Week of 9/21/16
• *ALCOHOL PROBLEM with family member or friend? Holton Al-ANON family group, Wednesdays, 7p.m., Evangel United Methodist Church, East door, go to Library, Rm.104.
• *Hours at the JCMA New Hope Center Food Pantry, located at Fifth Street and Wisconsin Avenue in the Holton First Christian Church basement, are from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursdays. For more information, call 362-7021.
• *NEED A BANKRUPTCY? Payment options available. Paperwork can be done by mail. Free information. Euler Law Offices, LLP, Troy, KS 66087. Call (785)985-3561. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
• A consistent advertising plan with your local newspaper, informing your customers about how you can serve them, builds consumer confidence and trust in your business. Visit with The Holton Recorder advertising experts about how to grow your successful business. Simply call us at 785-364-3141. We are here to help your business reach your goals!
• NOTICE: Don't forget to order your Holton Recorder! Subscriptions start at 42 cents per issue!
• NOTICE: Fall is a good time to sell unwanted items here in The Holton Recorder classified section!
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is a local dealer for Superior Rubber Stamp and Seal Company of Wichita. Contact The Recorder for the following supplies: Pre-inked stamps, self-inking stamps, daters, markers, name tags, awards, wall signs, plaques. 364-3141, 109 W.4th St., email@example.com
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is responsible for errors in ads/legals for one time ONLY! If you see a mistake in your ad/legal, please contact us before the next scheduled run so that we may correct the error. Thank you.
• NOTICE: You will be amazed at the response you get when you place an ad on this page! Prices start at just $3.55!
• *The Heart of Jackson Humane Society shelter is located at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton and is open from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday and at other times by appointment. For more information, call 364-5156.
At Your Service
• AAA MICK TREE SERVICE. Kansas Certified Arborist. Tree care and removal. Aerial equipped. Stump Removal. Insured. Free estimates. Holton, Kan., 785-364-5088 or 785-383-6670.
• CHRIS WOLTJE CONSTRUCTION: Specializing in replacement windows, vinyl siding, room additions, decks and any other Interior or Exterior work, large or small. Call for Estimate, 785-633-4429.
• EASTSIDE STORAGE, Fourth and Vermont, Holton, (785)364-3404. Storage compartments for rent.
• JASON HILL FENCING: Repair or build barbwire fence. 785-364-6217.
• ROBINSON EXCAVATING, Mayetta. General dirt work. (785)383-0011.
• TREE TRIMMING & REMOVAL, aerial equipment, stump removal, free estimates, insured. Larrison Tree Service, 364-3743, Call anytime.
Lost & Found
• FOUND: Black Lab, neutered male, white strip on chest, 5-to-6-years-old. Found near 190th/U Roads, Hoyt/Denison area. For more information, contact Banner Creek Animal Hospital, 364-4560.
• FOUND: Gray Calico cat, female, 2-to-3-years-old. For more information, contact Banner Creek Animal Hospital, 364-4560.
• LOST: Hearing aid at Mayetta Pioneer Days. Call 785-986-6218 if found.
• FOR-ADOPTION: (1)Black/tan hound, 2-years-old, male; (1)Brindle mix, 1-year-old, female. For more information, contact Banner Creek Animal Hospital, 364-4560.
• WANT TO GIVE TO A GOOD, LOVING HOME: 4- adorable kittens- 2 male (1 black, 1 yellow), 2 female (1 calico, 1 grey tiger-stripe). Six-weeks old Sept.24. Are eating regular cat food. Have had lots of good attention from children. Very happy, playful kittens. Momma is a good mouser, so kittens would make good barn cats. If interested, call 785-969-6439.
• ANGUS BULLS FOR SALE. David Porter, 785-935-2325.
• The Heart of Jackson Humane Society is seeking donations of several items for continued operations, as well as more volunteers to walk dogs at the shelter. For more information, call the shelter at 364-5156 or stop by the shelter at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton.
• AVOID BEING TAKEN! Before investing in classified ads on work-at-home opportunities, "Too Good To Be True" business opportunities, or advance fee loans, The Holton Recorder urges readers to visit the consumer protection website at www.InYourCornerKansas.org or call 1-800-432-2310.
• FARM/RANCH employment: Year-round, must be dependable. Send resume to PO Box 311, Attn:"P" Holton, KS 66436.
• Work in a job that changes the lives of little children. We have an opening for a Program Aide in Jackson County Head Start Center. Starting salary is $8.70/hour. Please go to www.nekcap.org for job description and application. Please submit application and proof of education to firstname.lastname@example.org. NEK-CAP, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
• Work in a job that changes the lives of little children. We have an opening for a Nutrition Provider in North Pottawatomie County Head Start Center located in Havensville. Starting salary is $10.55/hour. Please go to www.nekcap.org for job description and application. NEK-CAP, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
• FOR-SALE: (1)Oak wall curio cabinet with glass shelves, $75; (1)Armoire, oak, $500; (1)Maple round table with-2 leaves, 4-chairs, $250; (1)Oak pellets, 20-bags, $4/each bag. 364-3310
• NEW legal office folders, $12/case; nice office chairs, $25-$50/each; file cabinets, small desk. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• UHL-FURNITURE: Mobility scooter, new batteries, $400; portable aluminum handi-cap ramp, 30"x8ft., $250; Inva-care new electric hospital bed, $400; electric lift-chair, $100; bunk bed, $200; roll-away bed, $50; tables, chairs, couches, dressers, beds, handicap equipment. 785-969-9167.
• UHL-APPLIANCES: Amana 22-cu.ft. refrigerator, $200; Westinghouse 18-cu.ft. refrigerator, $150; GE 15-cu.ft. chest freezer, $200; Sears Cold-Spot upright freezer, frost-free, $150; fluorescent lights, $5; Kenmore front-door washer, $200; Whirlpool dryer, $150; Hot Point electric range, $150; Quality Craft toilet, $65; built-in dishwasher, $100; suitcase-type portable massage table, $100. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• We have appliance parts in stock. Call Jayhawk TV & Appliance at 364-2241.
Lawn & Garden
• BULK 100% Decorative river rock. 785-851-0053.
• BUYING BLACK WALNUTS: $15/100 pounds AFTER we hull. Starting Oct.1-Nov.7. Buying and hulling hours are Friday/Saturday/Sunday from 10am-4pm ONLY. Also selling 7-days/week, our beautiful, extra large MUMS (even bigger than last year's). We have lots of planters filled with fall colors, pumpkins, gourds, and straw-bales. Valley Lawn-&-Garden, Hwy.16 and Linn St./Valley Falls, KS. 785-945-3642
• SALE! Open-top plastic barrel, $10; 275-gal. poly tanks w/cage, $100/each; wheelbarrow, $40; plastic barrels w/lid for water, feed, storage, $20/each; heavy-duty steel burn barrel, $25; doors, windows, sinks, shutters; steel honey barrel w/lid, $30. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• 2-FAMILY YARD SALE: Saturday, Sept.24, 7:30am-1:30pm, 425 W.5th St./Holton. Half-price after 12-noon!
• 600 OHIO/HOLTON: Saturday, Sept.24, 7am-2pm. Kids' toys, window AC's, household items, something for everyone!
• BLUES MOON OPEN HOUSE and big sale! 8am-5pm Thursday-Friday-Saturday, Sept. 22-24, 10215 U4 Rd./Hoyt. This is the accumulation of 5-households and there is something for everyone! You can also register to win one of 6-great prizes from Blues Moon Professional Organization and enjoy entertainment provided by the Solid Rock Sound Machine. Follow Blues Moon on Facebook for more information and sneak peeks - search for organizewithbluesmoon.
• MULTI-FAMILY SALE: Rain-or-shine. Friday, Sept. 23/Saturday, Sept. 24, 8am-5pm. 1-mile east of Denison, 18393 190th Road. R.Karn, 935-2505. Sliding freezer door, hay rake, wood stove, Coors pool table light, home decor, furniture, jewelry, girls clothes 0-2T, boys clothes 10-16, nice men's/women's clothing.
• FOR-SALE: Emergency generators; Bradford-built flatbeds for pickup trucks. Many models to choose from! Dennis Hutchinson Distributing, 785-924-3700.
• COAST-TO-COAST: Carports, garages, storage sheds, barns, livestock shelters, motor home carports, commercial buildings. Dealer: George Uhl, Sr. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• FOR-SALE: Piazzetta Sabrina pellet stove. High-end stove made in Italy. Only used one season in Mayetta home. Installation pad, ten 40-pound bags of pellets, ash vacuum and vent pipe included. $2,250/OBO for everything. Call John at 785-215-1671.
• 1/2/3-BEDROOM APARTMENTS in Holton: $325-$450/month, no pets. 785-484-2026 or 785-230-2575.
• 2-BEDROOM partially furnished, upstairs apartment close to Holton Square. $400/month plus deposit. Water paid, references required, no pets. Law enforcement welcome. Call 785-364-3151.
• LARGE 2-BEDROOM apartment in Holton. Call 785-305-1614.
• OFFICE SPACE at 104 W.5th Street: Utilities included in rent. Renovated building, only $295/month. Available July-1. 785-364-7153
• SPACIOUS 1-TO-2-BEDROOM apartment close to Square. Call Carol, 364-0126.
• SUPER CLEAN/NICE 1-bedroom apartment. Heat and water included in rent. Outside covered porch, laundry/carport available. No smoking/pets, $450-rent. 785-341-8198.
• FOR SALE/LEASE: Mobile home with Quonset. Available Sept.15! 785-231-6972
• FOR SALE/RENT: 124-Ohio Ave./Holton. 2-full lots, 3-bedrooms, 1-bathroom, $66,000, $700/month. Call 785-215-2829.
• HOUSE-FOR-SALE: 4-bedrooms, 2-bathrooms, newly renovated. In Soldier, Jackson Heights school. Call 785-834-5522.
• HOUSE-FOR-SALE: 2-bedrooms, 1-bathroom, attached garage. 516 Nebraska Ave./Holton, $65,000. 364-3310
• OFFICE FOR RENT: Call 364-3394.
• 2011 3500-DODGE Laramie, diesel, long bed (4x4), 17,000-miles. Always garaged, $40,000. 785-966-2342
• FOR-SALE: 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel-4D longbed. Lots of towing upgrades. Great shape. $16,000. 785-250-8002