Week of 6/29/16
• *ALCOHOL PROBLEM with family member or friend? Holton Al-ANON family group, Wednesdays, 7p.m., Evangel United Methodist Church, East door, go to Library, Rm.104.
• *Hours at the JCMA New Hope Center Food Pantry, located at Fifth Street and Wisconsin Avenue in the Holton First Christian Church basement, are from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursdays. For more information, call 364-7021.
• *NEED A BANKRUPTCY? Payment options available. Paperwork can be done by mail. Free information. Euler Law Offices, LLP, Troy, KS 66087. Call (785)985-3561. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
• A consistent advertising plan with your local newspaper, informing your customers about how you can serve them, builds consumer confidence and trust in your business. Visit with The Holton Recorder advertising experts about how to grow your successful business. Simply call us at 785-364-3141. We are here to help your business reach your goals!
• GOD CARES DONATIONS are still taking donations and helping people. We will pick up donations! Call James, 785-250-5244.
• NOTICE: Don't forget to order your Holton Recorder! Subscriptions start at 42 cents per issue!
• NOTICE: Summer is a good time to sell unwanted items here in The Holton Recorder classified section!
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is a local dealer for Superior Rubber Stamp and Seal Company of Wichita. Contact The Recorder for the following supplies: Pre-inked stamps, self-inking stamps, daters, markers, name tags, awards, wall signs, plaques. 364-3141, 109 W.4th St., email@example.com
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is responsible for errors in ads/legals for one time ONLY! If you see a mistake in your ad/legal, please contact us before the next scheduled run so that we may correct the error. Thank you.
• NOTICE: You will be amazed at the response you get when you place an ad on this page! Prices start at just $3.55!
• *The Heart of Jackson Humane Society shelter is located at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton and is open from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday and at other times by appointment. For more information, call 364-5156.
At Your Service
• AAA MICK TREE SERVICE. Kansas Certified Arborist. Tree care and removal. Aerial equipped. Stump Removal. Insured. Free estimates. Holton, Kan., 785-364-5088 or 785-383-6670.
• CHRIS WOLTJE CONSTRUCTION: Specializing in replacement windows, vinyl siding, room additions, decks and any other Interior or Exterior work, large or small. Call for Estimate, 785-633-4429.
• DAVIDSON EXCAVATING/Dump Trucking: Top-soil, fill-dirt, fill-sand, deco rock (large/small), pea gravel, driveway rock. Available 7-days/week. Call 785-935-2441.
• EASTSIDE STORAGE, Fourth and Vermont, Holton, (785)364-3404. Storage compartments for rent.
• JASON HILL FENCING: Repair or build barbwire fence. 785-364-6217.
• PROPERTY CLEANERS: Norma 1-785-256-1472. Reasonable rates, detail cleaning, painting, interior/exterior, deck staining. References available.
• TREE TRIMMING & REMOVAL, aerial equipment, stump removal, free estimates, insured. Larrison Tree Service, 364-3743, Call anytime.
Local Youth At Your Service
• LAWN MOWING SERVICE: Mow, trim and bag as requested, saving money for college. Call 785-207-0457.
Lost & Found
• FOUND on Thursday, June-23: Man's first baseman's glove, Louisville Slugger 125-Series. Found across from park. Claim at the news office. 364-3141/109 W.4th St./Holton.
• FOUND: Male Golden Retriever. For more information, contact Banner Creek Animal Hospital, 364-4560.
• FOUND: Male black/tan Wire-Haired Terrier. For more information, contact Banner Creek Animal Hospital, 364-4560.
• FOR-ADOPTION: Male Coonhound. For more information, contact Banner Creek Animal Hospital, 364-4560.
• BABY CHICKS! Day-olds to 6-weeks for sale, multiple breeds available. Call 785-304-2182 for detailed listing and cost.
• The Heart of Jackson Humane Society is seeking donations of several items for continued operations, as well as more volunteers to walk dogs at the shelter. For more information, call the shelter at 364-5156 or stop by the shelter at 414 E. Eighth St. in Holton.
• AVOID BEING TAKEN! Before investing in classified ads on work-at-home opportunities, "Too Good To Be True" business opportunities, or advance fee loans, The Holton Recorder urges readers to visit the consumer protection website at www.InYourCornerKansas.org or call 1-800-432-2310.
• CLARK CHEVROLET is seeking high-school-aged PT-Detailer. 364-3156, ask for Bernie.
• Come join our winning team! Cook/Prep Cook position available immediately. Apply in person at Boomers' Steakhouse, 401 Colorado Ave., Holton-KS.
• Drivers: CDL-A. PT/FT. $2,000 sign bonus! Excellent pay, weekends off! Union benefits, no slip seat. Flexible runs. 855-599-4608
• HELP WANTED: We have an opening for an Assistant Teacher in Jackson County Head Start. Starting salary is $8.70 adjustable by education and experience. This job will start in August. please go to www.nekcap.org for job description and application. Please submit application and proof of education to firstname.lastname@example.org. NEK-CAP, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
• HELP-WANTED: Work in a job that changes the lives of little children. We have an opening for a Program Aide in Jackson County and North Pottawatomie County Head Start Center. Starting salary is $8.70/hour. Please go to www.nekckap.org for job description and application. Please submit application and proof of education to email@example.com. NEK-CAP, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
• IMMEDIATE EMPLOYMENT: Sunflower Supports has an immediate need for Direct Support Professionals to assist adults with disabilities. Must be 18 or older, good driving record, pass drug screen. Overnights/weekends. Apply at 2521 SW 37th St., Topeka. Call 273-1493, ext.1 with questions. EOE
• MOWING COMPANY looking for reliable workers! Call 785-207-0831 or 785-305-1168.
• HELP WANTED: Work in a job that changes the lives of little children. We have an opening for a Program Aide in Jackson County Head Start Center. Starting salary is $8.70/hour. Please go to www.nekcap.org for job description and application. Please submit application and proof of education to firstname.lastname@example.org. NEK-CAP, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
• UHL-FURNITURE: Mobility chair, new batteries, $500; Inva-care new electric hospital bed, $350; Pride electric lift-chair with massage, $300; bunk bed, $200; roll-away bed, $100; loft bed, $150; hide-a-bed couch, $200; tables, chairs, couches, dressers, beds, handicap equipment. 785-969-9167.
• UHL-APPLIANCES: Nice Kenmore AC 18,500 BTU, 220V, $225; new white gas range, $200; Maytag washer, $100; Whirpool dryer, $200; Hot Point electric range, $150; built-in dishwasher, $100. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• We have appliance parts in stock. Call Jayhawk TV & Appliance at 364-2241.
Lawn & Garden
• BULK 100% Decorative river rock, railroad ties, 785-851-0053.
• NEW 6'x6' greenhouse, $70; 300-gal. poly tanks w/cage, $100/each; wheelbarrow, $40; plastic barrels for water, feed, storage, $20/each; heavy-duty steel burn barrel, $25; open top plastic barrel, $10; steel barrel w/lid, $25. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• Stop by and visit our roadside farmers' market! 4-miles west on Hwy.16. Fresh eggs! "Self-serve" produce as it becomes available. 364-6633
• FOR-SALE: New Holland 499 swather, good condition. Ron Kuglin, 364-7458
• 32" OUTSIDE DOOR w/window; 36" door; doors, windows, sinks. 785-969-9167
• COAST-TO-COAST: Carports, garages, storage sheds, barns, livestock shelters, motor home carports, commercial buildings. Dealer: George Uhl, Sr. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• FOR-SALE: Electric Remington chainsaw, 14" Limb N' Trim. Brand new is $50, my price is $20! Call 785-286-7682.
• FOR-SALE: 14-foot John boat-&-trailer with seats/ores/Mininkota trolling motor for it. 7-HP Ward's Sea-King gas motor. Evenrue trolling motor for large bass boat. 1988 300-Bayou ATV-&-trailer (nice). Winchester model-70 7mm mag w/Leupold scope, 2-boxes of shells, hard case. 785-364-3968/785-250-0062
• FOR-SALE: (1)16-quart Presto canner, (1)walnut cracker. 785-271-0785
• 1-BEDROOM APARTMENT: 4th/Iowa. Call 785-305-1614.
• 1/2/3-BEDROOM APARTMENTS in Holton: $325-$450/month, no pets. 785-484-2026 or 785-230-2575.
• 3-BEDROOM HOUSE in Hoyt: $600/month, no pets. 785-305-0705
• NEWLY REMODELED mobile home available for rent. 2-bedrooms, 2-bathrooms with washer/dryer hookups. If interested, please call 1-785-410-8442.
• OFFICE SPACE at 104 W.5th Street: Utilities included in rent. Renovated building, only $295/month. Available July-1. 785-364-7153
• UPSCALE 1-BEDROOM, 1-bathroom loft apartment: Fully renovated, open kitchen/living room, storage, elevator/stairway access. No pets/smoking, 1-year lease $650/month. 785-364-7153
• VERY NICE 2-BEDROOM/1-bathroom duplex. In Holton, west-side. Attached garage, CA/CH, kitchen appliances. $650/month rent, $400/deposit. 785-364-2489
• FOR-SALE: 716 New Jersey/Holton: 1.5-bedrooms, fully carpeted. 785-364-2205
• OFFICE FOR RENT: Call 364-3394.
• FOR-SALE: 1966 Chevrolet Corvair, 2-door, very nice, sporty car, runs good, looks good. Call 785-364-3141 days or 785-364-3800 evenings.
• FOR-SALE: 1994 Excel RU-5th Wheel with hitch, new tires, one slide-out, central air/heat, queen-size bed, in good condition. $6,000 or make offer. 1-785-382-6384