Week of 12/17/14
• *ALCOHOL PROBLEM with family member or friend? Holton Al-ANON family group, Wednesdays, 7p.m., Evangel United Methodist Church, East door, go to Library, Rm.104.
• *Free Bible Correspondence Course-Certificate awarded at completion. Contact: Northside Church of Christ, 555 NW 46th St., Topeka, KS 66617, phone 785-286-2124.
• *Holton Alateen for young people whose lives have been affected by alcoholism in a family member or close friend. Mondays, 6:30pm, Evangel United Methodist Church, east door, go to library (Room 104). Closed meeting. 227 Pennsylvania, Holton.
• A consistent advertising plan with your local newspaper, informing your customers about how you can serve them, builds consumer confidence and trust in your business. Visit with The Holton Recorder advertising experts about how to grow your successful business. Simply call us at 785-364-3141. We are here to help your business reach your goals!
• If you live in Jackson County and are not a current subscriber of The Holton Recorder, you are eligible to receive the FREE Jackson County Shopper mailed each week! Call our office at 364-3141 for details!
• NEED A BANKRUPTCY? Payment options available. Paperwork can be done by mail. Free information. Euler Law Offices, LLP, Troy, KS 66087. Call (785)985-3561. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
• NOTICE: Don't forget to order your Holton Recorder! Subscriptions start at 41 cents per issue!
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is a local dealer for Superior Rubber Stamp and Seal Company of Wichita. Contact The Recorder for the following supplies: Pre-inked stamps, self-inking stamps, daters, markers, name tags, awards, wall signs, plaques. 364-3141, 109 W.4th St., firstname.lastname@example.org
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is responsible for errors in ads/legals for one time ONLY! If you see a mistake in your ad/legal, please contact us before the next scheduled run so that we may correct the error. Thank you.
• NOTICE: Winter is a good time to sell unwanted items here in The Holton Recorder classified section!
• NOTICE: You will be amazed at the response you get when you place an ad on this page! Prices start at just $3.55!
• FOR-SALE: Small square bales brome/prairie hay. 364-7109
At Your Service
• AAA MICK TREE SERVICE. Kansas Certified Arborist. Tree care and removal. Aerial equipped. Stump Removal. Insured. Free estimates. Holton, Kan., 785-364-5088 or 785-383-6670.
• CHRIS WOLTJE CONSTRUCTION: Specializing in replacement windows, vinyl siding, room additions, decks and any other Interior or Exterior work, large or small. Call for Estimate, 785-633-4429.
• EASTSIDE STORAGE, Fourth and Vermont, Holton, (785)364-3404. Storage compartments for rent.
• ELLIS CARPET & Furniture Cleaning, Havensville, 1-785-851-7499; (785)948-2398.
• GROOMING, all critters welcome! Call Tracie at 785-383-0862.
• Hydraulic repair, will overhaul cylinders/replace any hose assembly. Call Tony at 785-806-1935.
• PROPERTY CLEANERS: Norma 1-785-256-1472. Reasonable rates, detail cleaning, painting, interior/exterior, deck staining. References available.
• TREE TRIMMING & REMOVAL, aerial equipment, stump removal, free estimates, insured. Larrison Tree Service, 364-3743, Call anytime.
Lost & Found
• FOUND: Male Border Collie mix, 1-year-old, found with red collar near 134th Road, Hoyt. For more information, please contact Banner Creek Animal Hospital at 785-364-4560.
• FOUND: Male Bassett Hound mix, 1-year-old, found with orange collar near 134th Road, Hoyt. For more information, please contact Banner Creek Animal Hospital at 364-4560.
• FOR-ADOPTION: 2-to-3-year-old Yorki mix, female. For more information, please contact Banner Creek Animal Hospital, 364-4560.
• FREE-TO-A-GOOD-HOME: Sealpoint Siamese siblings; spayed, up-to-date shots, used to dogs but not other cats. 785-935-2119
• AVOID BEING TAKEN! Before investing in classified ads on work-at-home opportunities, "Too Good To Be True" business opportunities, or advance fee loans, The Holton Recorder urges readers to contact The Better Business Bureau, 1-800-856-2417.
• The Jackson County Sheriff's Office is seeking applicants for a public safety dispatcher. Applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Must be able to pass testing, background and drug screening. Must work any shift, holidays and weekends. Previous experience preferred, but not required. To obtain an application, please call (785) 364-2251 or stop by the Jackson County Sheriff's Office at 210 US-75 Hwy., Holton, Kansas 66436. The Jackson County Sheriff's Office is an E.O.E.
• UHL'S FURNITURE: Queen bed ($200), used couches, divans, sofas, love seats, easy-chairs, recliners, dressers, chest-of-drawers, tables, chairs, bed frames, lift chair ($200), handicap devices. (785)969-9167/Holton.
• UHL-APPLIANCES: Queen Sleep Number complete bed, $150; New countertop dishwasher; 24"-gas apartment range, $150; Frigdaire electric dryer, $180; Magic Chef n.gas range (white), $200; Galaxy propane gas range, $150; Frigidaire electric range, $100; Frigidaire dishwasher, $100; Dorm refrigerators. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• We have appliance parts in stock. Call Jayhawk TV & Appliance at 364-2241.
Lawn & Garden
• BULK 100% Decorative river rock, railroad ties, 785-851-0053.
• PLASTIC barrels for water, feed, storage, steel burn barrels, $20/each; steel stove barrel w/lid, $25; Also, pet cages and carriers, 785-969-9167/Holton.
• COAST-TO-COAST: Carports, garages, storage sheds, barns, livestock shelters, motor home carports, commercial buildings. Dealer: George Uhl, Sr. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• FOR-SALE: Newspaper end rolls! $1/pound plus tax. Great for table covers for all occasions, among other practical uses. Visit The Holton Recorder office, 109 W. 4th St./Holton or call 364-3141 to schedule pickup.
• Oak, locust, hackberry, hedge, hickory, mulberry, walnut, mixed wood. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• 1-BEDROOM UPSTAIRS apartment in Holton w/appliances. 364-5858 or 364-3477.
• 1-BEDROOM APARTMENT: Furnished, deposit required. 785-364-4676/785-408-3261
• BRIGHT AND CHEERY 1-and-2-bedroom downstairs apartments: Good location, no smokers/pets. 785-935-2390
• 2-BEDROOM HOUSE IN HOLTON: Stove/refrigerator, washer/dryer hookups. No pets/smokers. References. 364-2267.
• 2-BEDROOM HOUSE IN MAYETTA: Stove/refrigerator, washer/dryer hookups. No pets/smokers. References. 364-2267.
• 2-BEDROOM, 1-BATHROOM, Holton. Damage deposit, no pets, references required. 785-364-3750
• 2-BEDROOM, 1-BATH HOME/HOLTON: With appliances, detached garage. $565/rent, $500/deposit. 785-969-2747
• 2-BEDROOM, 1-BATHROOM HOUSE, Holton: Appliances furnished, central heat/air, attached garage. No smokers/pets, references/lease/deposit. $625/month plus utilities. 785-364-8072
• 3-BEDROOM, 1-BATHROOM HOUSE in Holton: $615/rent, $600/deposit. 785-969-2747
• 3-BEDROOM, 2-BATHROOM trailer on J.Road. No pets. 785-364-2205
• NEWLY REMODELED 1-bedroom apartment for rent. Water/trash paid, no smoking/pets. Available now. 785-565-4189. References required, $425/month.
• PRIVATE, RECENTLY RENOVATED office space: North side of Holton's Square, professional building, $295/month, utilities included. Call Betsy, 785-851-9167 or 785-364-4626.
• SWEETEST DEAL AROUND: Apartment for rent, Holton; clean, well-maintained, 1-bedroom, stove/refrigerator/laundry/balcony/carport available. All your heat and water included in rent. No smoking/pets, $450-rent. 785-341-8198.
• OFFICE FOR RENT: Call 364-3394.
• FOR-SALE: 1999 Blazer, excellent condition, motor has 70,000 miles, $2,500. 785-364-5922
• FOR-SALE: 1993 Dodge Ram Charger SUV-318, 5.2-liter, 170,000 miles, $2,000. Scott Brockman, 785-305-0188.