Week of 9/20/17
• *ALCOHOL PROBLEM with family member or friend? Holton Al-ANON family group, Wednesdays, 7p.m., Evangel United Methodist Church, East door, go to Library, Rm.104.
• *Hours at the JCMA New Hope Center Food Pantry, located at Fifth Street and Wisconsin Avenue in the Holton First Christian Church basement, are from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursdays. For more information, call 362-7021.
• *NEED A BANKRUPTCY? Payment options available. Paperwork can be done by mail. Free information. Euler Law Offices, LLP, Troy, KS 66087. Call (785)985-3561. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
• A consistent advertising plan with your local newspaper, informing your customers about how you can serve them, builds consumer confidence and trust in your business. Visit with The Holton Recorder advertising experts about how to grow your successful business. Simply call us at 785-364-3141. We are here to help your business reach your goals!
• NOTICE: Don't forget to order your Holton Recorder! Subscriptions start at 42 cents per issue!
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is a local dealer for Superior Rubber Stamp and Seal Company of Wichita. Contact The Recorder for the following supplies: Pre-inked stamps, self-inking stamps, daters, markers, name tags, awards, wall signs, plaques. 364-3141, 109 W.4th St., email@example.com
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is responsible for errors in ads for one time only. If you see a mistake in your ad, please contact us before the next scheduled run so that we may correct the error. Thank you.
• NOTICE: You will be amazed at the response you get when you place an ad on this page! Prices start at just $3.55!
• *The Heart of Jackson Humane Society shelter is located at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton and is open from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday and at other times by appointment. For more information, call 364-5156.
At Your Service
• AAA MICK TREE SERVICE. Kansas Certified Arborist. Aerial equipped. Stump Removal. Insured. Free estimates. Holton, Kan., 785-383-6670.
• CHRIS WOLTJE CONSTRUCTION: Specializing in replacement windows, vinyl siding, room additions, decks and any other Interior or Exterior work, large or small. Call for Estimate, 785-633-4429.
• CORN CRIB CATERING: We cater to large and small parties! 785-868-2460.
• EASTSIDE STORAGE, Fourth and Vermont, Holton, (785)364-3404. Storage compartments for rent.
• MASTIFF PAINTING: General Construction, building/home repair/maintenance, power washing. No-Job-Too-Small, 3-Years-Experience. Free Estimates. 785-851-0911.
• TREE TRIMMING & REMOVAL, aerial equipment, stump removal, free estimates, insured. Larrison Tree Service, 785-364-3743. Call anytime.
• The Heart of Jackson Humane Society is seeking donations of several items for continued operations, as well as more volunteers to walk dogs at the shelter. For more information, call the shelter at 364-5156 or stop by the shelter at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton.
• AVOID BEING TAKEN! Before investing in classified ads on work-at-home opportunities, "Too Good To Be True" business opportunities, or advance fee loans, The Holton Recorder urges readers to visit the consumer protection website at www.InYourCornerKansas.org or call 1-800-432-2310.
• HANDYMAN NEEDED to clean out guttering, etc. Apply at 120 New Jersey Ave./Holton.
• NEK-CAP, Inc. is looking for quality staff to work in their Head Start centers. The following positions are now available: Assistant Teacher in Holton. Numerous benefits. Job descriptions/application can be seen on the web at www.nekcap.org.
• UHL-FURNITURE: Nice queen bed, $300; nice full bed, $200; bunk beds, $200-$250; twin bed, $150; dressers, $60; handicap; hospital bed, $200; electric mobility chair/scooter, $350; lumbar electric lift chair, $200; recliners, $40; other equipment. Holton, 785-969-9167.
• UHL-APPLIANCES: GE refrigerator, 14-cu.ft., $150; air conditioner, $60; Maytag washer, $200; Kenmore dryer, $150; GE electric range, $100; Maytag stackable washer/dryer, $300; gas ranges; parts. Holton, 785-969-9167.
• We have appliance parts in stock. Call Jayhawk TV & Appliance at 364-2241.
Lawn & Garden
• BULK 100% Decorative river rock. 785-851-0053.
• OPEN TOP PLASTIC BARREL, $10; half barrel planter/water/feeder, $10; steel oil barrels, $20; heavy duty burn barrels, $25; steel warehouse racks. Holton, 785-969-9167.
• SWEET POTATOES: Beauregard and O'Henry, at farmers' market. 364-2209.
• 1204 W.5TH ST./HOLTON: Sept.22-23, 9am-noon each day. Self-propelled Toro lawn mower (used very little), 18-foot extension ladder, new DVD/VHS player, mirrored closet doors (72" with new hardware), quilting fat quarters, Wii, new Viking sewing machine, new Rada items, baked goods and miscellaneous.
• HUGE GARAGE SALE! 827 Iowa Ave./Holton. Saturday, Sept.23, 8am-2pm.
• FOR-SALE: John Deere #5 mower, manual and extra parts. 785-935-2331, leave message.
• COAST-TO-COAST: Carports (order early before winter!), garages, storage sheds, barns, livestock shelters, motor home carports, commercial buildings. Dealer: George Uhl, Sr. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• FOR-SALE: Large computer desk (solid oak, 6-feet lon by 22-inches wide) and 10-speed racing bike. Both items in excellent condition. 785-364-6271.
• FOR-SALE: Long-arm quilting machine. Call 785-851-8806.
• MIXED CAMPING WOOD and oak, hickory wood for smoking meats, any amount. 785-969-9167
Want To Rent
• Young farmer in search of pasture to rent. Will maintain fences and good steward of the land. Call 402-540-7733.
• 1-BEDROOM DOWNSTAIRS APARTMENT in Holton: Available now! Close to swimming pool. 785-364-6325.
• 3-BEDROOM HOUSE: Washer/dryer, range/refrigerator provided. CA/CH. No pets. $650/month plus $650/deposit. 785-924-3775.
• OFFICE SPACE at 104 W.5th Street: Utilities included in rent. Renovated building, only $295/month. Available now! 785-364-7153
• PRIME OFFICE SPACE for-rent: 102 W.5th St./Holton. Contact 364-3302. Available Aug.1.
• COMMERCIAL/RETAIL SPACE for lease at 123 Dakota Ave./Holton. Excellent location right off Hwy.75. Up to 2,650 square feet available but can be separated into 2-or-3 different spaces. For additional details or information, contact Carole at 785-851-0104.
• OFFICE FOR RENT: Call 364-3394.
• FOR-SALE: 1999 Buick LeSabre. Good tires, upholstery, air/heat. Asking $1,500/OBO. Call 785-364-2006.
• FOR-SALE: 1998 Honda Accord. 181,000-miles, great first car. $750. Call/text 785-845-4108.