Week of 6/24/15
• *ALCOHOL PROBLEM with family member or friend? Holton Al-ANON family group, Wednesdays, 7p.m., Evangel United Methodist Church, East door, go to Library, Rm.104.
• *Free Bible Correspondence Course-Certificate awarded at completion. Contact: Northside Church of Christ, 555 NW 46th St., Topeka, KS 66617, phone 785-286-2124.
• A consistent advertising plan with your local newspaper, informing your customers about how you can serve them, builds consumer confidence and trust in your business. Visit with The Holton Recorder advertising experts about how to grow your successful business. Simply call us at 785-364-3141. We are here to help your business reach your goals!
• If you live in Jackson County and are not a current subscriber of The Holton Recorder, you are eligible to receive the FREE Jackson County Shopper mailed each week! Call our office at 364-3141 for details!
• NEED A BANKRUPTCY? Payment options available. Paperwork can be done by mail. Free information. Euler Law Offices, LLP, Troy, KS 66087. Call (785)985-3561. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
• NOTICE: Don't forget to order your Holton Recorder! Subscriptions start at 41 cents per issue!
• NOTICE: Summer is a good time to sell unwanted items here in The Holton Recorder classified section!
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is a local dealer for Superior Rubber Stamp and Seal Company of Wichita. Contact The Recorder for the following supplies: Pre-inked stamps, self-inking stamps, daters, markers, name tags, awards, wall signs, plaques. 364-3141, 109 W.4th St., firstname.lastname@example.org
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is responsible for errors in ads/legals for one time ONLY! If you see a mistake in your ad/legal, please contact us before the next scheduled run so that we may correct the error. Thank you.
• NOTICE: You will be amazed at the response you get when you place an ad on this page! Prices start at just $3.55!
• SEVERAL ACRES of native grass to hay at corner of 198th Road and U.S. Highway 75. 785-364-3800 or 785-851-0481.
• SWATHING/ROUND BALING, net-wrapped bales, Mayetta area. 785-966-2342
At Your Service
• AAA MICK TREE SERVICE. Kansas Certified Arborist. Tree care and removal. Aerial equipped. Stump Removal. Insured. Free estimates. Holton, Kan., 785-364-5088 or 785-383-6670.
• CHRIS WOLTJE CONSTRUCTION: Specializing in replacement windows, vinyl siding, room additions, decks and any other Interior or Exterior work, large or small. Call for Estimate, 785-633-4429.
• EASTSIDE STORAGE, Fourth and Vermont, Holton, (785)364-3404. Storage compartments for rent.
• ELLIS & PEREZ Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning, Deluth, KS. 1-785-458-9695 or 1-785-948-2398.
• GROOMING, all critters welcome! Call Tracie at 785-383-0862.
• GUTTERS CLEANED: Holton area, reasonable rate. 383-4906
• Hydraulic repair, will overhaul cylinders/replace any hose assembly. Call Tony at 785-806-1935.
• K&L ENTERPRISE: Rainbow Vacuum sales/service. 660-582-1700.
• PROPERTY CLEANERS: Norma 1-785-256-1472. Reasonable rates, detail cleaning, painting, interior/exterior, deck staining. References available.
• TREE TRIMMING & REMOVAL, aerial equipment, stump removal, free estimates, insured. Larrison Tree Service, 364-3743, Call anytime.
Local Youth At Your Service
• Mowing, trimming and bagging available! Saving money for college. 785-207-0457.
• Young, ambitious local youth looking to mow and trim yards or provide other lawn needs to residents in and around Holton and Denison. Please contact Jarred at 785-221-7601.
• LICENSED DAYCARE: Call Sidney, 785-506-5515.
Lost & Found
• FOUND: Neutered Jack Russell terrier, black/blue collar, 2-to-3-years-old, at Linscott Park, Holton. For more information, please contact Banner Creek Animal Hospital at 364-4560.
• FOR-ADOPTION: (6)Black Lab/Border Collie mix puppies, 4-months-old; (1)brown/white male dog, 1-year-old; (1)Border Collie/Bassett Hound mix, male, 2-to-3-years-old. For more information, please contact Banner Creek Animal Hospital at 364-4560.
• FOR-SALE: Rachet-type calf w/OB chain and handle, $25. 785-866-5983
• NEED SOMEONE TO MOW HEDGE/do possible yard work/cleanup in 2-homes in Wetmore. Call Thelma Brown, 785-364-7560.
• AVOID BEING TAKEN! Before investing in classified ads on work-at-home opportunities, "Too Good To Be True" business opportunities, or advance fee loans, The Holton Recorder urges readers to visit the consumer protection website at www.InYourCornerKansas.org or call 1-800-432-2310.
• BOOMERS' STEAKHOUSE now hiring dishwasher. Apply in person, Boomers' Steakhouse, 401 Colorado, Holton,KS.
• RESTAURANT CAREER? Part/Full-Time Cook/Prep. Opportunity for advancement! Apply in person, Boomers' Steakhouse, 401 Colorado Ave./Holton.
• Love seat hide-a-bed, divans, chairs, recliners, rockers, kitchen tables, fancy dish-set, lamps, lift-chair, hospital chairs on wheels, beds, tables, walkers, PC table, king, queen, full, bunk beds, dressers, vintage oak chairs and more. George Uhl, 785-969-9167.
• UHL-APPLIANCES: Amana SXS refrigerator/freezer, $300; built-in dishwasher, $100; Frigidaire gas range, $200; Kenmore electric range, $150; clothes dryers. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• We have appliance parts in stock. Call Jayhawk TV & Appliance at 364-2241.
Lawn & Garden
• BULK 100% Decorative river rock, railroad ties, 785-851-0053.
• PLASTIC barrels for water, feed, storage, steel burn barrels, $20/each. Pet cages and carriers, 785-969-9167/Holton.
• Stop by and visit our roadside farmers' market! 4-miles west on Hwy.16. "Self-serve" produce as it becomes available. 364-6633
• 204 S.TOPEKA ST./HOLTON: Saturday, June-27, 9am-? Household items, appliances, patio equipment, tool chest, bicycles.
• SPRING VALLEY RANCH estate sale: 9221 SW Topeka Blvd., Topeka, KS 66617. Thursday, June 25-Saturday, June 27, 9am-4pm. Furniture, collectibles, antiques, 1949 John Deere Model-B, corn sheller, jewelry, tools and much more! Nice collection! 150-plus pictures: estatesales.net/ks/topeka/66617/924525. Reenie Henry estate sale
• FOR-SALE: Vermeer 605F big round baler. Used last year. $1,200/OBO. Call 785-288-0312.
• COAST-TO-COAST: Carports, garages, storage sheds, barns, livestock shelters, motor home carports, commercial buildings. Dealer: George Uhl, Sr. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• FOR-SALE: Large newspaper end rolls, many at about 60 pounds. $1/pound plus tax. Great for table covers for all occasions, among other practical uses. Visit The Holton Recorder office, 109 W. 4th St./Holton or call David at 364-3141.
• FOR-SALE: Variety of seasoned hedge posts. 785-305-1736
• FOR-SALE: Variety of seasoned hedge posts, 9-feet long. Corners $15, lines $8. 785-866-5983
• FOR-SALE: Paver bricks, 4-inches by 8-inches at 2.5-inches, $30. Two-piece set of 3-aluminum jack stands, $20; 2-piece set Pittsburg heavy duty 6-ton jack stands, $25; 2-piece auto-ramp sets, 2-ton capacity for the pair, $20. 785-866-5983
• Oak, ash, hackberry, walnut, for camping and smoking meats. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• NICE 1-BEDROOM UPSTAIRS APARTMENT: No smokers/pets, $390/month. 785-935-2390
• 2-BEDROOM APARTMENT/Holton. 785-364-0476
• 2-BEDROOM HOUSE: Appliances furnished, $475/month plus deposit, no pets. Available July-1. 364-3237 or 785-851-7293.
• 3-BEDROOM, 2-BATHROOM HOUSE/HOLTON: Large fenced yard/storage shed. $725/month, $700/deposit. 785-969-2747
• 4-BEDROOM HOUSE for rent/Holton. Large rooms, CA/CH. 785-364-0476
• Explore your entrepreneurial spirit! Beautiful, large retail or business space for rent on north side of Holton's Square: 106 W.5th, Holton. 1,500 sq.ft., large storage space in basement. Available June-1. Call 785-364-4626 or 785-851-9167 for showing.
• HOUSE-FOR-RENT/HOLTON: Smaller, 3-bedrooms, 1-bathroom, no pets. Rent $500/month, $400/deposit, references required. 785-364-0197
• NEW STORAGE UNIT: 10-feet by 20-feet, concrete floor, roll-up door. 364-0214
• NEWLY REMODELED 1-bedroom apartment for rent. Water/trash paid, no smoking/pets. Available now. 785-565-4189. References required, $425/month.
• STORAGE-UNIT: 12'X24', wood floor. No auto, roll-up door. 364-0214
• HOME FOR SALE: 409 Illinois Ave./Holton. Must see to appreciate! If you want a low maintenance, easy-to-heat or cool home, this is the home for you! Call 851-0481 or 851-0013.
• NEW LOWER PRICE! Soldier: Like-new, 15-year-old ranch style manufactured home with 1,976 sq.ft. plus basement on approximately 10-acres, but not your typical, manufactured. Many upgrades included, with 4-bedrooms, 2-bathrooms. Full basement finish includes large game room, store room, dark room and work shop, outbuildings. Very well kept property, only $114,900. Pearl Real Estate/Appraisal Services, Inc. Mike Pearl, Broker. 785-437-6007
• REAL-ESTATE-AUCTION: 818 Wisconsin Ave./Holton. Online only, Equip-Bid.com. Ends July-19. 785-554-0828
• OFFICE FOR RENT: Call 364-3394.
• FOR-SALE: 2003 Ford Focus. 785-851-7392