Week of 4/29/15
• *ALCOHOL PROBLEM with family member or friend? Holton Al-ANON family group, Wednesdays, 7p.m., Evangel United Methodist Church, East door, go to Library, Rm.104.
• *Free Bible Correspondence Course-Certificate awarded at completion. Contact: Northside Church of Christ, 555 NW 46th St., Topeka, KS 66617, phone 785-286-2124.
• A consistent advertising plan with your local newspaper, informing your customers about how you can serve them, builds consumer confidence and trust in your business. Visit with The Holton Recorder advertising experts about how to grow your successful business. Simply call us at 785-364-3141. We are here to help your business reach your goals!
• If you live in Jackson County and are not a current subscriber of The Holton Recorder, you are eligible to receive the FREE Jackson County Shopper mailed each week! Call our office at 364-3141 for details!
• NEED A BANKRUPTCY? Payment options available. Paperwork can be done by mail. Free information. Euler Law Offices, LLP, Troy, KS 66087. Call (785)985-3561. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
• NOTICE: Don't forget to order your Holton Recorder! Subscriptions start at 41 cents per issue!
• NOTICE: Spring is a good time to sell unwanted items here in The Holton Recorder classified section!
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is a local dealer for Superior Rubber Stamp and Seal Company of Wichita. Contact The Recorder for the following supplies: Pre-inked stamps, self-inking stamps, daters, markers, name tags, awards, wall signs, plaques. 364-3141, 109 W.4th St., email@example.com
• NOTICE: The Holton Recorder is responsible for errors in ads/legals for one time ONLY! If you see a mistake in your ad/legal, please contact us before the next scheduled run so that we may correct the error. Thank you.
• NOTICE: You will be amazed at the response you get when you place an ad on this page! Prices start at just $3.55!
At Your Service
• "HEAVEN'S BEST" carpet/upholstery cleaning. Serving Jackson County for 12-years. 785-364-5484.
• AAA MICK TREE SERVICE. Kansas Certified Arborist. Tree care and removal. Aerial equipped. Stump Removal. Insured. Free estimates. Holton, Kan., 785-364-5088 or 785-383-6670.
• ALTERATIONS: Bridal, prom or any kind of sewing. Call Cindy Meyer, 966-2492.
• CHRIS WOLTJE CONSTRUCTION: Specializing in replacement windows, vinyl siding, room additions, decks and any other Interior or Exterior work, large or small. Call for Estimate, 785-633-4429.
• EASTSIDE STORAGE, Fourth and Vermont, Holton, (785)364-3404. Storage compartments for rent.
• ELLIS & PEREZ Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning, Deluth, KS. 1-785-458-9695 or 1-785-948-2398.
• GROOMING, all critters welcome! Call Tracie at 785-383-0862.
• Hydraulic repair, will overhaul cylinders/replace any hose assembly. Call Tony at 785-806-1935.
• K&L ENTERPRISE: Rainbow Vacuum sales/service. 660-582-1700.
• PROPERTY CLEANERS: Norma 1-785-256-1472. Reasonable rates, detail cleaning, painting, interior/exterior, deck staining. References available.
• TREE TRIMMING & REMOVAL, aerial equipment, stump removal, free estimates, insured. Larrison Tree Service, 364-3743, Call anytime.
Local Youth At Your Service
• Mowing, trimming and bagging available! Saving money for college. 785-207-0457.
• Young, ambitious local youth looking to mow and trim yards or provide other lawn needs to residents in and around Holton and Denison. Please contact Jarred at 785-221-7601.
• BUTCHER HOGS FOR-SALE: Local delivery available! Gary Moulden, 785-364-4203.
• AVOID BEING TAKEN! Before investing in classified ads on work-at-home opportunities, "Too Good To Be True" business opportunities, or advance fee loans, The Holton Recorder urges readers to visit the consumer protection website at www.InYourCornerKansas.org or call 1-800-432-2310.
• Drivers: CDL-A. FT/PT. Excellent pay! Great hometime! Union benefits for FT! Excellent sign-on bonus. EOE. 855-599-4608.
• LOOKING FOR CLASS A CDL: Solo/team drivers to carry refrigerated loads from coast to coast. No New York trips. Will be provided with driver friendly equipment. No touch freight. No Hazmat required. Competitive pay package. Contact Jay: 785-260-5026.
• Work in a job that changes the lives of little children. We have an opening for a Child and Family Advocate 0-5 to work in Jackson County. Starting salary is $14.89/hr. Please go to www.nekcap.org for job description and application. • • • NEK-CAP, Inc. is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
• MOTEL, HOTEL, HOSPITAL FURNITURE; massage table, love couches, divans, chairs, recliners, rockers, fancy dish-set, lamps, lift-chair, hospital chairs on wheels, beds, tables, walkers, storage cabinets, PC table, king, queen, full, twin beds, dressers, vintage oak chairs and more. George Uhl, 785-969-9167.
• KENMORE WASHER for-sale: $35, you pick up! 785-305-0130
• UHL-APPLIANCES: Amana SXS refrigerator/freezer, $300; Hot Point refrigerator, $150; built-in dishwasher, $100; Frigidaire gas range, $200; Kenmore electric range, $150; clothes dryers. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• We have appliance parts in stock. Call Jayhawk TV & Appliance at 364-2241.
• It's time to start thinking about planting a garden. We have seed potatoes, onion sets, asparagus, roots, rhubarb, strawberries, seeds, cole crops, and much more. Come shop at Havensville Greenhouse, where all of the plants are grown naturally. 200 Barbara St./Havensville. 785-948-3960
Lawn & Garden
• BULK 100% Decorative river rock, railroad ties, 785-851-0053.
• PLASTIC barrels for water, feed, storage, steel burn barrels, $20/each. Pet cages and carriers, 785-969-9167/Holton.
• TOMATO PLANTS for sale! Call 364-6633, Betsy Zibell.
• 107-4TH ST./HOYT: May-1, 8am-6pm/May-2, 8am-5pm.
• 13941 166TH RD/MAYETTA: Saturday, May-2, 8am-8pm. Youth bed, crib mattress, lots of bargains! Follow signs. Any questions, 785-608-5295.
• 190TH/HIGHWAY-75: 2-blocks west. Saturday, May-2, 8am-5pm. Lawn/garden equipment, plumbing tools, saw horses, 8-foot folding tables, bunch of miscellaneous.
• Taking donations for FREE-WILL garage sale! GOD-CARES-DONATIONS. Call 785-851-0504.
• COAST-TO-COAST: Carports, garages, storage sheds, barns, livestock shelters, motor home carports, commercial buildings. Dealer: George Uhl, Sr. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• FOR-SALE: Newspaper end rolls! $1/pound plus tax. Great for table covers for all occasions, among other practical uses. Visit The Holton Recorder office, 109 W. 4th St./Holton or call 364-3141 to schedule pickup.
• Hickory, oak, ash, hackberry, for camping and smoking meats. 785-969-9167/Holton.
• NICE 1-BEDROOM UPSTAIRS APARTMENT: No smokers/pets, $390/month. 785-935-2390
• 2-BEDROOM HOUSE, no pets. $550/rent, $550/deposit. 785-364-3750
• 2-BEDROOM, 1-BATHROOM HOME w/detached 2-car garage. $585/rent, $500/deposit. 785-969-2747
• Explore your entrepreneurial spirit! Beautiful, large retail or business space for rent on north side of Holton's Square: 106 W.5th, Holton. 1,500 sq.ft., large storage space in basement. Available June-1. Call 785-364-4626 or 785-851-9167 for showing.
• IN-HOLTON: 2-bedroom home with attached garage, stove/refrigerator, AC. No pets. $500/month plus $500/deposit. 785-924-3775
• K-STATE STUDENTS: 1520 Hillcrest, Manhattan. 4-bedroom, 2-bathroom, available June-2. Call Jerry Leuthold, 785-285-0371.
• STORAGE-UNIT: 12'X24', wood floor. No auto, roll-up door. 364-0214
• VERY NICE APARTMENT: 1st-floor in Victorian house, 2-bedrooms, 2-bathrooms, full basement, 2-car garage. Deposit/references required, no pets. 785-364-4676/785-408-3261
• OFFICE FOR RENT: Call 364-3394.
• FOR-SALE: 1972 Monte Carlo, .350 automatic, yellow w/black vinyl top, $4,850. 785-986-6706
• FOR-SALE: Fifth Wheel Excel Winslow, 31RLE 2011, 3-sides. 913-426-0288