Week of 8/24/16
• *ALCOHOL PROBLEM with family member or friend? Holton Al-ANON family group, Wednesdays, 7p.m., Evangel United Methodist Church, East door, go to Library, Rm.104.
• *Hours at the JCMA New Hope Center Food Pantry, located at Fifth Street and Wisconsin Avenue in the Holton First Christian Church basement, are from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursdays. For more information, call 364-7021.
• *NEED A BANKRUPTCY? Payment options available. Paperwork can be done by mail. Free information. Euler Law Offices, LLP, Troy, KS 66087. Call (785)985-3561. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
• A consistent advertising plan with your local newspaper, informing your customers about how you can serve them, builds consumer confidence and trust in your business. Visit with The Holton Recorder advertising experts about how to grow your successful business. Simply call us at 785-364-3141. We are here to help your business reach your goals!
• NOTICE: Don't forget to order your Holton Recorder! Subscriptions start at 42 cents per issue!
• NOTICE: Summer is a good time to sell unwanted items here in The Holton Recorder classified section!
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is a local dealer for Superior Rubber Stamp and Seal Company of Wichita. Contact The Recorder for the following supplies: Pre-inked stamps, self-inking stamps, daters, markers, name tags, awards, wall signs, plaques. 364-3141, 109 W.4th St., email@example.com
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is responsible for errors in ads/legals for one time ONLY! If you see a mistake in your ad/legal, please contact us before the next scheduled run so that we may correct the error. Thank you.
• NOTICE: You will be amazed at the response you get when you place an ad on this page! Prices start at just $3.55!
• *The Heart of Jackson Humane Society shelter is located at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton and is open from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday and at other times by appointment. For more information, call 364-5156.
At Your Service
• AAA MICK TREE SERVICE. Kansas Certified Arborist. Tree care and removal. Aerial equipped. Stump Removal. Insured. Free estimates. Holton, Kan., 785-364-5088 or 785-383-6670.
• CHRIS WOLTJE CONSTRUCTION: Specializing in replacement windows, vinyl siding, room additions, decks and any other Interior or Exterior work, large or small. Call for Estimate, 785-633-4429.
• DAVIDSON EXCAVATING/Dump Trucking: Top-soil, fill-dirt, fill-sand, deco rock (large/small), pea gravel, driveway rock. Available 7-days/week. Call 785-935-2441.
• EASTSIDE STORAGE, Fourth and Vermont, Holton, (785)364-3404. Storage compartments for rent.
• JASON HILL FENCING: Repair or build barbwire fence. 785-364-6217.
• PROPERTY CLEANERS: Norma 1-785-256-1472. Reasonable rates, detail cleaning, painting, interior/exterior, deck staining. References available.
• ROBINSON EXCAVATING, Mayetta. General dirt work. (785)383-0011.
• TREE TRIMMING & REMOVAL, aerial equipment, stump removal, free estimates, insured. Larrison Tree Service, 364-3743, Call anytime.
Lost & Found
• FOUND: 14-week-old female yellow kitten, 700 block of Arizona Ave. For more information, call Banner Creek Animal Hospital, 364-4560.
• FOUND: 8-week-old female long-haired tabby kitten at 126 Vermont Ave., Holton. For more information, contact Banner Creek Animal Hospital, 364-4560.
• FOUND: Black Lab mix, neutered male, at 722 Dakota Ave./Holton. For more information, contact Banner Creek Animal HOspital, 364-4560.
• FOUND: Cairn Terrier, male, 3-to-4-years-old, at 158th/K Road. For more information, contact Banner Creek Animal Hospital, 364-4560.
• FOUND: Female/male Hound pups on R-Road. Call Heart of Jackson, 364-5156.
• LOST-DOG: Blonde/red chihuahua, blue collar w/tags, chipped. Call 785-364-2464.
• YOUNG PULLETS FOR SALE: 4-to-10weeks-old. Multiple breeds available. Please call, (785)304-2182, for detailed listing and costs.
• The Heart of Jackson Humane Society is seeking donations of several items for continued operations, as well as more volunteers to walk dogs at the shelter. For more information, call the shelter at 364-5156 or stop by the shelter at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton.
• AVOID BEING TAKEN! Before investing in classified ads on work-at-home opportunities, "Too Good To Be True" business opportunities, or advance fee loans, The Holton Recorder urges readers to visit the consumer protection website at www.InYourCornerKansas.org or call 1-800-432-2310.
• FARM/RANCH employment: Year-round, must be dependable. Send resume to PO Box 311, Attn:"P" Holton, KS 66436.
• LOOKING FOR SOMEONE who needs a nice place to live and help out with in-home care and some housekeeping. Very nice, spacious, separate living quarters. Denison area. Call Bill, 785-935-2390.
• SUB NEEDED for paper routes, Holton and Circleville. Call for more information, 785-383-2290.
• NEW legal office folders, $15/case; nice office chairs, $25-$50/each; file cabinets, small desk. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• UHL-FURNITURE: Mobility scooter, new batteries, $400; portable aluminum handi-cap ramp, 30"x8ft., $300; Inva-care new electric hospital bed, $400; electric lift-chair $100; bunk bed, $200; tables, chairs, couches, dressers, beds, handicap equipment. 785-969-9167.
• UHL-APPLIANCES: Fluorescent lights, $5; Maytag washer, $100; Whirpool dryer, $150; Hot Point electric range, $150; built-in dishwasher, $100; suitcase-type portable massage table, $100. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• We have appliance parts in stock. Call Jayhawk TV & Appliance at 364-2241.
Lawn & Garden
• 300-gal. poly tanks w/cage, $100/each; wheelbarrow, $40; plastic barrels w/lid for water, feed, storage, $25/each; heavy-duty steel burn barrel, $25; doors, windows, sinks, shutters; open top plastic barrel, SALE! $10; steel honey barrel w/lid, $30. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• BULK 100% Decorative river rock. 785-851-0053.
• FOR-SALE: Used canning jars. Pints 15-cents/each, quarts 25-cents/each. Call Anita, 785-966-2702.
• Stop by and visit our roadside farmers' market! 4-miles west on Hwy.16. Fresh eggs! "Self-serve" produce as it becomes available. 364-6633
• MOVING-SALE: 407 Highland Ave./Hoyt, Saturday, Aug.27. Night stand, concrete mixer, horse saddle, plus-size women's clothes, kid toys/clothes, picture frames, lots of fun home decor, dresser, TV-stand. Everything must be sold!
• MULTI-FAMILY GARAGE SALE: Thursday/Friday, 7am-4pm, 619 Central Ave./Hoyt. Furniture, home decor, clothes, scrubs, toys and more.
• COAST-TO-COAST: Carports, garages, storage sheds, barns, livestock shelters, motor home carports, commercial buildings. Dealer: George Uhl, Sr. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• 1-BEDROOM APARTMENT for rent. No smoking/pets. Newer stove/refrigerator provided.$375/month. Call or text with questions, 785-565-4189.
• OFFICE SPACE at 104 W.5th Street: Utilities included in rent. Renovated building, only $295/month. Available July-1. 785-364-7153
• SMALL FARMHOUSE for-rent: Stove/refrigerator provided. No smoking/inside pets. $400/month plus deposit. 785-872-3718
• SUPER CLEAN/NICE 1-bedroom apartment. Heat and water included in rent. Outside covered porch, laundry/carport available. No smoking/pets, $450-rent. 785-341-8198.
• FOR SALE/LEASE: Mobile home with Quonset. Available Sept.15! 785-231-6972
• HOUSE-FOR-SALE: 4-bedrooms, 2-bathrooms, newly renovated. In Soldier, Jackson Heights school. Call 785-834-5522.
• OFFICE FOR RENT: Call 364-3394.
• 2011 3500-DODGE Laramie, diesel, long bed (4x4), 17,000-miles. Always garaged, $40,000. 785-966-2342