Week of July 26, 2017
• *ALCOHOL PROBLEM with family member or friend? Holton Al-ANON family group, Wednesdays, 7p.m., Evangel United Methodist Church, East door, go to Library, Rm.104.
• *Hours at the JCMA New Hope Center Food Pantry, located at Fifth Street and Wisconsin Avenue in the Holton First Christian Church basement, are from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursdays. For more information, call 362-7021.
• *NEED A BANKRUPTCY? Payment options available. Paperwork can be done by mail. Free information. Euler Law Offices, LLP, Troy, KS 66087. Call (785)985-3561. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
• A consistent advertising plan with your local newspaper, informing your customers about how you can serve them, builds consumer confidence and trust in your business. Visit with The Holton Recorder advertising experts about how to grow your successful business. Simply call us at 785-364-3141. We are here to help your business reach your goals!
• NOTICE: Don't forget to order your Holton Recorder! Subscriptions start at 42 cents per issue!
• NOTICE: Summer is a good time to sell unwanted items here in The Holton Recorder classified section!
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is a local dealer for Superior Rubber Stamp and Seal Company of Wichita. Contact The Recorder for the following supplies: Pre-inked stamps, self-inking stamps, daters, markers, name tags, awards, wall signs, plaques. 364-3141, 109 W.4th St., firstname.lastname@example.org
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is responsible for errors in ads/legals for one time ONLY! If you see a mistake in your ad/legal, please contact us before the next scheduled run so that we may correct the error. Thank you.
• NOTICE: You will be amazed at the response you get when you place an ad on this page! Prices start at just $3.55!
• *The Heart of Jackson Humane Society shelter is located at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton and is open from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday and at other times by appointment. For more information, call 364-5156.
• NOW OPEN! Arnold's Iron Gate Antiques. Located within Arnold's Refrigeration. Also prime booth space for rent. Call 785-364-4700 for more information.
At Your Service
• AAA MICK TREE SERVICE. Kansas Certified Arborist. Aerial equipped. Stump Removal. Insured. Free estimates. Holton, Kan., 785-383-6670.
• CHRIS WOLTJE CONSTRUCTION: Specializing in replacement windows, vinyl siding, room additions, decks and any other Interior or Exterior work, large or small. Call for Estimate, 785-633-4429.
• EASTSIDE STORAGE, Fourth and Vermont, Holton, (785)364-3404. Storage compartments for rent.
• MASTIFF PAINTING: General Construction, building/home repair/maintenance, power washing. No-Job-Too-Small, 3-Years-Experience. Free Estimates. 785-851-0911.
• TREE TRIMMING & REMOVAL, aerial equipment, stump removal, free estimates, insured. Larrison Tree Service, 785-364-3743. Call anytime.
Lost & Found
• FOUND: Australian Shepherd mix, male, approximately 1-to-2-years-old, at 301 W.4th St./Holton. Call Banner Creek Animal Hospital, 364-4560.
• FOUND: Chocolate Lab puppy, male, 8-to-10-months-old, at 400 block of W.2nd St./Holton. Call Banner Creek Animal Hospital, 364-4560.
• FOUND: Wire-haired Terrier mix, female, white w/light tan spots, approximately 1-year-old. Found 142nd/L Road. Call Banner Creek Animal Hospital, 364-4560.
• The Heart of Jackson Humane Society is seeking donations of several items for continued operations, as well as more volunteers to walk dogs at the shelter. For more information, call the shelter at 364-5156 or stop by the shelter at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton.
• AVOID BEING TAKEN! Before investing in classified ads on work-at-home opportunities, "Too Good To Be True" business opportunities, or advance fee loans, The Holton Recorder urges readers to visit the consumer protection website at www.InYourCornerKansas.org or call 1-800-432-2310.
• HELP-NEEDED: 3rd shift, competitive pay, night shift deferential. Stop by 725 Iowa Ave./Holton to pick up application. 364-3314.
• HOUSEKEEPER NEEDED at Super-8 Motel, Holton. Apply in person, 300 S. Arizona Ave.
• McElroy's, Inc. is currently seeking a Service/Project Plumber for work in the Manhattan, Topeka, and Lawrence areas. This position installs, repairs, and maintains all plumbing systems, equipment, fixtures and piping. Knowledge in plumbing systems, code compliance, and excellent communication skills required. Pay commensurate with experience. Applicants are encouraged to apply in person at 3310 SW Topeka Blvd., Topeka, Kansas between 8am-4pm Monday-Friday or call 785-267-9046.
• NOW-HIRING: Banner Creek Animal Hospital is seeking part-time person to assist doctor at Holton Livestock Exchange working cattle on Tuesdays. Some Thursdays/Fridays may be required. Must have cattle/farm experience. Please apply in person, 22290 US HWY.75, Holton. For more information, call 785-364-4560.
• UHL-FURNITURE: Handicap; hospital bed, $200; electric mobility chair/scooter, $400; lumbar electric lift chair, $200; recliners, $40; other equipment. Holton, 785-969-9167.
• FOR-SALE: Black Kenmore range, glass top, self-cleaning oven, $200/OBO. Call 785-554-1280.
• UHL-APPLIANCES: Air conditioners; Maytag washer, $200; dryers; refrigerator, $200; electric/gas ranges; parts. Holton, 785-969-9167.
• We have appliance parts in stock. Call Jayhawk TV & Appliance at 364-2241.
Lawn & Garden
• BULK 100% Decorative river rock. 785-851-0053.
• OPEN TOP PLASTIC BARREL, $10; half barrel planter/water/feeder, $10; steel oil barrels, $20; heavy duty burn barrels, $25; steel warehouse racks. Holton, 785-969-9167.
• Stop by and visit our roadside farmers' market! 4-miles west on Hwy.16. Fresh eggs! "Self-serve" produce as it becomes available. 364-6633
• ESTATE SALE: Aug.2-3 only. 308 Western/Denison. One-acre lot; trailer house; multiple outbuildings; various items; everything must go.
• INTERSECTION OF HWY-75/ROAD-118, Hoyt: Thursday-Friday, July 27-28, 7:30am-5pm/Saturday, July-29, 8am-noon. Guitar Hero, microwave, antique desk, Airdyne bike and much more!
• COAST-TO-COAST: Carports, garages, storage sheds, barns, livestock shelters, motor home carports, commercial buildings. Dealer: George Uhl, Sr. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• FOR-SALE: (1)Murray push mower, 3.5HP, 22"cut; (1)Yardman riding lawn mower, 15HP, 42"cut, good condition, owned by older person; (1)Natural gas heater, can be converted, Lennox coil/blower unit, C16 series, 72,000 BTU, 2-years-old, books included. No checks, can text picture. 785-305-0130.
• MIXED CAMPING WOOD and oak, hickory wood for smoking meats, any amount. 785-969-9167
• 1-BEDROOM APARTMENT: Furnished, deposit required, no pets. 785-364-4676/785-408-3261
• 2-BEDROOM HOME in Holton: Garage, hardwood floors, range, fridge, AC. No pets. $575/month, $575/deposit. 785-924-3775
• MOBILE HOME FOR RENT located in Holton with 3-bedrooms/2-bathrooms, washer/dryer hookups, all kitchen appliances included. If interested, please call Dave at 785-410-8442.
• OFFICE SPACE at 104 W.5th Street: Utilities included in rent. Renovated building, only $295/month. Available now! 785-364-7153
• PRIME OFFICE SPACE for-rent: 102 W.5th St./Holton. Contact 364-3302. Available Aug.1.
• USA TRUST PROPERTY FOR-SALE: Now accepting bids for individual trust located at northwest corner of 142nd/K Road. Approximately 73-acres including house or 63-acres without house. Approximately 20-acres tillable balanced pasture on blacktop. 3-bedroom, 1.5-bathroom house, 2-car attached garage, workshop in garage, full basement, approximately 2,400-sq.ft. Completely remodeled in 1997, new heat/air, updated wiring. By appointment only: 785-506-5446.
• COMMERCIAL/RETAIL SPACE for lease: Up to 2,500 sq.ft. in Holton, Highway-75 access. Contact Carole at 785-851-0104. Available Aug. 1st.
• OFFICE FOR RENT: Call 364-3394.
• FOR-SALE: 1994 Dodge B250 custom van. 318 engine, automatic transmission, electric windows/locks/mirrors. Front/rear AC and heat. 3rd-seat folds into a bed. Has navigation and Sirius-XM Radio. The van was bought new and has been in the family ever since. 144,000-miles. $7,500. Russell Hawley, 785-866-2113 or 936-777-0281.
• FOR-SALE: Toyota bed, $450/OBO. No rust. 785-851-1792.
• NOTICE: I am only responsible for debts incurred by myself, no others. Joyce DeVader, Holton.
• This is a public notice to Brianna A. Childers and Charles K. Basko that the property abandoned at Southview Apartments, 110 S.Pennsylvania Ave.#301, Holton, will be moved/disposed of/donated if not removed from the property by Aug.26, 2017. Please contact Donna Powers, manager, 785-364-5074.