saturday morning, Nov.21. Includes two pink clips and a bottle opener. To identify and claim, visit The Holton Recorder office at 109 W.Fourth St.
• FOUND: Yorkie Terrier mix, male, 3-to-4-years-old, black harness w/blue cable, at corner of Miller/Lincoln in Circleville. For more information, please contact Banner Creek Animal Hospital at 364-4560.
• FREE KITTENS: 8-weeks-old. 785-364-2863
• The Heart of Jackson Humane Society is seeking donations of several items for continued operations, as well as more volunteers to walk dogs at the shelter. For more information, call the shelter at 364-5156 or stop by the shelter at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton.
• AVOID BEING TAKEN! Before investing in classified ads on work-at-home opportunities, "Too Good To Be True" business opportunities, or advance fee loans, The Holton Recorder urges readers to visit the consumer protection website at www.InYourCornerKansas.org or call 1-800-432-2310.
• Drivers: CDL-A w/Hazmat. PT/FT. 2016 Freightliners. Excellent pay, weekends off! union benefits, no slip seat, flexible runs. 855-599-4608
• HELP NEEDED for caring for my handicapped son. Weekends, $10/hour. 1-785-771-3321
• WANTED: DRIVER; occasional trips to Topeka. Will pay well. 364-5334. **********If you have called and not heard back from me, please call again.**********
• ALMOST NEW! BEST Electric Lift Chair, $825 NOW ONLY-SALE $400, 785-969-9167.
• UHL-FURNITURE: Nice large Pride mobility electric chair, $500; bunk bed, $200; roll-away bed, $100; loft bed, $150; electric lift chair, $200; hide-a-bed couch, $200; tables, chairs, couches, dressers, beds, handicap equipment. 785-969-9167.
• UHL-APPLIANCES: Kenmore frost-free refrigerator, $200; Whirlpool washer, $150; chest freezer, 10-cu.ft., $150; Maytag dryer, $200; Whirlpool n.gas range, $200; Maytag electric range, $150; built-in dishwasher, $100; double-SS sink w/faucets, $50. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• We have appliance parts in stock. Call Jayhawk TV & Appliance at 364-2241.
Lawn & Garden
• 300-GAL. poly tank w/cage, $100; plastic barrels for water, feed, storage, steel burn barrels, $20/each; steel fuel barrels, $25/each. Pet cages and carriers, 785-969-9167/Holton.
• BULK 100% Decorative river rock, railroad ties, 785-851-0053.
• FRESH VEGGIES! Lettuce, spinach, radishes, chard, kale, fresh herbs-all homegrown without pesticides/chemicals, and fresh picked! You won't believe the great flavor and crispness! 364-3935
• Stop by and visit our roadside farmers' market! 4-miles west on Hwy.16. "Self-serve" produce as it becomes available. 364-6633
• 32" OUTSIDE DOOR w/window, $75; 36" door, $50; doors, windows, sinks, shutters. 785-969-9167
• COAST-TO-COAST: Carports, garages, storage sheds, barns, livestock shelters, motor home carports, commercial buildings. Dealer: George Uhl, Sr. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• *Free Bible Correspondence Course-Certificate awarded at completion. Contact: Northside Church of Christ, 555 NW 46th St., Topeka, KS 66617, phone 785-286-2124.
• FOR-SALE: Large newspaper end rolls, many at about 60 pounds. $1/pound plus tax. Great for table covers for all occasions, among other practical uses. Visit The Holton Recorder office, 109 W. 4th St./Holton or call David at 364-3141.
• 3 CORDS OF HEDGE; $100-a-cord or 50 1/2-cord, (785)873-3578.
• FOR SALE: FFA 4'X8' steel wood rack, $100; new barrel stove, $100; cherry, oak, ash, locust, hackberry, walnut, mulberry, hedge. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• 1-BEDROOM DOWNSTAIRS APARTMENT: Appliances furnished, available now! 785-364-6325
• 2-BEDROOM HOME in Holton: Stove/refrigerator, detached garage. $565/rent, $565/deposit. 785-969-2747
• 1-BEDROOM APARTMENT: Furnished, deposit required. 785-364-4676/785-408-3261
• 2-BEDROOM APARTMENT: $675 takes care of rent, water, gas, electricity, trash. No smoking, no pets. 364-6046
• IMMACULATE N/S: 3-bedrooms, 2-bathrooms, hardwood floors, central heat/air, fridge, dishwasher, washer/dryer, large fenced yard. $725/month plus deposit. Call 364-9068 for application.
• NEWLY REMODELED 1-bedroom apartment for rent. Water/trash paid, no smoking/pets. Available now. 785-565-4189. References required, $425/month.
• SMALL 2-BEDROOM HOUSE for 1-or-2-people only. $550/month w/1-month deposit. References required. No pets/smokers. 785-286-1058
• SUPER CLEAN/NICE 1-and-2-bedroom apartments. Heat and water included in rent. Outside covered porch, laundry/carport available. No smoking/pets, $450-rent. 785-341-8198.
• ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS for newly remodeled 2-to-3-bedroom, 1-bathroom house in Holton. CA/CH, no indoor pets, references required/checked. $600/rent, $600/deposit. Call 785-851-1392.
• OFFICE FOR RENT: Call 364-3394.
• 2007 BUICK (red) LUCERNE, power-windows, heated power-seats, AM/FM CD player, leather interior, $6,000. (785)273-5080.