Week of 11/26/14
• *ALCOHOL PROBLEM with family member or friend? Holton Al-ANON family group, Wednesdays, 7p.m., Evangel United Methodist Church, East door, go to Library, Rm.104.
• *Free Bible Correspondence Course-Certificate awarded at completion. Contact: Northside Church of Christ, 555 NW 46th St., Topeka, KS 66617, phone 785-286-2124.
• *Holton Alateen for young people whose lives have been affected by alcoholism in a family member or close friend. Mondays, 6:30pm, Evangel United Methodist Church, east door, go to library (Room 104). Closed meeting. 227 Pennsylvania, Holton.
• A consistent advertising plan with your local newspaper, informing your customers about how you can serve them, builds consumer confidence and trust in your business. Visit with The Holton Recorder advertising experts about how to grow your successful business. Simply call us at 785-364-3141. We are here to help your business reach your goals!
• If you live in Jackson County and are not a current subscriber of The Holton Recorder, you are eligible to receive the FREE Jackson County Shopper mailed each week! Call our office at 364-3141 for details!
• NEED A BANKRUPTCY? Payment options available. Paperwork can be done by mail. Free information. Euler Law Offices, LLP, Troy, KS 66087. Call (785)985-3561. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
• NOTICE: Don't forget to order your Holton Recorder! Subscriptions start at 41 cents per issue!
• NOTICE: Fall is a good time to sell unwanted items here in The Holton Recorder classified section!
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is a local dealer for Superior Rubber Stamp and Seal Company of Wichita. Contact The Recorder for the following supplies: Pre-inked stamps, self-inking stamps, daters, markers, name tags, awards, wall signs, plaques. 364-3141, 109 W.4th St., email@example.com
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is responsible for errors in ads/legals for one time ONLY! If you see a mistake in your ad/legal, please contact us before the next scheduled run so that we may correct the error. Thank you.
• NOTICE: You will be amazed at the response you get when you place an ad on this page! Prices start at just $3.55!
• 100+ LARGE ROUND BALES for sale, sample wt.1586#, Brome/mixed grass, baled with JD567-cover edge net wrap. Also, 1000 Wire tie SMALL SQUARE BALES, mostly brome-in enclosed barn, approx.-85#. Will assist loading with 10-bale grappler. Near Holton. 785-364-3050.
• FOR-SALE: Small square bales brome/prairie hay. 364-7109
At Your Service
• AAA MICK TREE SERVICE. Kansas Certified Arborist. Tree care and removal. Aerial equipped. Stump Removal. Insured. Free estimates. Holton, Kan., 785-364-5088 or 785-383-6670.
• CHRIS WOLTJE CONSTRUCTION: Specializing in replacement windows, vinyl siding, room additions, decks and any other Interior or Exterior work, large or small. Call for Estimate, 785-633-4429.
• EASTSIDE STORAGE, Fourth and Vermont, Holton, (785)364-3404. Storage compartments for rent.
• ELLIS CARPET & Furniture Cleaning, Havensville, 1-785-851-7499; (785)948-2398.
• FALL YARD CLEANUP: Pick up leaves, small branches, etc. Call Scott at 785-305-1168.
• GROOMING, all critters welcome! Call Tracie at 785-383-0862.
• Hydraulic repair, will overhaul cylinders/replace any hose assembly. Call Tony at 785-806-1935.
• PROPERTY CLEANERS: Norma 1-785-256-1472. Reasonable rates, detail cleaning, painting, interior/exterior, deck staining. References available.
• TREE TRIMMING & REMOVAL, aerial equipment, stump removal, free estimates, insured. Larrison Tree Service, 364-3743, Call anytime.
• DAYCARE IN HOLTON has openings. SRS-accepted. Call Sherry at 785-383-9269.
Lost & Found
• FOUND: Neutered Cocker Spaniel at Holton Country Mart. For more information, please contact Banner Creek Animal Hospital at 364-4560.
• FOR-ADOPTION: Older Collie mix, female Blue Merle, neutered black Husky mix. For more information on adopting these pets, please contact Banner Creek Animal Hospital at 364-4560.
• FOR-ADOPTION: Older Blue Merle Collie mix, female; neutered Black Husky mix, 2-years-old. For more information, please contact Banner Creek Animal Hospital at 364-4560.
• WANTED: Businesses, churches, clubs and organizations to participate in the 2014 Christmas Parade around the Holton Town Square! The parade wil be held at 5:30pm on Friday, Nov.28. For more information, watch for details in The Holton Recorder or call David at 364-3141.
• AVOID BEING TAKEN! Before investing in classified ads on work-at-home opportunities, "Too Good To Be True" business opportunities, or advance fee loans, The Holton Recorder urges readers to contact The Better Business Bureau, 1-800-856-2417.
• BARTENDER WANTED: 30-plus hours weekly, mostly evenings/weekends, must be reliable. Apply in person, Boomers' Steakhouse, 401 Colorado/Holton. 364-2468
• HELP WANTED: Day cook needed at Dairy Queen. 8am-4pm Monday-Friday. Good wage/hours, experience helpful. Call Vicki at 364-8214.
• The Soldier Cemetery is taking bids for mowing. Please send resume and bids to Debra Brown, 4340 270th Rd., Soldier, KS 66540.
• UHL'S FURNITURE: Nice blonde indoor table w/benches ($180), queen bed ($150), 1950s china hutch ($150), used couches, divans, sofas, love seats, easy-chairs, recliners, dressers, chest of drawers, tables, chairs, bed frames, bunk beds, lift chair ($200), handicap devices. (785)969-9167/Holton.
• UHL-APPLIANCES: Kenmore dryer, $150; Magic Chef n.gas range (white), $250; Galaxy propane gas range, $150; Frigidaire electric range, $100; Frigidaire dishwasher, $100; Dorm refrigerators. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• We have appliance parts in stock. Call Jayhawk TV & Appliance at 364-2241.
Lawn & Garden
• BULK 100% Decorative river rock, railroad ties, 785-851-0053.
• PLASTIC barrels for water, feed, storage, steel burn barrels, $20/each; steel stove barrel w/lid, $25; Also, pet cages and carriers, 785-969-9167/Holton.
• COAST-TO-COAST: Carports, garages, storage sheds, barns, livestock shelters, motor home carports, commercial buildings. Dealer: George Uhl, Sr. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• FOR-SALE: Newspaper end rolls! $1/pound plus tax. Great for table covers for all occasions, among other practical uses. Visit The Holton Recorder office, 109 W. 4th St./Holton or call 364-3141 to schedule pickup.
• Oak, locust, hackberry, hedge, hickory, mulberry, walnut, mixed wood. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• 1-BEDROOM UPSTAIRS apartment in Holton w/appliances. 364-5858 or 364-3477.
• 1-BEDROOM HOUSE/HOLTON. Available Dec.1, 785-364-6271.
• 1-BEDROOM APARTMENT: Furnished, deposit required. 785-364-4676/785-408-3261
• BRIGHT AND CHEERY 1-and-2-bedroom downstairs apartments: Good location, no smokers/pets. 785-935-2390
• 2-BEDROOM, 1-BATHROOM, Holton. Damage deposit, no pets, references required. 785-364-3750
• 2-BEDROOM, 1-BATH HOME/HOLTON: With appliances, detached garage. $565/rent, $500/deposit. 785-969-2747
• 3-BEDROOM HOUSE, appliances furnished, hardwood floors, available now! 364-6325
• 3-BEDROOM, 1-BATH, 525 Keller/Holton. $675/month plus deposit, no smokers/pets. 785-215-2829.
• 3-BEDROOM, 1-BATHROOM HOUSE in Holton: $615/rent, $600/deposit. 785-969-2747
• 3-BEDROOM, 1-BATHROOM HOUSE, newly remodeled: 124 Ohio/Holton. $650/rent, no pets/inside smokers. 785-215-2829
• CLEAN 3-TO-4-BEDROOM HOUSE in Holton: CA, modern plumbing/electrical, no smokers/pets, references/lease/deposit. 364-5448 after 11am.
• DUPLEX FOR RENT in Mayetta: 2-bedrooms, 1-bathroom, 1-car garage. Available in December. Please call 785-966-2217.
• FARMHOUSE NORTHEAST OF HOYT: No pets. $525/month, $500/deposit. 785-966-2712
• IN HOLTON: Small 2-bedroom house with garage, stove, refrigerator, A/C furnished. No pets. $475/month, $475/deposit. 785-924-3775
• LOFT 1-BEDROOM APARTMENT: Spacious, renovated, lovely view; shower/tub, washer/dryer hookup, all electric, elevator plus front/back stairway, storage, one-year lease, no pets, deposit. $650. Contact Betsy 785-851-9167 or 785-364-4626.
• NEWLY REMODELED 1-bedroom apartment for rent. Water/trash paid, no smoking/pets. Available now. 785-565-4189. References required, $425/month.
• PRIVATE, RECENTLY RENOVATED office space: North side of Holton's Square, professional building, $295/month, utilities included. Call Betsy, 785-851-9167 or 785-364-4626.
• SWEETEST DEAL AROUND: Apartment for rent, Holton; clean, well-maintained, 1-bedroom, stove/refrigerator/laundry/balcony/carport available. All your heat and water included in rent. No smoking/pets, $450-rent. 785-341-8198.
• OFFICE FOR RENT: Call 364-3394.
• FOR-SALE: 1993 Dodge Ram Charger SUV-318, 5.2-liter, 170,000 miles, $2,000. Scott Brockman, 785-305-0188.