Week of 10/12/16
• *Hours at the JCMA New Hope Center Food Pantry, located at Fifth Street and Wisconsin Avenue in the Holton First Christian Church basement, are from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursdays. For more information, call 362-7021.
• *NEED A BANKRUPTCY? Payment options available. Paperwork can be done by mail. Free information. Euler Law Offices, LLP, Troy, KS 66087. Call (785)985-3561. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
• A consistent advertising plan with your local newspaper, informing your customers about how you can serve them, builds consumer confidence and trust in your business. Visit with The Holton Recorder advertising experts about how to grow your successful business. Simply call us at 785-364-3141. We are here to help your business reach your goals!
• Got an old bicycle that you want to get rid of? Take to Jackson County Recycling Center, 700-East 4th-St./Holton. Bikes will be taken/refurbished for Christmas Bureau.
• NOTICE: Don't forget to order your Holton Recorder! Subscriptions start at 42 cents per issue!
• NOTICE: Fall is a good time to sell unwanted items here in The Holton Recorder classified section!
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is a local dealer for Superior Rubber Stamp and Seal Company of Wichita. Contact The Recorder for the following supplies: Pre-inked stamps, self-inking stamps, daters, markers, name tags, awards, wall signs, plaques. 364-3141, 109 W.4th St., email@example.com
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is responsible for errors in ads/legals for one time ONLY! If you see a mistake in your ad/legal, please contact us before the next scheduled run so that we may correct the error. Thank you.
• NOTICE: You will be amazed at the response you get when you place an ad on this page! Prices start at just $3.55!
• *The Heart of Jackson Humane Society shelter is located at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton and is open from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday and at other times by appointment. For more information, call 364-5156.
At Your Service
• AAA MICK TREE SERVICE. Kansas Certified Arborist. Tree care and removal. Aerial equipped. Stump Removal. Insured. Free estimates. Holton, Kan., 785-364-5088 or 785-383-6670.
• CHRIS WOLTJE CONSTRUCTION: Specializing in replacement windows, vinyl siding, room additions, decks and any other Interior or Exterior work, large or small. Call for Estimate, 785-633-4429.
• EASTSIDE STORAGE, Fourth and Vermont, Holton, (785)364-3404. Storage compartments for rent.
• JASON HILL FENCING: Repair or build barbwire fence. 785-364-6217.
• ROBINSON EXCAVATING, Mayetta. General dirt work. (785)383-0011.
• TREE TRIMMING & REMOVAL, aerial equipment, stump removal, free estimates, insured. Larrison Tree Service, 364-3743, Call anytime.
Lost & Found
• LOST: REDDISH-YELLOWISH Simmental-cross cow, right eartag#33, 12-miles west, 2 south of Holton, 364-3935.
• LOST: Thursday, Oct.6 from quarter-mile east of 158th/T-Road, Mayetta. Male cat, Tuxedo, mostly white face w/black "cap," answers to Baxter. REWARD! 785-966-2307
• FREE KITTENS! 364-2863.
• ANGUS BULLS FOR SALE. David Porter, 785-935-2325.
• The Heart of Jackson Humane Society is seeking donations of several items for continued operations, as well as more volunteers to walk dogs at the shelter. For more information, call the shelter at 364-5156 or stop by the shelter at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton.
• AVOID BEING TAKEN! Before investing in classified ads on work-at-home opportunities, "Too Good To Be True" business opportunities, or advance fee loans, The Holton Recorder urges readers to visit the consumer protection website at www.InYourCornerKansas.org or call 1-800-432-2310.
• Drivers: Routes home daily or weekly! Earn up to $1,200/week! CDL-A, 6-months OTR, good background. www.mtstrans.com, 800-305-7223.
• HELP-WANTED: Must be available day hours. Apply in person, Holton Dairy Queen.
• Work in a job that changes the lives of little children. We have an opening for a Nutrition Provider in North Pottawatomie County Head Start Center located in Havensville. Starting salary is $10.55/hour. Please go to www.nekcap.org for job description and application. NEK-CAP, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
• NEW legal office folders, $12/case; nice office chairs, $25-$50/each; file cabinets, small desk. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• UHL-FURNITURE: Mobility scooter, new batteries, $400; portable aluminum handi-cap ramp, 30"x8ft., $250; Inva-care new electric hospital bed, $400; electric lift-chair, $100; bunk bed, $200; roll-away bed, $50; tables, chairs, couches, dressers, beds, handicap equipment. 785-969-9167.
• UHL-APPLIANCES: Fluorescent lights, $5; Kenmore front-door washer, $200; Whirlpool dryer, $150; Hot Point electric range, $150; Quality Craft toilet, $65; built-in dishwasher, $100; suitcase-type portable massage table, $100. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• We have appliance parts in stock. Call Jayhawk TV & Appliance at 364-2241.
Lawn & Garden
• BULK 100% Decorative river rock. 785-851-0053.
• BUYING BLACK WALNUTS: $15/100 pounds AFTER we hull. Starting Oct.1-Nov.7. Buying and hulling hours are Friday/Saturday/Sunday from 10am-4pm ONLY. Also selling 7-days/week, our beautiful, extra large MUMS (even bigger than last year's). We have lots of planters filled with fall colors, pumpkins, gourds, and straw-bales. Valley Lawn-&-Garden, Hwy.16 and Linn St./Valley Falls, KS. 785-945-3642
• COME TO COUNTRY GREENHOUSE and pick out your mums/asters! This week: 9am-5pm Monday-Friday, CLOSED Saturday-Sunday (Oct.15-16). 785-364-3935
• SALE! Open-top plastic barrel, $10; 275-gal. poly tanks w/cage, $100/each; wheelbarrow, $40; plastic barrels w/lid for water, feed, storage, $20/each; heavy-duty steel burn barrel, $25; doors, windows, sinks, shutters; steel honey barrel w/lid, $30. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• MULTI-FAMILY GARAGE SALE: Thursday-Friday-Saturday, Oct.13-15, 8am-5pm. Located north of Holton on Hwy.75, 8-miles to mile marker 197, east-side of highway.
• MULTI-FAMILY GARAGE SALE: 701 W.4th St./Holton. Friday, Oct.14, 2pm-7pm/Saturday, Oct.15, 8am-2pm. Household items, decorative tins/jars, cookie jars, men's/women's clothing and shoes, girls' clothing (up to 2T)/shoes, electronics, dining room table, Christmas/Halloween decorations, dance costumes, lots of other miscellaneous items.
• SALE: Friday/Saturday, Oct.14-15, 9am-4pm. 10578 S-Road, Hoyt. Household items; 6.5' PU-bed "Rug" and liner, "Truxedo" cover; used 500-gallon propane tank; 9.5hp Johnson boat motor; exercise machines; old manual typewriter; 14' fishing boat w/trailer; and more. 786-986-6459
• COAST-TO-COAST: Carports, garages, storage sheds, barns, livestock shelters, motor home carports, commercial buildings. Dealer: George Uhl, Sr. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• FOR SALE: Have 2 new unopened ink cartridges: 1 black Epson T040 and 1 color Epson T041. Will sell cheap. Printer broke, can't use. (785)364-2072.
• FOR-SALE: Piazzetta Sabrina pellet stove. High-end stove made in Italy. Only used one season in Mayetta home. Installation pad, ten 40-pound bags of pellets, ash vacuum and vent pipe included. $2,250/OBO for everything. Call John at 785-215-1671.
• SEASONED ash, hedge, hickory(1), locust, mulberry, oak(1), wild cherry(1); barrel wood stove, $80. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• 2-BEDROOM partially furnished, upstairs apartment close to Holton Square. $400/month plus deposit. Water paid, references required, no pets. Law enforcement welcome. Call 785-364-3151.
• 2-BEDROOM DUPLEX: Attached garage, basement, kitchen appliances, yard maintenance. No smokers/pets. $700/month. 785-364-3913
• 3-BEDROOM, 1-BATH house in Holton. $645/rent, $645/deposit. (785)969-2747.
• DUPLEX-FOR-RENT in Mayetta: 2-bedroom without garage, $550/month, $550/deposit. Available Nov. 1. Please call 785-966-2217.
• HOUSE IN DENISON: $500/month, very clean. 785-741-0744
• IN HOLTON: 3-bedroom, 1-bathroom house, $700/month. 785-741-0744
• OFFICE SPACE at 104 W.5th Street: Utilities included in rent. Renovated building, only $295/month. Available July-1. 785-364-7153
• SPACIOUS 1-BEDROOM apartment close to Square. Call Carol, 364-0126.
• SUPER CLEAN/NICE 1-bedroom apartment. Heat and water included in rent. Outside covered porch, laundry/carport available. No smoking/pets, $450-rent. 785-341-8198.
• FOR SALE/RENT: 124-Ohio Ave./Holton. 2-full lots, 3-bedrooms, 1-bathroom, $66,000, $700/month. Call 785-215-2829.
• HOUSE-FOR-SALE: 4-bedrooms, 2-bathrooms, newly renovated. In Soldier, Jackson Heights school. Call 785-834-5522.
• OFFICE FOR RENT: Call 364-3394.
• FOR-SALE: 1999 Lincoln Town Car. Well maintained, clean, excellent condition, new Goodyear tires (2015), leather seats, multiple CD-load. 785-986-6169
• This is a public notice to Marcia Rackley that the property abandoned at Holton Senior Residences, 400 Wisconsin Ave.#208, Holton, will be moved/disposed of/donated if not removed from the property by Nov.11, 2016. Please contact Judy Johnson, manager, 785-364-4751.